How to get Flash Working in Opera

26th October 2009, 10:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Pacoima, CA
Thanks Meter: 265

2,401 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, I have seen a few people asking or commenting about no Flash support in Opera, so here you go from T-Mobile Support Forums posted by chrisrj28. Complete credit goes to him for the walkthrough as well as find the tool & aDEO who made the tool. aDEO's original thread is located HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrj28

Ok so I was browsing and reading and wondering why we cant have Flash like the HTC Hero does in Android, after a good amount of searching I found this tool created by aDEO at XDA which will automatically install and configure everything you need to run your Opera with Flash support.
With other words: No need to install Flash Lite... Yes, just Plug&Flash!

WORKS WITH
Every Opera 9.50/9.70 build, which support plugins and works with v2.1 initialization files. Also support latest 9.70 builds, which using registry instead of ini files.
You can try and share your experience with your version/build here, but for me, Opera 9.5 #16702 is the best flash-wise build (my personal preference).

REPORTED AS WORKING
Opera 9.5 builds:
1522, 1938, 1957, 2392, 2808
15233, 15529, 15613, 15746, 15750
16070, 16277, 16643, 16702, 16730, 16844, 16983
17323, 17518, 17658
Opera 9.7 builds: (w/o Turbo Speed and Widgets):
35166, 35267, 35393, 35432

HOW TO FOR DUMMIES
1. Run your Opera browser and exit it from Menu -> Exit -> OK
2. Start fixOperaFlash.exe (Download Here) from inside Opera's root folder (by default \Windows\Opera9\)
3. Follow this procedure:

Just follow the screen shots:

FACTS
If your device is not included into "UAProf Device" list, this tool probably will not succeed (depend from your ROM). Check post #4 for more info.
Backup files are with .bup extension, inside Opera's folder. They holding Opera's default settings, before applying the Patch and you can restore them back whenever you want.
Full uninstall of the changes can be made from inside About tab -> button Rollback.

FAQs
Q: Why I can't pass trough "Deploy Flash Libraries" screen?
A: Install SdkCerts.cab (Posted by SuperTrooper in another post) first, then run the tool.
-
Q: Already have SdkCerts.cab installed, but I am still on "Deploy Flash Libraries" screen. What now?
A: Uncheck "silent" and then uncheck "delete" (if appear) and try again. If you are still there, install \Windows\FlashLib.cab manually.
-
Q: Is there any alternative method for "Deploy Flash Libraries", because I can't make it?
A: From Tools menu, choose Advanced -> Flash Package -> Deploy. Restart your PPC on all cost after deployment.
-
Q: Do I have to disable Push Internet and how exactly to do this?
A: Yes, just run the tool and disable Push Internet from Tools menu. After that, restart Opera and close it from Menu -> Exit and choose OK (to close Opera).
-
Q: My Opera is closed, but still have warning about running Opera! Is there anything I can do here?
A: Yes, just run Opera and close it from Menu -> Exit and choose OK (to close Opera).
-
Q: The libraries successfully deployed, but which settings to choose?
A: Leave "Safe Mode" checked, and register IEActiveX.dll (recommended)
-
Q: I can't register that IEActiveX.dll, because of disabled [Register] button. What to do?
A: Nothing. Seams that IEActiveX.dll is already registered, but you can check it in the "Registered Flash Library" (upper part of the main form).
-
Q: Why all check boxes from INI tab are disabled?
A: Because they are auto configured by "Safe Mode" checkbox.
-
Q: Why my [Restore] and [Patch] buttons are unavailable?
A: Your Opera path is incorrect (with RED background).
-
Q: What is wrong with my Opera path? I checked it and it is absolutely correct!
A: If your path is correct, then this tool can't find at least one of these opera.ini or axobjects.ini files.
-
Q: I have installed Opera 9.5 and 9.7 and I want to keep it in that way. Is there a way to modify them?
A: Of course. Start the tool and from Opera root folder, choose 1st path and [Patch]. Repeat that step for 2nd path and restart.
-
Q: My Opera path is correct (with GREEN background), but [Restore] button is unavailable. Why?
A: Obviously, nothing to restore. Backup will be created on first [Patch] on checked INI files.
-
Q: Is there a way to uninstall all changes?
A: Yes, from About tab -> [Rollback] button.
-
Q: Do I have to soft reset my device after the patch?
A: Yes, every time when pop up appear for that!
-
Q: Does this tool work with latest Opera builds?
A: It has to, including early v9.7b1, but please share your experience.
-
Q: Does this tool works with turned on Opera's Turbo Speed Preview?
A: No, there is a reason to call it Preview.
-
Q: Does this tool works on sites like Hulu?
A: Unfortunately, not yet.

Now after running this you will notice that the zoom bar no longer works, something in this tool makes a reg edit that takes that away, all you need to do is go in and make a reg edit using Total Commander or your favorite reg tool:

[HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartTouch\Opera Browser]
"FullPath"="\Windows\Opera9.exe" In Opera 9.5 this is already there but it will look like OperaL.exe, just change the L to 9. If using Opera 9.7 you will need to create this value

Now you have working flash, I tested and it works pretty well!

T-Mo Touch Pro 2 - Mocha (Not so bad in person)
OS - Windows Mobile 6.5 TouchFlo 3d 2.5Beta
Hacks - Too many reg edits to list, suffice to say mine is better than yours...

17th March 2010, 02:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 6

218 posts
More
This (Or the original thread!) should be made a sticky!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread