5,597,138 Members 43,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] NaviComputer – Offline GPS Mapping Software [UPDATE v0.96 - 2011-06-23]

Tip us?

NaviComputer
Old
(Last edited by NaviComputer; 25th June 2011 at 09:02 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Arrow [APP] NaviComputer – Offline GPS Mapping Software [UPDATE v0.96 - 2011-06-23]

Remark: Please do not upload or mirror this software on any other websites or servers without my explicit permission. Thanks.

NaviComputer v0.96

NaviComputer is a GPS mapping and offroad navigation/tracking software designed for windows mobile devices.

What makes NaviComputer outstanding is the ability to view maps offline, so there is no need for internet connection or dataplan when you are on a trip.
Maps can be easily downloaded from various online map sources like OpenStreetMap either with the bundled PC software “NaviMapper” or directly with NaviComputer on the mobile device. Maps are saved as single, easy to handle and space-saving files.

NaviComputer also allows you to track your movement, display information such as distance travelled, speed or elevation profile and save your tracks in the common gpx format. Gpx-files with tracks, routes and waypoints / POI can be imported as well, so for example you can follow imported tracks on the map.

With these features, NaviComputer is the perfect solution for all kinds of outdoor sports, adventurers, city sightseeing trips etc.

Features:
- Offline map navigation without internet connection/dataplan
- Easy map download from online mapsources like OpenStreetMap
- Finger friendly and fluid user interface
- Track recording with statistics like time, distance, average speed and elevation profile
- GPS Compass view
- Conform to the common gpx file format (import and export)
- Multilingual userinterface (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch)

Device Requirements:
- Windows Mobile 6 operating system
- WVGA, VGA, QWVGA or QVGA touch display
- .NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed
- GPS receiver (internal gps receiver recommended, but external receivers may work as well)

PC Requirements:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS
- .NET Framework 3.5 installed
- Internet access
- Active Sync (for installation) recommended

Installation:
Connect your device to Active Sync and run the .exe installer
This will install NaviComputer on your device and NaviMapper on your PC.
If you cannot use activesync, you will find the CAB in your program directory after running the setup.

Download
Download link as well as further information, blog and changelog can be found on the new
NaviComputer Website.

ChangeLog
Complete changelog as well as a short introduction video to version 0.90 can be viewed in the
NaviComputer Blog.

Support Development

NaviComputer is free to use for everyone. However, I have spent a lot of time and effort for development and I’m going to spend a lot of time in future for further development and improvements.

If you like this software and use it regularly, please donate to support further development and encouragement.

After donating any amount (just donate what you can afford or what you think is adequate) you will get a personal license file via email. The donation hint which comes up after regular use on startup every now and then, won’t come up again then. You will also get subscribed to NaviComputer Newsletter which will inform you about updates and new releases.

Paypal links:
Donate €
Donate $
If you can’t use Paypal, please send me an Email

Thanks for your support!
Offline mapping and tracking for windows mobile and Windows Phone:
NaviComputer.com

If you like my work, please support further development and encouragement by offering me a beer (€). (donate USD by clicking here)
The Following User Says Thank You to NaviComputer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NaviComputer
Old
(Last edited by NaviComputer; 30th December 2009 at 06:23 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
FAQ

FAQ section as well as a blog with further information can be found on the new
NaviComputer website
NaviComputer.com

If you like my work, please support further development and encouragement by offering me a beer (€). (donate USD by clicking here)

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 105
This program looks great!

Will there be any prepackaged maps for download? For Example, Canada, New York, London, Paris, France?

tommyboy83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great Tool, I like it really.

But some time the PC-Tool crash. After the next crash I will post the message.

@Maedhros
I think this is not easy, because the file for a whole country with every zoom level is a fat file (many GB great).

@NaviComputer
A great feature is a map update over the Smartphone (3G, WLAN, ...), or a auto download for missing tiles.

the0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 51
looks finger friendly... thanks for this
---

Windows Phone Apps || Windows Phone Games --- want to review apps and game for windows phone and get paid for it ? Get it touch

---

lg-incite
Old
Thanks Meter 0
crash all the time...

hobbbbit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unfortunately the desktop software doesn't even want to start on Windows 7 x64:( The process starts up, but UI never shows up:(

P.S. Be careful with Google maps, caching their maps is against user agreement. Microsoft, however, allows it to some extend (though you have to get a Virtual Earth dev. license).

baahhh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Very nice job, thanks for the hard work!

tommyboy83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
here idea for a new feature.
A merge feature for the PC-Tool. So it is easy to download some segments and merge to one layer. I think this is not a great problem for the sqlite-DB that you are using as single file store, or?

NaviComputer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Will there be any prepackaged maps for download? For Example, Canada, New York, London, Paris, France?
I have downloaded maps of several European cities such as Rome, Valencia, Hamburg, Cannes,... all about 5-10MB. I usually use zoomlevels 10-15 for cities. Anyway, downloading your own maps only takes a few minutes (if you have broadband internet connection)

Quote:
But some time the PC-Tool crash. After the next crash I will post the message.
yes, please post message and how to reproduce.

Quote:
crash all the time...
Could you please be more precise about that?

Quote:
Unfortunately the desktop software doesn't even want to start on Windows 7 x64:( The process starts up, but UI never shows up:(
Can anybody confirm this? Unfortunatelly I don't have Windows 7 to test it.

Quote:
P.S. Be careful with Google maps, caching their maps is against user agreement. Microsoft, however, allows it to some extend (though you have to get a Virtual Earth dev. license).
Thanks for that hint. Should I stop offering the PC Tool for download here? What else can I do to eliminate my responsibilty?

Quote:
here idea for a new feature.
A merge feature for the PC-Tool. So it is easy to download some segments and merge to one layer. I think this is not a great problem for the sqlite-DB that you are using as single file store, or?
Thanks for that idea. Indeed I will put that on my todo list. The PC Tool will need some work to be done anyway (also stability issues ...)
NaviComputer.com

Tags
application, bluetooth, gps, map, polaris