5,597,138 Members 44,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"no service" No voice...but Data working sporatically??

Tip us?

xManMythLegend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Default "no service" No voice...but Data working sporatically??

For the last few hours my G1 has been showing me the X above the bars.
Ive tried restoring an old image...tried data wipe/reset.

All end up the same.
Selecting my network (TMOBILE) has been an adventure.
One of the following occurs

The menu itself gets stuck on airplane mode.
sim card not authorized on network
cannot connect to network

Ive rebooted numerous times even when bars/data look like theyre back , Ill make a call and it will drop the call, then right back to the X.

What compounds the oddity is that even with the X Ive gotten data to work for the most part. Sometimes it will sometimes it wont. Im extremely confused if this is my SIM card or the G1 itself.

Cus Serv online said to go to a Tmo store for a new sim. But my schedule may not allow that until Fri. I dont have any other sims or phones to swap and try either.

Any clues what this could be ?

G1/TMo/Offical Tmo Donut ROM from this forum.

r4d14n7
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Crazy data transfers could be browser cache? Very odd. I would go with what customer service says on this one.
T-Mobile G2x
CM 7.2

Nexus 7 (16GB)
Rooted Stock

"Okay, listen. We should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks - and no one's gonna ask, don't worry - but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead."
-Wheatley

axlastro
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Reflash radio

Just reflash the radio - get the official one from HTC developer site or whereever you can find it and reflash it using recovery ( I hope you have recovery 1.4 or Amon-ra recovery). You can try to take out your SIM and examine it closely, and maybe clean it a little. Just take it out and put it back. Then reflash radio and see if tat works.

xManMythLegend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Stopped short of flashing the radio.

I wiped and installed Cyn 4.19999 same issue. Rebooted , wiped..then reception came back.
Maybe it was ROM Im thinking ? Wiped restored my previous save (TMO ROM))and everythings working again except for Picmail.((which has been a reoccuring problem)).

Tmo says to go pick up a new Sim card to see if it helps. I guess theres no harm in doing that right ?

Ive never flashed the radio since Cyn and The Tmo ROM dont require it. So its still on stock. Would the pic mail being sproatic before and after this be a Radio problem as well ?
AdrianK Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOF33 View Post
Stopped short of flashing the radio.

I wiped and installed Cyn 4.19999 same issue. Rebooted , wiped..then reception came back.
Maybe it was ROM Im thinking ? Wiped restored my previous save (TMO ROM))and everythings working again except for Picmail.((which has been a reoccuring problem)).

Tmo says to go pick up a new Sim card to see if it helps. I guess theres no harm in doing that right ?

Ive never flashed the radio since Cyn and The Tmo ROM dont require it. So its still on stock. Would the pic mail being sproatic before and after this be a Radio problem as well ?
What do you mean by "Picmail"? Do you mean MMS or is that an app?

xManMythLegend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
What do you mean by "Picmail"? Do you mean MMS or is that an app?
Yes , PicMail=MMS

Its been buggy for me for awhile.

Im wondering if all this is some wonky Simcard.

garz
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Dont stress it. It happened to me yesturday for about a couple of hours. I think TMOB is workin out some signal issues. I had the same exact problem along with 10 of my fellow network friends. No rom bugs or flash fcuk ups. It'll restore it self normally unless you truely did it to your self while flashing.

xManMythLegend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Could very well be.

Thanks Garz.