WiFi Notifications issue
Apologies if this is obvious / simple. If it is it has eluded me in 2 days research . . . .
I have a O2 XDA guide with original O2 ROM. I use WiFi at home in preference to 3G so tend to leave it switched on in case I forget when returning home and watching YouTube.
The side effect of this is many many unwanted Wireless notifications when I am out. To clean this up I have
1) unticked every box in Start>Settings>Sounds and Notifications>Notifications>Wireless Network detected and
2) Unticked Connections WiFi, Wireless Networks>Menu>Advanced Turn on Available network notifications. and
3) Selected Don't show this again when the notification button appears on the (WM6.1) Homescreen. This worked on individual networks around my home but there are too many to be clicking ignore tham all on the move !!!
This has provided a partial solution (says notification on today screen but no baloons, lights or sounds) but driving /walking around gives me a pretty constant 'notification' 'button' on screen - which is crazy - and gets me every time.
1) What have I missed please (having done all the above my expected behaviour would have been 'silently log onto home network but require manual search to show any others')
2) I cannot believe a reg edit is required to control this - maybe that's the problem
2) Are all these notifications filling up some some huge file somewhere or has that problem now gone away in WM6 ?