[APP] TorchButton v2.3, using camera LED as flashlight [UPDATED Dec 8]
Continuing my quest of using the LED as flashlight
for my new HD2, I updated TorchButton to support the HD2 as well.
Dropped your keys? Finding something behind the bench? Performing surgery on a computer and need to find that jumper on the mainboard?
This is a simple application built for some HTC devices that have a hardware LED, normally used to take pictures in the dark. However I found the LED to be perfect to be used as a handy pocket flashlight.
There is no GUI for this application. Just start TorchButton to enable the LED on the back of your device. Start TorchButton again to turn it off.
Check out the readme if you're an advanced user and wish to change some registry settings, i.e. to allow a longer maximum time the LED is enabled.
- [Fixed] New icons are not working when TorchButton is installed to Storage Card
- Create an app to configure the registry settings
- See if support for Omnia Pro (B7610) is feasible (someone should send me the related dlls...)
- [Done] Add a seperate timeout for bright mode
- [Done] Add blink mode with bright led
- [Done] Use new icons provided by tnyynt
- [Done] Add support for Omnia (the one found here)
- [Impossible] See if it's possible to control leds seperately ('economic mode')
Sorry, this is not possible. (Tech-talk: setting a single GPIO enables both LEDs. There doesn't seem to be a GPIO for each LED seperately.)
- Camera app to interpret the morse
- Fix icons not showing in HTC Sense or WM 6.5 start menu when installed to Storage Card.
- New icons for all TorchButton apps (thanks tnyynt!). These only work in WM6.5 and up. Older OS's will still see the old icons.
- Added registry setting to use bright setting in blink mode (see BlinkUsesBrightMode).
- Bright mode now has a seperate timeout, configurable in registry (see BrightModeTimeout).
- Added support for Samsung Omnia i9x0 devices (hopefully they all work). Thanks to raph/zemrwhite2/PaSSoA
. Thanks to Chainfire for testing on his Omnia i900L.
-  Shortcut names have changed. I found them nicer this way, no two-line icons. And the text is now also not cut-off when added as shortcut in the home screen.
-  Improved handling of bright mode. It should stop immediately now when pressed again, instead of waiting for a 500ms interval. This makes BlinkUsesBrightMode possible combined with low intervals for blink mode.
-  Soft-reset your phone after upgrading from an older version! Else the new icons will not show.
- Bright mode is now support on the HTC HD2 (Leo).
- Added a one-time warning message when bright mode is used for the first time.
- Initial version with support for the HTC HD2 (Leo) (bright mode is not supported on the Leo)
- Support for the Touch Pro