Ask a question

No registration required

RhodiumW Hard-SPL Release

OP OliNex

31st October 2009, 02:52 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Out of luck until???
And if I don't have internet on my computer, due to tethering from phone am I out of luck until I find wifi?
31st October 2009, 03:56 PM   |  #22  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 4

44 posts
More
cant get it to work
ok ive tried both automatic and manual made
in automatic it says ive already unlocked it b4 when ive never done it
in manual mode the ruu unlocker starts to run but get stuck at the the 0% mark
i have been connected to the internet too, have had activesync connection, im coming from an ex-vogue user so i would have never used cmoxex unlocker b4
31st October 2009, 06:03 PM   |  #23  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5

177 posts
More
so does this mean I can install the roms that were developped for GSM tp2's? What about carrier cabs (last time I did this it was for my p4000) do they already exist for telus for the tp2?

thanks!
31st October 2009, 07:52 PM   |  #24  
Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Flag In your SIM slot
Thanks Meter: 39

1,460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienrl

so does this mean I can install the roms that were developped for GSM tp2's? What about carrier cabs (last time I did this it was for my p4000) do they already exist for telus for the tp2?

thanks!

No, this doesn't allow installation of GSM ROMs on your CDMA device. This allows for any cooked CDMA ROM to now be flashable on your device, rather than being stuck with your carrier's ROM.
31st October 2009, 07:55 PM   |  #25  
Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Flag In your SIM slot
Thanks Meter: 39

1,460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2sas

And if I don't have internet on my computer, due to tethering from phone am I out of luck until I find wifi?

Unfortunately, you'll need to get some sort of internet connection other than your tethered phone for this to work.
31st October 2009, 09:05 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 16

133 posts
Quote:

NOTE 3: anyone having USB problems with the device after it already entered SSPL mode, please copy SSPL-Manual-Rhodium.exe from SSPL-Manual-RhodiumW.zip (available on our site), copy it to the device and run it. then once the screen has gone black, run the Hard-SPL package on the PC and you must select Manual flash option. *important*: make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual method.

Where is the manual file? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.
31st October 2009, 09:10 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 25

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savaytse66

I posted this at PPCGeeks also, but here is a problem I am having while trying to unlock in Windows 7 x64 using WMDC.

1. Ran the .exe
2. Screen pops up "Preparing to flash, press ok to wait. I press ok.
3. The screen goes black (like it's supposed to), Active Sync DISCONNECTS, and a box pops up: "Welcome to the ROM update utility...". I check the box "I understand the caution..." and click next.
4. The next box pops up "Follow the instructions..." and I check the box "I completed the steps..."
5. A box pops up: "Verifying the information on your PDA phone...please wait..."
6. About 30 seconds go by, and an error box pops up: Error [260]: Connection...
7. The screen remains black and the phone non-functional. I have to soft-reset the device at this point.

When I soft-reset in #7 above, the computer dink-donks like when you disconnect the UBS cable, so there's still some sort of connection the PC is recognizing. I tried a second time after installing the enablerapinew.cab (using auto mode) and got the exact same errors.

Any thoughts?

I'm in the same boat. I followed all the instructions but phone freezes connected in either activesync mode and bootloader mode both manual and auto.
31st October 2009, 09:29 PM   |  #28  

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blad3

I'm in the same boat. I followed all the instructions but phone freezes connected in either activesync mode and bootloader mode both manual and auto.

Where did you find the manual file to put on the phone? The post says it's on their website but I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks.
31st October 2009, 09:49 PM   |  #29  

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blad3

Ok, got it to work.

I rebooted my computer

Reran the unlocker

When the phone screen shut off my computer started installing the HTC USB.....

Let this completely install before you do anything else.

Now follow the prompts on the unlocker and it works.

Thank you very much.
31st October 2009, 10:08 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I found internet! And I unlocked! THANK YOU!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread