Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Mobile Unlock Screen

Tip us?

sklinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question Windows Mobile Unlock Screen

Do any of you who are more smart than me (all of you,) know of a .cab with the standard winmo 6.5 lock screen? The ROM I am running overwrites it with a more bland looking screen. Thanks for any and all help.

dwizzy130
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sklinger View Post
Do any of you who are more smart than me (all of you,) know of a .cab with the standard winmo 6.5 lock screen? The ROM I am running overwrites it with a more bland looking screen. Thanks for any and all help.
Do you have the htc version of the lockscreen? Or is it the old style ulock softkey and then ugly old style unlock button..?

dwizzy130

sklinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
The HTC, I believe. It has a white and black color scheme with rows of square number and a large rectangular unlock button. It's not the classic style with the rounded buttons, owner info, and softkey unlock.

I would like the rounded buttons with the contacts and mail shortcuts in the row of the unlock button.

dwizzy130
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
The HTC, I believe. It has a white and black color scheme with rows of square number and a large rectangular unlock button. It's not the classic style with the rounded buttons, owner info, and softkey unlock.

I would like the rounded buttons with the contacts and mail shortcuts in the row of the unlock button.
Ok sweet. I have a fix for that. Install and soft reset.

dwizzy130

sklinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Ok sweet. I have a fix for that. Install and soft reset.

dwizzy130
Shoot... Installed and both "Classic" and "Default" look like "Classic" now. I wonder if I borked things up when I installed and then uninstalled Dusk_6.5_Lockscreen_v3.0.CAB in an attempt to get something closer to the look of the "Default".

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530981

sklinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Fix!

It appears that NRG uses a registry key to redirect the lockscreen to C:\Windows\Lockscreen as opposed to the default (or I think default) C:\Windows

Restore Lock Screen - HKLM\Security\Shell\Lock\CustomLockScreensPath set to \Windows

Restarted my device and I had the old lockscreen keypad back as opposed to the HTC Leo keypad.

bnakid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OMG! Spent hours trying to get my lock screen back to normal and I was ready to do a hard reset. Followed all the above worked and love having the slider lock back.
I too tried using one of the Dusk themes and it messed up some of my settings (and never worked for me). Cannot get it all uninstalled either - irritating!
Many thanks!

snig72
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It appears that NRG uses a registry key to redirect the lockscreen to C:\Windows\Lockscreen as opposed to the default (or I think default) C:\Windows

Restore Lock Screen - HKLM\Security\Shell\Lock\CustomLockScreensPath set to \Windows

Restarted my device and I had the old lockscreen keypad back as opposed to the HTC Leo keypad.
can i use that path to change my lockscreen background? i'm using the dusk 6.5 lockscreen 3.0 too but want it over a different background than my dusk ga wallpaper. have tried changing the stwater cpr. but that changes the wallpaper too.

stevedebi
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Do you have the htc version of the lockscreen? Or is it the old style ulock softkey and then ugly old style unlock button..?

dwizzy130
For those of us NOT using Sense 2.x, the old style screen makes some sense, because it shows the home screen - which has plugins showing information even while locked.

Having said that, I am still using the newer "slider" unlock with my SPB Pocket Plus.
Phone: HTC One M8 T-Mobile, Stock ROM KitKat
Tablets: Lenovo IdeaPad A2019 9" Tablet / ICS | Dell Venue 7" Tablet / JB
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite T925u / Windows 8.1
Former Phones: Ericsson T-28, Ericsson R600 World, T-Mobile Windows Phone, HP 6310, Sony-Ericsson M600, HTC Pharos, Asus P527, HTC Tilt2, HTC HD2, HTC Amaze, HTC M7

Tags
lock, unlock