Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

[HOWTO] Create a GoldCard - Bypassing the RUU/SPL CID check to Root/Downgrade

OP Jesterz

17th October 2009, 08:59 AM   |  #11  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 21

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tianci86

so it's tested and proven for 2.73.707.9?great!

CONFIRMED! it works on 2.73.707.9 , just got 2.73.405.5 , im so happy , thanks soo much guys your the best
17th October 2009, 09:16 AM   |  #12  
Flag London UK
Thanks Meter: 29

574 posts
More
Talking My Hero..... lol

Thanks, I thought I would be owned by T-Mobile for ever after the ROM update
Now I'm back to the HTC default ROM (NOT T-Mobile G2 Touch!!!), cup of coffee time before Rooting flashing etc and remaining from now on faithful to Paul and the MoDaCo ROM
17th October 2009, 09:37 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
hey guys!

i have a question

im a owner of an tmobile g2 touch and want to have the new firmware of the htc hero can i use this hack to update to the newest firmware because at the moment it says if i want so update: error this rom is not for your device, and so on..

thx !
bye

sry for my english im from germany
17th October 2009, 09:51 AM   |  #14  
OP Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 116

436 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyounut

hey guys!

i have a question

im a owner of an tmobile g2 touch and want to have the new firmware of the htc hero can i use this hack to update to the newest firmware because at the moment it says if i want so update: error this rom is not for your device, and so on..

thx !
bye

sry for my english im from germany

ja das stimmt
17th October 2009, 11:55 AM   |  #15  

90 posts
thx jesterz
successfully update singapore hero 2.73.707 to 2.73.405, rooting in a while...

17th October 2009, 12:16 PM   |  #16  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 61

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0s

I had the same issue with Recovery Flasher I couldn't to boot into recovery. I was also unable to downgrade to the 1.7 roms due to a bootloader version error, arghhh. Anywho, managed to work my way round it, i'll explain below. I've got a T-Mobile G2 updated to the latest rom (so no root access).

I first followed the instructions on making a goldcard and then flashed the 2.73.405.5 WWE rom fine.

Now make sure you have the cm-hero-recovery.img (http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/m...covery-1.0.zip) on the root of your sdcard. Aswell as Instant Root (http://neilandtheresa.co.uk/Android/) now install Instant Root on the phone. It should pop up with a notification "instant root was sucessfully" or along those lines. (If you have a problem installing Instant Root make sure Settings>Applications>Unknown Sources is checked)

Instant root then allows for root access with adb shell using the following 2 commands:
1) adb shell
then
2) su
the icon should change from a $ to #.

Now flash the recovery image with the following command:
1) flash_image recovery /sdcard/cm-hero-recovery.img

This shouldn't take that long once completed it will go back the # prompt example below.

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/cm-hero-recovery.img (I typed this)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/cm-hero-recovery.img (this pops up)
# (this shows the flash completed)

Now pull out your usb cable and battery, turn on the phone with the battery in place while holding the home button and it should boot into the custom recovery .

Well, I hope this helps someone and I didn't just waste my time . Oh, thanks for posting the goldcard instructions.

Did it last night and got it working, used the AMON Hero recovery image instead and partitioned my sd card without going through the manual adb solution.

Cheers
17th October 2009, 12:54 PM   |  #17  
Flag Lancaster

74 posts
Donate to Me
More
could this be adapted for the sprint hero?
17th October 2009, 01:03 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 9

263 posts
Sprint Hero support request strongly seconded, i am desperate to get my CDMA Hero rooted.
17th October 2009, 03:16 PM   |  #19  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 214

663 posts
More
have you guys tried using thesame method and got anywhere? I mean, from what I know is that you can't even boot in to recovery mode right? have you guys tries the adb method to boot into rec mode at least?
17th October 2009, 03:48 PM   |  #20  
Flag Moving around in the ancient land
Thanks Meter: 287

727 posts
More
Aces!!!!

Worked on Indian 2.73.720 like a charm.
Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread