Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,567 Members 42,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL]같Create High Quality default weather Wallpaper in HTC Sense 2.5.191xxx같

Tip us?

djcedric
Old
(Last edited by djcedric; 11th October 2009 at 07:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Default [TUTORIAL]같Create High Quality default weather Wallpaper in HTC Sense 2.5.191xxx같

Make High Quality Wallpaper in HTC Sense 2.5.191xxx in photoshop

I have found the solution to make High Quality wallpaper in 2.5.191xxx HTC Sense!
This solution let you have your own HQ wallpaper as default wallpaper and weather animation at the same time.

First you need a wallpaper with résolution 480x768(1),if you don't have it then resize HD wallpaper 480x800 into 480x768.

you need also the 2 manila files 4bfcbbee_manila(512x512 png file) & 54612042_manila (512x256 png file).

create new file with size 512x515(3) and very important with resolution"95,987"pixels!!!

Take your wallpaper(480x768) and from the upper side cut it in 480x515 and paste image in the new file you have made before on the left side,you will have empty area on the right side, then resize the file into 512x512.

Ok first image file is ready to replace in 4bfcbbee_manila file(with m9editor),be shure to unckeck "read only" in properties of the manila file first or you can't replace the image file in it,when the image file is replaced with m9editor then recheck "read only" before you copie it back in your windows folder!

Now the second file,follow the same steps as for the first file but cut your wallpaper from the bottom into size 480x256.

create new file with size 512x256(2) and very important with resolution"95,987"pixels!!!

Take your wallpaper(480x768) and from the bottom side cut it in 480x256 and paste image in the new file you have made before(512x256) on the left side too then it will look like this:

Ok second image file is ready to replace in 54612042_manila file(with m9editor),be shure to unckeck "read only" in properties of the manila file first or you can't replace the image file in it,when the image file is replaced with m9editor then recheck "read only" before you copie it back in your windows
folder!

Now copy both manila files you have create into windows folder of the HD,be shure to choose picture wallpaper first in menu on today screen.

When you have copyed both files into windows reset your device first!

When the device as restart then choose weather wallpaper and enjoy HQ wallpaper as default wallpaper

Here you have a screenshot with the result,i use Max Theme ultimate but its working without too.

I have work a long time on it to find this solution!
Im very sorry for my poor english,i hope its clear with this little tutorial and some pictures

Maybe we can use this to make new HDWALL for the 2.5 sense?
Also cookers can use it maybe?

Don't forget to say thanks if this is usefull to you

djcedric
Old
(Last edited by djcedric; 11th October 2009 at 07:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Tips & Trics

1.How to easy have the exact size to cut your wallpaper on the right position:

Thanks to kilzone who as given an easy solution!
there is an easier way to do this. When you select the marquee tool you notice (in the options bar) the option 'Style' which is probably set to 'Normal'. If you set this to 'Fixed Size' and type in 512x256 you have the exact size in one image (This is the correct way of making a perfectly sized marquee area.)

sawo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
When i try to copy the manila files to my windows folder it says i dont have permission to do this.The files are read only and when i try to change the attribute, nothing changes. Any ideas?

djcedric
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawo View Post
When i try to copy the manila files to my windows folder it says i dont have permission to do this.The files are read only and when i try to change the attribute, nothing changes. Any ideas?
give me the files i will take a look

rotastrain
Old
(Last edited by rotastrain; 15th October 2009 at 06:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
sorry wrong post..
SUPPORT MY WORK BY MAKING A DONATION!!

My work is can be seen in the xperia section

Follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/Rotasroms
my pieces of art are
Panoramic backgeound for tf3d
Slide to unkock for tf3d
Retractable Slider for tf3d
Widgets for tf3d
HYPER FLUId for tf3d
seperate background for each tab
etc etc etc

sawo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I mean the files on the windows mobile device. I cannot overwrite them prolly because they are read-only, but when i change their attributes they are still read-only.

marco_
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi there,

I was searching for some mods with my own wallpaper on different or all tabs, and stumbled across this fresh piece of code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3616825

Lets you create and install (via .cab) your custom made background (hires/all tabs) and slider icons.

Hope this helps.

djcedric
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_ View Post
Hi there,

I was searching for some mods with my own wallpaper on different or all tabs, and stumbled across this fresh piece of code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3616825

Lets you create and install (via .cab) your custom made background (hires/all tabs) and slider icons.

Hope this helps.
do you think i don't know this app if you see the numbers of posts i have?
can you say that you can make HQ wallpaper for htc sense 2.5.191xxx???
please make one for me then.
Thanks for the info

sawo
Old
(Last edited by sawo; 15th October 2009 at 09:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcedric View Post
do you think i don't know this app if you see the numbers of posts i have?
can you say that you can make HQ wallpaper for htc sense 2.5.191xxx???
please make one for me then.
Thanks for the info
Actually you can - even for 2.5.192xxx but you have to install grzegorz10_Background4all_Tabs-Manila_1920.CAB first, then select the manila 2.5 profile in the hdwalls settings. Then you have to install the cab and select weather wallpaper. Unfortunately for now i cant get it to work 100% correctly - i get black stripe on the right side of the screen - its like the size is not entirely correct, but i have the same problem using your method so it may be something related to the rom im using(or the all tabs background cab im using) or something like that - i have to check some stuff and figure this out.
edit: i measured the black bar on the right side of the screen and its width is exactly 29px

arang
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i think not 480X768
but 480X696