5,595,428 Members 47,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme][Metamorph] Buuf CM/Dwang/TheOfficial/manup Eclair 01/14/10

Tip us?

DeaDnuLL
Old
(Last edited by DeaDnuLL; 21st October 2009 at 12:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default G1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalqhoey View Post
wen i flash it,it goes 2 the android screen and then it jus turns black aqnd it doesnt load at all
Hmm are you putting it on to a freshly installed rom or on an existing rom? I would give fix_permissions a try from adb see if that does the trick if not the best i can say to try is run a backup and try and flash it onto a fresh copy of cm. All my testing is done on clean install old installs can be unpredictable.

Just a note if you haven't given it a good 2 - 5 min to boot i would leave it for a few min. I know on my phone it can take a while depending on the amount of time i have flash over the same rom. I would also check to make sure that you are running 4.1.9999 and not 4.1.999 I though I had flashed it up but form some reason the package didn't flash the first time round and was still running 4.1.999 so give that a check, Of course it was my fault for not paying attention and reflashing 4.1.999.

Has anyone else had problem with a G1 or is this a freak occurrence?

atkingeddie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the market and gmail and other google apps dont have their buuf icons and also the market wont download anything for the g1.......4.1999

zerowx5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default this is correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkingeddie View Post
the market and gmail and other google apps dont have their buuf icons and also the market wont download anything for the g1.......4.1999
this is why com.google.gapps is causing me big issue since i cannot download screenshot app off market nor can i update my contacts via gmail so im gonna reload cm 4.1.9999 install screen shot app so i can show you whats going on

nebrada
Old
Thanks Meter 0
great to see buuf back in action
Black HTC Dream/T-mobile G1
ROM: Froyo
Recovery: amon_ra
SPL: *DANGER*

<iframe src="http://www.refresheverything.com/widget/?i=bdd3277e-d9ee-102d-826f-0019b9b9e205&w=300" width="300" height="255" scrolling='no' frameborder='0'></iframe>

DeaDnuLL
Old
(Last edited by DeaDnuLL; 21st October 2009 at 01:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default google apps

Quote:
I don't include the Google Binaries. They are non distributable apks sadly there is no way to change the icons with out including them that I know of. I am going to work on this problem and see if i can get those icons out in later release without having to include apks and worrying about Google licenses. If you would like to build these apks with custom icon i will package up the icons need to get them up and running.

As for the market I don't include those apps so i don't believe the download problem has to do with this theme.

lothos88
Old
(Last edited by lothos88; 21st October 2009 at 01:14 AM.) Reason: grammar
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Same thing happening to me on my G1 (market won't download, get stuck at "starting download"). Tried reflashing CM-4.1.9999 but didn't help anything, gapps still crashes at startup. Ended up having to reload my backup image (luckily had done so just a few hours before loading this theme).

I really like the look of this theme and it runs super smooth which is why I really want to use it. Hopefully can figure out what the problem is.

atkingeddie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
es that google gapps or whatever forceclose is a problem but ive never had this problems with other themes

markimar
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Would love to see this on enomthers asoap.
Was thinking of flashing back but am getting to lazy!
Enoms rom is faster and smoother. Port this over and ill be flashin!

DeaDnuLL
Old
(Last edited by DeaDnuLL; 21st October 2009 at 01:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothos88 View Post
Same thing happening to me on my G1 (market won't download, get stuck at "starting download"). Tried reflashing CM-4.1.9999 but didn't help anything, gapps still crashes at startup. Ended up having to reload my backup image (luckily had done so just a few hours before loading this theme).

I really like the look of this theme and it runs super smooth which is why I really want to use it. Hopefully can figure out what the problem is.
I have had this happen to my by loging into 2 different gmail accounts with the same phone and different roms. Google associates you phone with your account so if you login form one account to another it will cause this problem. The other possibility is a documented market bug. I fixed this problem my running the initial setup on my phone to the original Gmail account.

agdooooo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
oh mah lawd! any G1 users have any success getting this to work?

Tags
android, buuf, cyanogen, theme