Jaxbot's Windows Phone 7 theme 2.0.0 for the HTC HD2 [Stand-alone/complete rewrite]

OP Jaxbot

8th October 2010, 03:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 548

1,224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello! It's been a while, I know, but hopefully this will be well-worth the wait:
Introducing...Jaxbot's Windows Phone 7 Theme for the HTC HD2, version 2.0.0!
For those who are not aware, this is a complete rewrite of the very first Windows Phone 7 theme for Windows Mobile, which you can find here.
You may be wondering, what makes this different from the other Windows Phone 7 themes out there? While the other themes may be better as far as eye-candy goes, my theme is completely stand-alone application, meaning PointUI/WAD2/etc isn't required. Secondly, my application is designed to not only look like Windows Phone 7, but also function like it. Check out the video below for more details

Since this is a complete rewrite, several things have changed from the previous version. In fact, too many things for a complete changelog. So let's cut to the chase...

Features
  • Smooth Kinetic scrolling
  • Facebook integration
  • Pictures hub, Office hub, People hub, and Me hub
  • Based off of the WP7 design
  • Dynamic, movable tiles
  • Pin contacts, websites, and hubs to your start screen
  • Smooth, drop down lock screen
  • WP7 themed text notifications
  • ...and more

Screenshot 2:

Instructions
Download the cab file from the site at the bottom of this thread.
Install it onto your device, and (if desired) disable HTC Sense. This will give you some more performance and should help fix a few HTC Messaging bugs.
Customize the tiles as desired

To customize the tiles, hold down on a tile you which to move/remove. To add a tile, hold down on a blank spot on the homescreen.
To add a start menu item, hold down on a blank spot on the start menu.

Facebook

If you wish to use Facebook integration, go to the launcher to the right, click Settings, and check "Facebook". Then press Close app and re-run the program.

Known issues
Facebook sometimes asks for the password twice. Trust me, it's the APIs fault, not mine. The application never sees your password.
...Probably some more soon. Let me know.

Upcoming features
More hubs
Integration with Twitter, Flickr, etc.
...Give me suggestions!

Video
Video of the theme in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iELNrSq1Q_M

Download: http://windowsphonehacker.com/wp7theme.php

Games icons thanks to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=642831
Last edited by Jaxbot; 8th October 2010 at 03:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxbot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2010, 03:15 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer

1,224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Important note! If you are running a non-English rom, you will need to edit \Wp7Theme\wp7_start_path.txt to wherever your Start Menu programs list is, for example, \Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
If you don't, you won't be able to add any programs to the start list.
Last edited by Jaxbot; 15th October 2010 at 10:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxbot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2010, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

52 posts
More
It works on HTC Tilt 2
8th October 2010, 05:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Texas

5 posts
More
Talking
Great work, it's the best I have seen so far. Think about customising after the important stuff, like color schemes. Will report back later. Keep it up I look forward to your future progress.

Phone:
HTC HD2 Leo TmobileUS
CHT2.0 beta
Cookies home tab 2.0 beta
8th October 2010, 07:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Alhambra, California

67 posts
More
it looked really nice
but only ran once..
then when i restarted my phone, it would load then just stop
8th October 2010, 08:58 AM   |  #6  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 4

174 posts
More
Thank you for that.
But I've installed it on my HD2 (Goatrip 5.9 - WM 23139, german ROM) and I had to move the program folder from "Programme" to "program files" to get it working.
It's possible to start it from there but it will crash whenever you try to add a program in one of the hubs... (program path.... blah, blah) :(
So I think it will work fine on english ROMs only.
8th October 2010, 10:51 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer

1,224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRho

Thank you for that.
But I've installed it on my HD2 (Goatrip 5.9 - WM 23139, german ROM) and I had to move the program folder from "Programme" to "program files" to get it working.
It's possible to start it from there but it will crash whenever you try to add a program in one of the hubs... (program path.... blah, blah) :(
So I think it will work fine on english ROMs only.

Yes, the program has to be installed into Program Files only, so non-English roms may have some issues. I'll try to find a solution for this, stay tuned
8th October 2010, 10:54 AM   |  #8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 56

456 posts
More
Jaxbot,

Nice to see the final release I haven't had much time to play around with it yet - but I will

A couple of problems:
  • Sometimes clicking the right arrow will just bring up a blank page i.e. the all programs/settings etc menu does not drop down (maybe a resources problem)
  • This build appears to not have the pictures hub - your last beta build had a page much like WP7, this release seems to only bring up my Camera Shots album - EDIT: Ah. I see that the pictures "hub" only works when signed in with Facebook. Intentional?
  • I see in your screenshots, that your Pictures tile is customizable - mine isn't...

Oh and it is probably advisable to save this program to your device and not the storage card for performance!
Last edited by Casey_boy; 8th October 2010 at 11:16 AM.
8th October 2010, 11:16 AM   |  #9  
OP Recognized Developer

1,224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_boy

Jaxbot,

Nice to see the final release I haven't had much time to play around with it yet - but I will

A couple of problems:

• Sometimes clicking the right arrow will just bring up a blank page i.e. the all programs/settings etc menu does not drop down (maybe a resources problem)
  • This build appears to not have the pictures hub - your last beta build had a page much like WP7, this release seems to only bring up my Camera Shots album
  • I see in your screenshots, that your Pictures tile is customizable - mine isn't...

Oh and it is probably advisable to save this program to your device and not the storage card for performance!

To address some:
1) Try flicking down/up with your finger, sometimes the physics engine will push the tiles out of view. If not, it's back to the code with me
2) The pictures hub is only enabled when Facebook is enabled, and later with Flickr/etc. The HD2's pictures are in a resolution that can't actually be loaded by the .NET framework (anyone care to help?), so without service integration, it will just take you right into the HTC Album program.

3) The tile displays the background of the Pictures hub when Facebook is enabled, which is typically your most-recent upload. Once Flickr/etc is added, this will probably make more sense.

Also...if any .NET developers have figured out a way around the OutOfMemoryException when loading the HD2's photos, do let me know
8th October 2010, 03:07 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

53 posts
Hello,

I'm downloading it now and testing on Miri's Standard lite v23 ROM. Will let you know how it feels

Edit-Just tested. Here are my first impressions

1) The people tile is very laggy when scrolling for contacts.
2) Text tile pulled up an error "The following program failed to launch: Argument: messaging_client.exe", I guess your program depends on the HTC Messaging client, which I dislike.
3) Pictures tile pulled up a similar error with "Argument: HUB_PICTURES"
4) SIP Input icon disappeared when I switched input from Keyboard to Swype when adding new icon and entering label. I head to restart WP7 theme to see it again.
5) When I added a contact with picture profile and email and address to the main screen, there's only a blue square, and when and I tap on the tile, i can only choose to call or send text to the mobile number.
6) I accidently clicked on the trash can and then on the settings icon, and I can't exit the program.
7) Adding a new program after using a big SIP (like HTC EZ Input or Swype) makes it hard to select an icon because of (4)
8) Moving the tiles is a bit of a chore

Aside from the contacts thing I mentioned, lag is minimal and quite acceptable, speed is not an issue on the HD2.

Looking forward to more improvements and a new release
Last edited by UranusHertz; 8th October 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread