Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some info for those who own the hTY Q5.

Tip us?

Scotsman828
Old
(Last edited by Scotsman828; 28th November 2009 at 07:02 AM.) Reason: Updating with new info.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Smile Some info for those who own the hTY Q5.

Sorry for your luck if you are thinking of flashing an ELF ROM, the mainboards are similar in shape but the components are different. But you can use the Elf batteries. At least you have a source for batteries.
There are new hTY Q5 WM6.5 ROMS on the Chinese forums but most do not have the english keyboard. I could not register at any of these sites, the security Captacha wouldn't pass for some reason. Google's translations are lame when it comes to the Chinese language. If someone can actually manage to snag one of those ROMs please post it here for testing. Appearently it's pretty much straight forward. Put the ROM .img file in the root of your T-Flash card, hold the center select button and then push the power button and the phone will update the ROM. (***Caution***) Before flashing you need to know which LCD your phone has. The older models have the ILI LCD and the newer models have the LG LCD. On the phone keypad dial **168## this will bring up the HCIT Test Program where you can get the ROM version your phone has. It will look similar to this Q5_LEN_WM6.1_V3.00_091216_LG28_OV2_HY76_HTF_ND_BT_ WF_G
(ILIxx)
If those of use who own these phone band together and do our research, we should be able to give new life to our hTY phones. We need our own section in this forum.

Scotsman828
Old
(Last edited by Scotsman828; 28th November 2009 at 07:03 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Still searching.

luebby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTY Q5

have you on the HTY Phone the elf Rom running?
I Have tnhe same Mobile...

Greets Jürgen
HTC-710

migoddard
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone have a Firmware update for Hantel HTY Q5 Windows 6.1?

Scotsman828
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Updated info at top post.

jaygreene24
Old
(Last edited by jaygreene24; 30th November 2009 at 03:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default English rom's

I am also looking for English WM6.1 or WM6.5 for HTY Q5. I have several Chinese WM6.5 versions. I will keep looking and let you know. Concerning Google Translate, try opening the original Chinese version and translated version and use the translated one as a guide but enter everything through the original page. I was able to register with Chinese forums this way and then use Live translate or Google to login and download. You also need to download a special program called raysource to download most of them.

I also have T4242 English WM6.5 and will try and post later today.

Scotsman828
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
jaygreene24, thanks for the info about registering on the Chinese forums. Is there a way to replace the Chinese keyboard with the english after flash. I want WM6.5 but not if I cannot use the phone afterward because everything is in Chinese. I would prefer an OEM flash, cause most cooked ROMs have lots of bugs.