Battery Life

Search This thread

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
So it sounds like when this thing hits CDMA (I'm hoping it does) that it will get pretty good battery life compared to my Diamond. I'm just wanting a phone that will last longer than my Touch Diamond does now (Alltel w\ 1350 mAH battery on Verizon). Since the GSM Diamond has 900mAH and this one has ~1300 and it has better battery life than the Touch Pro 2, I'm not worried. As long as I can charge every night and have enough juice for the day (100 received texts per day + some Facebook + push e-mail every four hours + maybe 30 minutes talk time on phone) and still have the epicsauce that is this phone, well, yeah I will be happy. lol

kb0n

Oct 24, 2009
The is no such thing as a "Touch HD2", so the picture is probably just photoshoped ^^ That one on the pic probably won't fit, different number of pins (as you said) and the size/thickness proportion does not fit (it's just too thick).

jrvenge

Sep 26, 2009
Ok well i already have one, and its defo not photoshoped cus it says on the sticker HD2
?

There are now 4 different ebayers selling the same battery for the HD2, confusing eh?

Still i only payed £5 for mine so if it don`t fit ill use it as a paper weight :)

jrvenge

Sep 26, 2009
Its just an emergency replacement, not for everyday use, so for £5 cant complain.

WildWayz

Oct 20, 2009
I have disabled HSDPA/3G on mine, and it lasts about 2 days with normal text, emails and the odd call.

With HSDPA and Wi-Fi on, maybe a day and a bit

vangrieg

Jul 30, 2007
Moscow
I have disabled HSDPA/3G on mine, and it lasts about 2 days with normal text, emails and the odd call.

With HSDPA and Wi-Fi on, maybe a day and a bit

Are you talking about HD2 here? And what does "Wi-Fi on" mean - you aren't saying that it lasts more than a day with Wi-Fi on all the time, are you? And finally, by a "day" do you mean 24 hours (i.e. "2 days" means 48 hours and "a day and a bit" like 30 hours)?

jrvenge

Sep 26, 2009
If thats the case then thats not bad, i only get about 3 days from my nokia 5800 on 3g, bout 4 days on standard, considering what the hd2 is doing thats pleasing.

Any chance you can upload a closeup pic of the battery?

WildWayz

Oct 20, 2009
Are you talking about HD2 here? And what does "Wi-Fi on" mean - you aren't saying that it lasts more than a day with Wi-Fi on all the time, are you? And finally, by a "day" do you mean 24 hours (i.e. "2 days" means 48 hours and "a day and a bit" like 30 hours)?

I mean, leave it turned on (but set to activate when the screen is woken up) - not on all the time - would get about 3hrs, if that if I did that :)

A day = 24hrs :)

Day and a bit - probably about 36hrs...

lude219

Jul 13, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
**Battery Test Log**

It was inevitable!:D

Still crossing my fingers for the HD2 to come to the US, but in the meantime, i thought we'd have a thread dedicated to HD2's battery life, because much of the criticism was that the 1230mAh was too small to handle this 1Ghz monster! (which we've come to know is very much efficient!)

There has been scattered posts about battery usage, so, for those lucky enough to behold this beast, please inform us unfortunate souls on your daily usages (min/max usage), signal strength, and the number hours/days you can squeeze out of it. You can use this simple layout:

Usages:
# of hrs/days:

ENJOY!!:D

parianos

Jan 6, 2005
Battery life

Wel to be ownest I have mine almost 3 days and the battery life seems to me very very good even beter than the hd.
Only one minor drouw back but it is not to htc fault it is the fact than you do not have any stulus any more and windows and other programs use dropdown list menu and this are diffucult to select.
Everything seems to work fine but it is comparemble to hd (ofcaurce with the roms like xtrom) updated.

KB24@CL

Jan 15, 2009
Cologne
if the battery can handle one day of heavy use, thats fine...I mean I don't bother to charge at night...I just need to get through the day.

and for that I don't really talk alot on my o2 contract. I use it mostly for data connections...for talking I have another contract and another phone (crap phone SE i750) which I use a lotl

hotswank

Nov 17, 2009
The BB G300 Battery pack is 'designed' to charge the battery if mains power is not available. I would like to know if you could use the HD2 while charging with it, like you can with the mains charger? IMHO much better solution than the bulky battery extension if you ever ran out of juice.

With the high capacity of 2680 mAh, the BB G300 Battery bank provides the ability to charge your device up to three times when mains power is not available (depending on usage and battery capacity). The HTC BB G300 is fitted with both USB and mini USB ports for your convenience and a multi-level charge indicator, the HTC BB G300 is the perfect solution to charging when you are on the move.

http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/p_htc_item.aspx?i=188897

mr_Ray

Feb 9, 2006
The BB G300 Battery pack is 'designed' to charge the battery if mains power is not available. I would like to know if you could use the HD2 while charging with it, like you can with the mains charger? IMHO much better solution than the bulky battery extension if you ever ran out of juice.

Yup looks to be just another battery with a USB port so no different to running off mains or any other form of charger. 5V/1000mA through USB is 5V/1000mA through USB...

They're really useful. I have one that runs off rechargable AAs and it's saved me many a times (and not just with my phone).