Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wm6.5 - prob with music player and standbymod

Tip us?

tmaven
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default wm6.5 - prob with music player and standbymod

Hi!
yesterday i flashed my rom to new original Topaz_HTC_WWE_EastEurope_2.16.479.1 Windows Mobile 6.5.

Before it i havent that problem. (original rom with 6.1wm)

I'm using default htc player, which is in menu. When i switch it to stand-by mod by upper button it wont play next song in list. It just switch it to next one, but it doesnt play it. Just stop.

I tried "re-flash" it again, but still the same.

Can someone help me? I dont want to feed lcd display from battery during mp3 listening.

Man.
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey,

I dont think its a problem, HTC have intended for this to happen. I had this happen in 6.1 as well.

I 'think' when you put the phone in standby mode the device stops reading the memory card to save power.

Man.

fluke
Old
Thanks Meter 15
You have two options use the phones and you can put the device on stand by, that it will continue to play, or if you donīt use phnes just download this little but very usefull app, SCREENTOGGLE.
SGSII

luigug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use Nitrogen that, in addition to being a good and full finger friendly player, works very well also in standby mode.

tmaven
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
add: i just come back from windows road show, i tested there htc touch pro 2 with 6.5wm and it has the same problem... :/

on wm6.1 i havent this problem, sennheisers.. standby.. *lalalala* easy.. :/

bilal671
Old
Thanks Meter 12
It windows mobile 6.1 i never had this problem, used to play with coreplayer in standby and it never used to shut down, along with any other player i tried.

In windows mobile 6.5 if i use any player other than the official htc player it automatically shuts down when i press the standby key. Is there no way to add the other players into the "whitelist" that the htc player is in?

This release has completly crippled music playback, and ofc there are ways around it by using a blank screen but its just something u shouldnt have to do just to be able to perform the simple task of playing music while your phone is in your pocket.

Cairo_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem as you along with others
check this topic
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581005

I've already tried every thing
no solution so far
every thing works fine in 6.1
but in 6.5 with any rom the problem occurs

If u reach any solution plz let me know

ADeadlySpoon
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have this same problem, using the earphones that came with the phone. I play music and turn the screen off then at the end of the song it stops playing

This is so annoying been as though I now use my phone as my mp3 player

tmaven
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Dear valued HTC customer,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center.

You recently wrote us about an enquiry.

This will happen on the device when you switch the screen to power saving mode yourself. I you let the device switch off by itself however it will continue to play the music.

If these steps have not helped, please let me know by responding using the link provided and I will be happy to check again for you.

Best regards,

Claudia

HTC customer support team
HTC Corp. Global Service Division
http://www.htc.com/europe/CA_Hotline.aspx

tmaven
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
damn it works.. rofl.. what an EASY solution

and retarded coding