Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to tell if apps are on sd card

OP pitmanr2003

11th November 2009, 04:36 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

159 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notrock

Same here. But I just hard reset and my apps came back and I was at 140. But now when I add more apps it still goes down. Now I'm at 135.

Just because the apps are installed to the SD card doesn't mean they don't store things on the phone.. cache is stored on the phones, theres a /data/data folder on the phone that the apps populate as well, it just doesn't take AS MUCH space on your phone as a non appstosd

also to make sure your apps are working go into your adb shell, type in

Code:
cd /data/app
pwd

cd /data/app-private
pwd
What this will do is go to your /data/app folder and because with appstosd that is a symbolic link to /system/sd/app the PWD (present working directory) will display /system/sd/app, if PWD shows /data/app you are not running appstosd
11th November 2009, 04:44 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 79

1,121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel556

Apps installed to the SD card reside in /system/sd/app and /system/sd/app-private. You may browse those directories to see which applications have been migrated. As ajones7279 said, you don't need to download AppsToSD if you are using the Modaco rom.

If you would like to move an application from the sd card back to internal memory, the steps to do so are in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512743.

Can you be a little more specific about where in the thread? It's a long one and I didn't see anything on the first page.
11th November 2009, 05:14 AM   |  #13  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 32

670 posts
More
Great post Nelson.

11th November 2009, 09:07 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 5

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson8403

Just because the apps are installed to the SD card doesn't mean they don't store things on the phone.. cache is stored on the phones, theres a /data/data folder on the phone that the apps populate as well, it just doesn't take AS MUCH space on your phone as a non appstosd

also to make sure your apps are working go into your adb shell, type in

Code:
cd /data/app
pwd

cd /data/app-private
pwd
What this will do is go to your /data/app folder and because with appstosd that is a symbolic link to /system/sd/app the PWD (present working directory) will display /system/sd/app, if PWD shows /data/app you are not running appstosd

Just tested this and I am not running apps2sd I probably need to try to format my SD card again, I made did the dual partition from the recovery menu, but this was after I flashed MoDaCo's ROM...that's probably why!

Should I partition, then reflash the ROM?
11th November 2009, 12:47 PM   |  #15  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 32

670 posts
More
Yep.

Take.this.10.character.post.limit.ha!
11th November 2009, 06:26 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 3

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan

Can you be a little more specific about where in the thread? It's a long one and I didn't see anything on the first page.

Yep. The answer is in the first post . I'm not sure what directory to us in place of "/system/intmem/app", maybe "/data/app"?

Code:
su
cp /system/sd/app/[the app you want to move] /system/intmem/app/
rm /system/sd/app/[the app you want to move]
(taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512743)
12th November 2009, 04:02 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 9

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson8403

Thanks a ton. Wasn't sure if mine was working properly, but low and behold my out put is as you said. Apps2SD is working for me.
12th November 2009, 05:47 AM   |  #18  
Flag KillA CalI
Thanks Meter: 5

216 posts
It appears apps2sd is working properly for me. But i still only have 68mb's available on my internal memory. WHAT GIVES??
12th November 2009, 07:22 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitmanr2003

i rooted and went to modaco. also in the recovery mode i put create fat32 ext2 and swap particion. but i dont think my apps are on my sd card. i download app2sd and used it and it doesnt confirm that it did anything. i check im internal memory on phone and it is always 144mb or 145mb even after insalling around 20 apps. but when i unmount my sd card all apps still work.

I have this rom and rooted the phone, If i create a fat32 ext2 and swap partition in recovery mode, will everything on my sd card get erased?
12th November 2009, 07:26 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLSPRINTIN

I have this rom and rooted the phone, If i create a fat32 ext2 and swap partition in recovery mode, will everything on my sd card get erased?

Yes, backup the contents of your sdcard to your computer first!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread