Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC HD2 Stereo Headset with Music Controls RC E160

Tip us?
 
wonsanim
Old
#1  
wonsanim's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 1,336
Join Date: Jan 2007
Default HTC HD2 Stereo Headset with Music Controls RC E160

HTC HD2 Stereo Headset with Music Controls RC E160 (3.5mm,Black)

Product Code: 188898
Our Price: £12.99 (11.30 exc.) Expansys
Availability: Normally less than 5 days
We have no confirmed lead time for this item - call for more details.
Add to basket
Description
Keep your HD2 in your pocket with the HTC RC E160 Music Remote Control. The Music Remote Control lets you easily answer and make calls and play back your music by simply pressing a button. Clip the stylish Remote Control to your clothing and you have music playback and phone controls at your fingertips. Also, with the built-in FM antenna giving a signal boost, listening to FM radio stations is crystal clear (see note below).

Key Features

- The RC E160 includes 3.5mm stereo earphones or use your own!
- Voice dial support
- Last number redial support
- Volume buttons
- Music control buttons
- Play/Pause button
- Forward/Backward buttons for music playback or FM channel selection
- Phone buttons
- Send button to answer calls, call waiting switch or redial last number
- End button to end a call or use voice dial
- Mute button to silence ringtone when an incoming call comes or mute the microphone during an ongoing call
- Hold switch to lock/unlock the remote control
- Two colours: Black or white

Note: Only applies to devices with integrated FM Radio function

Technical Details
Support FM antenna function (it's compatible with HTC devices which have FM radio function)
3 switch buttons for listening to miusic and answering calls
Standard 3.5mm audio jack
Built-in Microphone featured noise reduction

Shipping Weight: 0.12kg
 
bobtastic
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2008
This is misleading as you cannot use the remote with your own head phones as stated in the key features

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsanim View Post
HTC HD2 Stereo Headset with Music Controls RC E160 (3.5mm,Black)

Product Code: 188898
Our Price: £12.99 (11.30 exc.) Expansys
Availability: Normally less than 5 days
We have no confirmed lead time for this item - call for more details.
Add to basket
Description
Keep your HD2 in your pocket with the HTC RC E160 Music Remote Control. The Music Remote Control lets you easily answer and make calls and play back your music by simply pressing a button. Clip the stylish Remote Control to your clothing and you have music playback and phone controls at your fingertips. Also, with the built-in FM antenna giving a signal boost, listening to FM radio stations is crystal clear (see note below).

Key Features

- The RC E160 includes 3.5mm stereo earphones or use your own!
- Voice dial support
- Last number redial support
- Volume buttons
- Music control buttons
- Play/Pause button
- Forward/Backward buttons for music playback or FM channel selection
- Phone buttons
- Send button to answer calls, call waiting switch or redial last number
- End button to end a call or use voice dial
- Mute button to silence ringtone when an incoming call comes or mute the microphone during an ongoing call
- Hold switch to lock/unlock the remote control
- Two colours: Black or white

Note: Only applies to devices with integrated FM Radio function

Technical Details
Support FM antenna function (it's compatible with HTC devices which have FM radio function)
3 switch buttons for listening to miusic and answering calls
Standard 3.5mm audio jack
Built-in Microphone featured noise reduction

Shipping Weight: 0.12kg
 
chrcad
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 64
Join Date: Aug 2008
Hi,

I finaly created my own headphones withsome old headphones from Sony and the RC E160

Watch the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headset fertig.jpg
Views:	2229
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	251803  
 
fards
Old
#4  
fards's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 755
Posts: 5,529
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Currently Reverse Engineering 42

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrcad View Post
Hi,

I finaly created my own headphones withsome old headphones from Sony and the RC E160

Watch the picture
so did you dismantle the control unit and solder into there, or cut the cable and splice it?
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?



Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.
 
chrcad
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 64
Join Date: Aug 2008
I dismantled the control unit...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headset löten.jpg
Views:	1501
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	251966  
 
fards
Old
#6  
fards's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 755
Posts: 5,529
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Currently Reverse Engineering 42

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrcad View Post
I dismantled the control unit...
Ok.. and much neater than mine

I managed to rip one of the buds off mine this morning (don't ask) so was forced to solder some other buds on, my soldering skills aren't as good as yours (and I don't have a fine tip on the iron)
workman<>tools etc :P


Does work a treat though, and now the earpieces don't fall out of my ears while riding to work ..
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?



Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.
 
fards
Old
(Last edited by fards; 1st December 2009 at 01:48 PM.)
#7  
fards's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 755
Posts: 5,529
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Currently Reverse Engineering 42

 
DONATE TO ME
duplicate post
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?



Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.
 
chrcad
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 64
Join Date: Aug 2008
Here a bigger / better picture....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headset löten.jpg
Views:	1095
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	252001  
 
Nheryvra
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2009
Isn't this the original headset that comes with the device ? If so how do control the volume with it ? I think i missed something there ...
 
scilor
Old
#10  
scilor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 1,230
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: @scilor.com

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nheryvra View Post
Isn't this the original headset that comes with the device ? If so how do control the volume with it ? I think i missed something there ...
Yes that is already in the package.

The fine thing is that you can put any standard 3.5mm Audio Cable in it as antena if you want to use your phone as radio without headset

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more

Android One Goes Live in India!

Android One is a Google initiative set to bring an AOSP-like experience tosome emergingmarkets like India, … more