Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Needed...SPL 1.22

Tip us?

rsloader
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help Needed...SPL 1.22

Hey guys,

I'm getting impatient with the release of 6.5 in Australia, so when looking into performing the HARD SPL for my device, what I could find was the details for 1.17 and 1.19.

But my device when I goi in to the tri colour screen is

Code:
Select Code
MAPL130
SPL - 1.22.0000
MicroP-Maple (LED) v6
ENGID 0x2
PCBID 0x80
PanelInfo 15-0x2
Any help would be great

rocksford77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

Hi, I am having the same issue. Splash screen on HTC Snap (Telstra) says SPL 1.22 and I cannot HardSPL with Jocky's 1.17 and 1.19.
I need to hardSPL my unit so I can use other roms. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

tickford
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am looking to buy this on Telstra myself so would be interested to see this happen - running a generic 6.5 ROM would be cool..... I used to have a Touch Pro so am familiar with flashing the ROM etc but it seems the community is a little smaller for Windows Smartphones.

From the demo I played with at T Life the Telstra branding did not seem that bad (not on shortcuts or anything annoying like that) - just a Bigpond link when scrolling on the homepage. I really liked the trackball too.... will have to think about whether I want to join the dark side (Telstra ) tonight....

rsloader
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I actually find the Telstra Branding really annoying as I can't remove the pre installed programs either such as Foxtel.

So please save me from a 6.5 Telstra Branded Phone!

tickford
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsloader View Post
I actually find the Telstra Branding really annoying as I can't remove the pre installed programs either such as Foxtel.

So please save me from a 6.5 Telstra Branded Phone!
Isn't that just a shortcut icon in the menus? What other branding is there? I want to get one tomorrow but not if branding is that bad

rsloader
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford View Post
Isn't that just a shortcut icon in the menus? What other branding is there? I want to get one tomorrow but not if branding is that bad
Yeah once you have changed the default home screen, they only appear in the menu, but I find it annoying when you need to scroll through them to get to what you actually want to.

But I still would love some help with my problem. As I can't seem to find a solution.

tickford
Old
(Last edited by tickford; 14th October 2009 at 11:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for that. Hopefully somebody can help us Telstra version folk out

Wiz
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford View Post
Thanks for that. Hopefully somebody can help us Telstra version folk out
Wait for a new HardSPL, that's your only option. It seems that HTC has been busy locking down the base even more. SPL 1.2x also is preventing devices that did successfuly HardSPL from running the new rom upgrades. My hunch is that we'll be seeing a HardSPL 1.24 soon.
__________________________________________________ _________________

HTC One M8 16Gb - Gun Metal Grey - SuperCID - S-OFF - AHRD 10.0 Dalvik
__________________________________________________ _________________
If you value custom ROM development, demonstrate it please ...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6kzfdjx72ijbbb/androidrevrec2.png

rsloader
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
Wait for a new HardSPL, that's your only option. It seems that HTC has been busy locking down the base even more. SPL 1.2x also is preventing devices that did successfuly HardSPL from running the new rom upgrades. My hunch is that we'll be seeing a HardSPL 1.24 soon.
Ok then!

Hope you are right!

jockyw2001
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 21
I think the newer radio version prevents the sspl (jumpspl) from loading, because the radio writeprotects the required memory area. I will develop a test to verify that.
Happily accepting donations for free SIM/Security unlockers, FrankenKaiser unbricker for Kaiser "Radio From Hell", Herald unbricker, Excalibur & Shadow WiFi fix, many SPLs (e.g. Vox, Excalibur, Shadow, Kaiser, Niki, Diamond) and generation of sim unlockcodes for many HTC models (Excalibur, Vox, Elf/Elfin, Gene, Startrek, Oxygen, etc). Proud member of the Diamond Project Team
http://forum.xda-developers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=487710&dateline=11901  94891