Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to tell if apps are on sd card

Tip us?

nelson8403
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by notrock View Post
Same here. But I just hard reset and my apps came back and I was at 140. But now when I add more apps it still goes down. Now I'm at 135.
Just because the apps are installed to the SD card doesn't mean they don't store things on the phone.. cache is stored on the phones, theres a /data/data folder on the phone that the apps populate as well, it just doesn't take AS MUCH space on your phone as a non appstosd

also to make sure your apps are working go into your adb shell, type in

Code:
cd /data/app
pwd

cd /data/app-private
pwd
What this will do is go to your /data/app folder and because with appstosd that is a symbolic link to /system/sd/app the PWD (present working directory) will display /system/sd/app, if PWD shows /data/app you are not running appstosd

jonnythan
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel556 View Post
Apps installed to the SD card reside in /system/sd/app and /system/sd/app-private. You may browse those directories to see which applications have been migrated. As ajones7279 said, you don't need to download AppsToSD if you are using the Modaco rom.

If you would like to move an application from the sd card back to internal memory, the steps to do so are in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512743.
Can you be a little more specific about where in the thread? It's a long one and I didn't see anything on the first page.

ajones7279
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Great post Nelson.

06ms6
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson8403 View Post
Just because the apps are installed to the SD card doesn't mean they don't store things on the phone.. cache is stored on the phones, theres a /data/data folder on the phone that the apps populate as well, it just doesn't take AS MUCH space on your phone as a non appstosd

also to make sure your apps are working go into your adb shell, type in

Code:
cd /data/app
pwd

cd /data/app-private
pwd
What this will do is go to your /data/app folder and because with appstosd that is a symbolic link to /system/sd/app the PWD (present working directory) will display /system/sd/app, if PWD shows /data/app you are not running appstosd
Just tested this and I am not running apps2sd I probably need to try to format my SD card again, I made did the dual partition from the recovery menu, but this was after I flashed MoDaCo's ROM...that's probably why!

Should I partition, then reflash the ROM?

ajones7279
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Yep.

Take.this.10.character.post.limit.ha!

diesel556
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Can you be a little more specific about where in the thread? It's a long one and I didn't see anything on the first page.
Yep. The answer is in the first post . I'm not sure what directory to us in place of "/system/intmem/app", maybe "/data/app"?

Code:
su
cp /system/sd/app/[the app you want to move] /system/intmem/app/
rm /system/sd/app/[the app you want to move]
(taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512743)

esoteric1311
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson8403 View Post

Thanks a ton. Wasn't sure if mine was working properly, but low and behold my out put is as you said. Apps2SD is working for me.

koolhand79
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It appears apps2sd is working properly for me. But i still only have 68mb's available on my internal memory. WHAT GIVES??
on an EPIC journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STILLSPRINTIN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitmanr2003 View Post
i rooted and went to modaco. also in the recovery mode i put create fat32 ext2 and swap particion. but i dont think my apps are on my sd card. i download app2sd and used it and it doesnt confirm that it did anything. i check im internal memory on phone and it is always 144mb or 145mb even after insalling around 20 apps. but when i unmount my sd card all apps still work.
I have this rom and rooted the phone, If i create a fat32 ext2 and swap partition in recovery mode, will everything on my sd card get erased?

kayawire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLSPRINTIN View Post
I have this rom and rooted the phone, If i create a fat32 ext2 and swap partition in recovery mode, will everything on my sd card get erased?
Yes, backup the contents of your sdcard to your computer first!