Reliable way to stay connected to skype and GTalk

OP venezia64

3rd November 2009, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

50 posts
Hi all,

In the next few days, I will order my new phone. It will be the N900 or the HD2.
Living permanently in a foreign country with my girlfriend in my home country, I need to stay connected to Skype and Gtalk 24/7 without app crash.
The N900 handles the 2 im systems natively and is very stable according to first testers.
I know that skype exists for winmo 6.5 devices but as I never owned a WinMo phone before I need your feedback about the reliability of the skype app on WinMo before making my decision.
Concerning GTalk, does the HD2 support it natively or, if not, is there a great (free or paying) app in order to stay connected to the google im service.

Regards,

Arnaud
4th November 2009, 12:57 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

223 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venezia64

Hi all,

In the next few days, I will order my new phone. It will be the N900 or the HD2.
Living permanently in a foreign country with my girlfriend in my home country, I need to stay connected to Skype and Gtalk 24/7 without app crash.
The N900 handles the 2 im systems natively and is very stable according to first testers.
I know that skype exists for winmo 6.5 devices but as I never owned a WinMo phone before I need your feedback about the reliability of the skype app on WinMo before making my decision.
Concerning GTalk, does the HD2 support it natively or, if not, is there a great (free or paying) app in order to stay connected to the google im service.

Regards,

Arnaud

if you are not worried about the N900, you don't have to worry about HD2. WinMO definitely has tons of more applications available and it is kinda funny that you are comparing WinMO to a device that has such a new platform which doesn't have any third party apps yet. Try IMPlus, it has everything you wanna to connect and chat. You need to pay for it, but it is worthed every pennies.
Last edited by precsmo; 4th November 2009 at 01:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread