View Poll Results: Battery Icon, what do folks prefer? (made a couple of round ones but still not happy)
The battery here - http://www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk/files/G1/icons.png 26 38.24%
The battery here - http://www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk/files/G1/newbatt.png 36 52.94%
Suggest something else (post in the thread with thoughts, ideas, links, etc etc.) 4 5.88%
Whatever, just make it look gooooood. 11 16.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

[Theme] MarksTheme for CyanogenMod [CM-6.0.0-DS] [Rev 'B' - 30th AUGUST]

OP markvarley

25th October 2009, 04:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated for CyanogenMod 6x,
Quote:

CM 6X

• revision B for CyanogenMOD 6.0.0-DS
  • themed more icons in settings.apk
for CM 6.0.0-DS ~theme rev B ~ DOWNLOAD HERE & Flash from recovery.

Quote:

CM 6X

• revision A for CyanogenMOD 6.0.0-DS
  • Essentially the same as the previous theme for 5.0.8 rev B
  • Includes black calculator.
  • Includes modded (new) Gmail (icons etc).
for CM 6.0.0-DS ~theme rev A ~ DOWNLOAD HERE & Flash from recovery.

Updated for CyanogenMod 5x,
Quote:

CM 5X
Updated for CyanogenMod 5x,

• revision B for CyanogenMOD 5.0.8-DS
  • Fixed Spare parts issue
  • Spinner (loading anim) changed
  • new buttons on pattern lockscreen
for CM 5.0.8-DS theme rev B - DOWNLOAD HERE & Flash from recovery.
  • revision A for CyanogenMOD 5.0.8-DS
  • Reverted to battery icon in screenshot (black charge indicator)
  • Spinner (loading anim) changed
  • Wifi Signal Icon tidied up
  • GPS anim altered
for CM 4.0.8-DS theme rev A - DOWNLOAD HERE & Flash from recovery.[/B] In CM508 spare parts was removed as a seperate app and integrated into the OS, this theme currently leaves you without Spare Parts, will be fixed in next update.
  • revision C for CyanogenMOD 5.0.7-DS
  • Themed framework (loads (C:battery icon tweaked))
  • Themed Gmail (some more theming (icons))
  • Themed Settings (some)
for CM 4.0.7-DS theme rev C - DOWNLOAD HERE & Flash from recovery
Screenshot is a mockup for now (hence the old date).

(theme revision goes back to A for each rom release (carrying over the changes previously made)

Quote:

old CM 4X
I want to thank those who have made a donation, I maintain the theme as best I can and update for new ROM updates as soon as I can, sometimes the workload of the day job causes some delays but I appreciate the donations from those who choose to do so, it means alot.

These screen shots are a little out of date now

feature / details requests / ideas, post them here.

Thanks particularly to drpfenderson, djengizz, AndroidAppCritic & garok89 for their help along the way, and anyone who threw in ideas that I've neglected to mention.

I've called this 'MarksTheme' because I'm Mark, and I made most of this theme.

I'm not really into the codewriting of it all, infact I rarely venture into so much as an XML, but I do like things to look nice.
I'm a fine-arts photographer by profession, a very visual person, I make and source png's and bring them together in this theme as whatever I feel looks nice.

Thanks particularly to drpfenderson maker of Enoch and EnochX which got me started

consider all releases as Beta, they are stable but may have issues

CURRENT RELEASE = 4.2.15.1 rev C
Quote:

• Previous version of basic theme - 4.2.14.1.a (100% good)
  • Optional Themed Gmail - Gmail (save it to your sd card, install it with a file explorer such as andexplorer).
  • Optional Themed Email - Email (save it to your sd card, install it with a file explorer such as andexplorer).
  • Optional Themed Market - Market (save it to your sd card, install it with a file explorer such as andexplorer).
  • Optional Themed Gtalk - Gtalk (save it to your sd card, install it with a file explorer such as andexplorer)

Quote:

Quote:

Info
  • flash the basic theme first. filename matches cyanogen rom release.
  • google apps contains theming to gmail, email and vending, reset to original HERE, filenames are my version numbers, based on Android 1.6.
  • Launcher packs contain standard and advanced launcher. filename matches cyanogen rom release (they usually work on newer releases also unless cyanogen changed something in the launcher).
  • Lockscreens can be removed by reflashing theme (usually) or reflashing ROM (always). filename matches cyanogen rom release.

Features:
  • Advanced Launcher and Standard Launcher.
  • Optimized png's throughout
  • many elements skinned
  • Themed gmail and market (optional)
  • Black, Colourful, Fast.

Quote:

Problems?
If you are asking for help, try and help yourself first.
flash a rom, make sure the rom works, flash the theme, make sure the theme works, flash extras and check that they work.
'repair ext filesystems' helps the 'stuck at G1 bootscreen' thing.
'fix_permissions' can help problems with forcecloses.
clearing caches helps with software freaking out.

• Theme problem? reflash the theme.
  • Still a problem? reflash the ROM, then the theme.
  • Bigger problem? reflash HTC 1.6, then the ROM, then the theme.
  • Big-Ass problem? Wipe, reflash HTC 1.6, then the ROM, then the theme.
  • Holy F*****g Crap? Format and repartition your SD, Wipe phone, reflash HTC 1.6, then the ROM, then the theme.
It's up to you to go out there and find out how to do these things properly.

When asking for help, people need to know,
  • Phone model and region
  • ROM name and version
  • theme name and version
  • what is the problem
  • what causes the problem to occur
  • what have you already tried that has failed to fix it

FAQ's
  • After installing it's taking forever to boot up - it can take up to 30 minutes to get past the G1 screen sometimes with a first install
  • My Gmail isn't coming in automatically - clear gmail cache and data, then reboot, usually fixes it
  • I applied the themed google apps and something isn't working - flash the standard google apps from HERE
  • It all went to crap and I didn't make a nandroid backup - then you're a muppet.
  • I've got a problem and I want you to fix it - aint happening, first thing you should do is look through this thread, or search through it, if you have no luck then look in threads for other themes for the same ROM, if that fails then put up a shout in here, maybe I can help, maybe someone smarter than me can help, maybe.
  • Can you change X? I don't like it. - short answer = no. Long answer = this theme is how I like it, I listen to all ideas and suggestions and maybe I'll change something based on that if I like the idea or enough people ask for it, thats why there are three versions of the lockscreen and no lockscreen in the basic theme, also there are a load of custom launchers. When I have the time I make pretty stuff.
  • Who the hell are you anyway? - google is your friend, it ain't hard.
  • I love your theme and want to send you money, fast cars, promiscuous women, etc - Donate link in sig.

Last edited by markvarley; 30th August 2010 at 10:06 PM.
25th October 2009, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wallpapers & Apps
Quote:

Launchers: (click the one you like, save the zip to the root of your SD card, flash in recovery (like a theme), what you see is my desktop, using my theme, the launcher is the bit right at the bottom, pack includes standard launcher and advanced launcher).

Quote:

I'm releasing two wallpaper packs of my photography.
These packs are in zip files, unzip to a suitably named folder on your SD card and then navigate to the image you want to use in your phone.

Please remember folks that this photography is how I make my living, therefore these wallpapers , photographs and the packs they are distributed in Exclusively By Me may not be re-distributed, altered, manipulated or changed in any way, nor may they be claimed or implied to be the property of or the work of anyone else.

The first wallpaper pack isn't family friendly, therefore you need to click HERE to see the index of images and HERE to download the zip
You may only do so if the laws of the country you reside in say that you are old enough to look at boobs

The second wallpaper pack is totally family friendly, the index image is shown below, and the zip can be downloaded HERE

(Yes, one of the photos in there ended up twice, I can't be bothered with changing it )

Quote:

These are a few apps that I use and like, no affiliation blah blah blah, some are free, some are paid (c'mon, they're cheap!), search for them in Android Market, in no particular order:

• CacheMate clears your cache, either when you tell it to or periodically, sweeet.
  • Pure Calendar Widget (agenda) the neatest and most configurable I've found.
  • PowerTime Widget the best chance you've got of predicting how much juice is left in your battery
  • Advanced Task Manager among it's many cool features is an auto-kill for running apps (with an ignore list), nice.
  • File Explorer (Quick Finder) for exploring your files, and, erm, quick finding them, I guess..
  • GDE - The new home experience! that cool cube homescreen thing, you know it, it's sweet dude.
  • Bettercut custom icons for your shortcuts
  • Handcent SMS (NEW) the nicest (and now very configurable and customisable) messaging app.
  • WeatherBug Elite Weather prediction is important in my work, this has sh1tloads of data
  • MyBackup Pro does what it says
  • Screenshot ditto
  • Snowstorm Weather Widget this one stands out because it'd 4x1 can 4 days or split the day into 4 periods, so the displayed weather prediction is accurate to 6 hours instead of 24 (it's gonna rain today huh? when?) see what I mean?
  • Backup for root users another backup thingy
  • Overclock Widget keep it nice and easy when the screen is off, then ramp that puppy up when you're using it!
  • Nightwatch when I plug my phone into my charger, anytime between midnight and 6am (configurable), it automatically fires up a nice bedside clock, win!
  • Sticky Memo Widget Pro I have a rubbish memory, I like notes...
  • Retro Clock Widget pretty clock widgets
  • gTasks google tasks, nice to-to list
  • Steel browser, prefer it to stock
  • Y5 Battery Saver learns where your preferred wifi is at and turns wifi off when you're not there, thus saving juice (doesn't use GPS)
  • Quickpedia wikipedia app, because I like to look clever by knowing stuff about stuff
  • Twit2go twitter client, like it.
If anyone wants to include any of their free apps with my theme, let me know and if I like it we're on, I can also be bribed with pounds stirling, guinness, chocolate muffins and naked girls.

Last edited by markvarley; 29th December 2009 at 12:50 AM.
25th October 2009, 04:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

81 posts
Really polished, but perhaps try a version with a different type of font, but great work
25th October 2009, 05:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micool_21

Really polished, but perhaps try a version with a different type of font, but great work

Thanks I'm thinking about using the android-looking font, when I've tried it out I may add it
25th October 2009, 05:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag Atlanta

155 posts
More
Beautiful, man.

Any chance of getting the Stericson lockscreen on there? That would be the clincher for me.
25th October 2009, 07:19 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by severedembrace

Beautiful, man.

Any chance of getting the Stericson lockscreen on there? That would be the clincher for me.

Done - MarksTheme-4.2.1.SL.a (includes Stericson Lockscreen) for cyanogen 4.2.1
25th October 2009, 07:26 PM   |  #7  

17 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks Mark
U know I was waiting on this to make my phone complete
Like the red in the loading bar better then the blue. The black background u had in the keyboard was better to me
Thanks for your time and hard work to make this theme
Be waiting to c what u come up with next.
25th October 2009, 08:00 PM   |  #8  
Flag Atlanta

155 posts
More
Yeah, thanks Mark!

Off to re-flash CM 4.21, then your theme.
25th October 2009, 08:39 PM   |  #9  

17 posts
Can u post a screen shot of the stericson lockscreen
Thanks
25th October 2009, 08:40 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by severedembrace

Yeah, thanks Mark!

Off to re-flash CM 4.21, then your theme.

cool, let me know what you think of it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, cyanogen, cyanogen theme, cyanogenrom, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread