Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Windows Mobile Unlock Screen

OP sklinger

30th October 2009, 02:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

82 posts
More
Do any of you who are more smart than me (all of you,) know of a .cab with the standard winmo 6.5 lock screen? The ROM I am running overwrites it with a more bland looking screen. Thanks for any and all help.
30th October 2009, 02:26 AM   |  #2  

742 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sklinger

Do any of you who are more smart than me (all of you,) know of a .cab with the standard winmo 6.5 lock screen? The ROM I am running overwrites it with a more bland looking screen. Thanks for any and all help.

Do you have the htc version of the lockscreen? Or is it the old style ulock softkey and then ugly old style unlock button..?

dwizzy130
30th October 2009, 02:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

82 posts
More
The HTC, I believe. It has a white and black color scheme with rows of square number and a large rectangular unlock button. It's not the classic style with the rounded buttons, owner info, and softkey unlock.

I would like the rounded buttons with the contacts and mail shortcuts in the row of the unlock button.
30th October 2009, 03:02 AM   |  #4  

742 posts
Quote:

The HTC, I believe. It has a white and black color scheme with rows of square number and a large rectangular unlock button. It's not the classic style with the rounded buttons, owner info, and softkey unlock.

I would like the rounded buttons with the contacts and mail shortcuts in the row of the unlock button.

Ok sweet. I have a fix for that. Install and soft reset.

dwizzy130
30th October 2009, 03:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130

Ok sweet. I have a fix for that. Install and soft reset.

dwizzy130

Shoot... Installed and both "Classic" and "Default" look like "Classic" now. I wonder if I borked things up when I installed and then uninstalled Dusk_6.5_Lockscreen_v3.0.CAB in an attempt to get something closer to the look of the "Default".

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530981
24th November 2009, 06:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

82 posts
More
Fix!
It appears that NRG uses a registry key to redirect the lockscreen to C:\Windows\Lockscreen as opposed to the default (or I think default) C:\Windows

Restore Lock Screen - HKLM\Security\Shell\Lock\CustomLockScreensPath set to \Windows

Restarted my device and I had the old lockscreen keypad back as opposed to the HTC Leo keypad.
10th June 2010, 09:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
OMG! Spent hours trying to get my lock screen back to normal and I was ready to do a hard reset. Followed all the above worked and love having the slider lock back.
I too tried using one of the Dusk themes and it messed up some of my settings (and never worked for me). Cannot get it all uninstalled either - irritating!
Many thanks!
17th June 2010, 03:45 PM   |  #8  
Flag topeka
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
Quote:

It appears that NRG uses a registry key to redirect the lockscreen to C:\Windows\Lockscreen as opposed to the default (or I think default) C:\Windows

Restore Lock Screen - HKLM\Security\Shell\Lock\CustomLockScreensPath set to \Windows

Restarted my device and I had the old lockscreen keypad back as opposed to the HTC Leo keypad.

can i use that path to change my lockscreen background? i'm using the dusk 6.5 lockscreen 3.0 too but want it over a different background than my dusk ga wallpaper. have tried changing the stwater cpr. but that changes the wallpaper too.
17th June 2010, 06:08 PM   |  #9  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 242

3,305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130

Do you have the htc version of the lockscreen? Or is it the old style ulock softkey and then ugly old style unlock button..?

dwizzy130

For those of us NOT using Sense 2.x, the old style screen makes some sense, because it shows the home screen - which has plugins showing information even while locked.

Having said that, I am still using the newer "slider" unlock with my SPB Pocket Plus.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lock, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread