[APP] SMSTimestampFixer (Fixes SMS order problem) [v.1.3.1 - 28 April 2010]
This aims to fix the problem that occur when you use threaded messaging mode, that is sometimes the sms's appearing in the wrong order.
This problem is due to the fact that HTC Messaging app uses the device time to stamp on a send SMS and uses the server (service provider) time in received SMS and then uses that time to show and order the SMS in the thread mode (I'm not sure if native windows mobile app has this problem too). So if your device time is not in "perfect" sync with the server time sometimes, since the server could be late in comparison to your device, the messages will appear in a wrong order.
What this fix does:
When a new message arrives, this fix replaces the message time (that comes from the server time) with the device time and this way they will always show in the order they have arrived.
Also, every time that the device time is more than 1 minute different from the SMS original time, it will show the original SMS time between "[ ]" before the SMS text to let you know that it was sent some time ago.
This could be usefull if someone sends you a message and it does not arrive at that moment because your device was off (for example), you will see the time at when the sms arrived and not the one at when it was sent.
It will also show the date if the message was sent more than 24 hours ago.
Since this is a .dll that integrates with the winmo messaging process/service it will not eat your resources constantly.
I've been using this in my HD2 and having no problem so far.
Please report any problems that you find and fell free to suggest improvements.
A reboot after install
may be necessary.
Procedure to test if it is working:
1 - Before installing you can increase the time in your device for 5 minutes;
2 - Send and SMS to yourself from the same device. You will see that the sent SMS will appear after the received one;
3 - Delete both SMS.
3 - Install this fix;
4 - With the time still 5 minutes ahead of the real time, send another SMS to yourself from the same device. This time it should appear in the right order and show the server time in the beggining of the SMS like: "[13:50:30] ....".
5 - Don't forget to put the time back to normal..
- 1.1 [07 April 2010]
- 1.2 [08 April 2010]
- Corrected the method used to find if it should show only time or also date in SMS text;
- This new .cab ensures that the files are completely removed.
- 1.3 [26 April 2010]
- Added configuration tool "SMSTimestampFixerCfg". Options:
- Show/Hide original timestamp, the one between brackets;
- Set the time difference that defines when to show the original timestamp;
- Set the position where the original timestamp should appear.
- The SMSTimestampFixerCfg application icon is not correct, I'll fix that in a next version.
- 1.3.1 [28 April 2010]
- Fixed bug that was making version 1.3 useless (not reading the settings correctly).
- 1.3.2 [10 April 2011]
- Removed extra space from "[ hh:mm:ss]".
- "Show original timestamp": Enable or disable showing the original (service provider) timestamp between brackets in SMS text;
- "Show if difference is bigger than": The original timestamp will only appear if the difference between your device's time and service provider's time is greater than the value specified here. This setting only takes effect if "Show original timestamp" is selected;
- "Position": Defines if the original timestamp should appear before (beggining) or after (end) the SMS text.This setting only takes effect if "Show original timestamp" is selected.
You need to press the "Apply
" button to apply settings. There should be a message box informing that the settings where applied. If the settings are not applied, do a soft reset.
ATTENTION: You should always remove the previous version and soft reset before installing a new one. When installing a version greater than 1.3 it should show a message with "SMSTimestampFixer XXX sucessfully registered" where XXX is the version number. If it does not show the correct version you should remove the application, soft reset and reinstall it.
* If you found this usefull please press the THANKS button. Also, if you want to buy me a coffee please donate *