Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

aircrack -ng on android

Tip us?

nexx892
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default aircrack -ng on android

Is the g1 capable?

davec26
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Lol how on earth would a g1 do that lol pointless post in the development section yet again ... look just go here http://www.aircrack-ng.org/
and post away as much as u like but Not In Here
Came from nokias like the 7650, 6600,n95 etc to windows elf .
Then the htc magic but missed a keyboard so went to the g1 then htc hero all rooted ! then to the moto dext and x10 mini pro, ipone 3g, HTC desire , iPhone 4 , iPhone 4s , Moto atrix and now a Nokia lumia !!!!! sigh update
ok now the htc desire, samsung ace, htc desire s....

dave_chalton@hotmail.com

str4vag
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexx892 View Post
Is the g1 capable?
would be sweet if someone can make it work..
i imagine it will be a battery killer
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

TermyJW
Old
(Last edited by TermyJW; 22nd October 2009 at 05:42 PM.) Reason: Added tiny little Q&A comment.
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
You would have to have the Debian OS installed on the side, which has been discussed on the forum many times. And then you'd have to run it on Debian. After hooking up the phones WiFi to Debian, which as far as I know, there aren't any Drivers made yet.

So, the G1 is capable, but it takes a great deal of work.

Not even mentioning the fact that it is illegal to crack the WiFi codes in some places...

Also, this is not a development question, it should be in Dream Q&A.
Best regards,
Jason 'Termy' Winstanley

alapapa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508871
I can help you become more human

myangel.go
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Aircrack for Android

Hi
Look just go here:
javapassionblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/aircrack-ng-su-android.html

Maave
Old
Thanks Meter 4
As much as I would love it, no. I've been hunting this for a while myself. The G1 doesn't have Android drivers capable of monitor mode.

There is hope though. SHR Linux is a distro designed for phones. It started as an OS for the Openmoko Neo Freerunner and was planned to spread to more but it sucks on everything but the Freerunner and the G1.
http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki...m/InstallGuide
Anyway, SHR Linux uses the wl12xx driver, a mac80211-based driver for the wl1251 (the G1's wifi chip). Driver stability is sketchy but if we're lucky it'll go into monitor mode without crashing. The procedure to use the driver is written here: http://www.htc-linux.org/wiki/index....am#Core_Status

I haven't tried SHR Linux yet, it's on my list of stuff to do. I think I'll give a go today.

Before someone says "the chip doesn't support monitor mode", yes it does. Some guy made monitor+injection drivers for the N900 which uses the same wifi chip as the G1. Google "N900 bleeding edge wifi" if you want to see it, it's on his blog. 'Why can't we use this working driver for SHR/Debian/Android' you ask? Because that driver was designed for the Power Kernel mod of Maemo, but the driver would definitely help devs if they sought to get monitor mode from Android.

h311sdr0id
Old
(Last edited by h311sdr0id; 20th July 2011 at 12:48 PM.) Reason: typo
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1053

DONATE TO ME
Smile Slack

Don't forget about Backtrack's older versions as well (when we ran aircrack-ng through slackware)... BT had been using Slackware in some of the beginning releases of development and aircracl-ng ran beautifully.

Slackware has been around forever and has alson has a ARM based release of their distro for a little while now. I think it would be nice to see any of our devices running slackware and aircrack together, But who knows.

I liked BT better when it ran Slack anyways.

hellsdroid

zewelor
Old
(Last edited by zewelor; 21st September 2011 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=17750634 working aircrack-ng on g1

deadfish75
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have all this working with your fantastic tutorial and files provided and good links, but i have one problem, the resolution looks like it is set too high for the g1 480x320 res, and which buttons do you use to close airodump-ng to use aircrack-ng to crack the key??