Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[BUG] weekly view in calendar cannot go past 01-November

OP Pandor

15th November 2009, 05:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
More
Bug found by Gapert86.

Original link (note: this in in Dutch)
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...27947#32927947

In the weekly calendar you cannot go past 01-November! Even if you are past it and scroll to another week, it comes back to 01 November!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7abOlvjeb0

Multiple people reported the same effect. A report has been send to HTC.

Update: it happens when selecting Monday as the first day of the week, with first day on a Sunday, it is no issue.
Left button only switches between 'agenda" and "month". Menu is to be used for "week", "day", "year" views.

Update: addition: "double weeks" found by : Basst85.
- 1 feb - 7 feb 2010
- 1 mrt - 7 mrt 2010
- 1 nov - 7 nov 2010
These weeks appear double in the week view.
26 jul - 1 aug 2010 same error as the 01-November, week view does not get past this week!
Last edited by Pandor; 15th November 2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: add info
15th November 2009, 05:37 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Confirmed, and in HTC Calender day view, I can only select Month in the bottom bar. It won't let me cycle through Year/Month/Week/Day. Only through the Menu on the bottom right can I directly select date view.
15th November 2009, 06:34 PM   |  #3  
prank1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iraq - Basra
Thanks Meter: 78
 
436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
I have the same problem. I have a T8585 HD2, UK version, obviously running a stock ROM.
16th November 2009, 01:21 AM   |  #4  
appelflap's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 808
 
10
4,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
On the calendar tab go to "settings" and make sure you deactivate the option "Nag me. In weekview always scroll back to the first week of november 2010"
16th November 2009, 12:29 PM   |  #5  
Beards's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
4,276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandor

Update: it happens when selecting Monday as the first day of the week, with first day on a Sunday, it is no issue.

Thanks Pandor.
This has saved me coming back in attempt to sort this problem out.
20th November 2009, 02:48 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Weird
I notice that if I click the "next week" (down) button on the top right, and change to a different application and then back, it is on week commencing 9 November, but then which ever icon I click it goes back to w/c 2/11 then to w/c 26 Oct.
20th November 2009, 04:12 PM   |  #7  
Member
Flag Salzburg
Thanks Meter: 2
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Change start of the week (in options of the tab) to "Sunday" --> worked for me - no bug anymore
20th November 2009, 10:25 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2006
More
What an unusual bug.

Sunday as start of the week works, but is too bizarre of an idea to wok with, I'll just wait for an update. I live in agenda view anyway.
20th November 2009, 10:32 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Maidenhead
Thanks Meter: 82
 
2,247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Ray

What an unusual bug.

Sunday as start of the week works, but is too bizarre of an idea to wok with, I'll just wait for an update. I live in agenda view anyway.

I noticed this bug last night also.

Having Sunday as the first day of the week is just weird. So going to live with. I live in monthly view anyway. Not that busy.
21st November 2009, 12:29 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 41
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandor

Bug found by Gapert86.

Original link (note: this in in Dutch)
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...27947#32927947

In the weekly calendar you cannot go past 01-November! Even if you are past it and scroll to another week, it comes back to 01 November!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7abOlvjeb0

Multiple people reported the same effect. A report has been send to HTC.

Update: it happens when selecting Monday as the first day of the week, with first day on a Sunday, it is no issue.
Left button only switches between 'agenda" and "month". Menu is to be used for "week", "day", "year" views.

Update: addition: "double weeks" found by : Basst85.
- 1 feb - 7 feb 2010
- 1 mrt - 7 mrt 2010
- 1 nov - 7 nov 2010
These weeks appear double in the week view.
26 jul - 1 aug 2010 same error as the 01-November, week view does not get past this week!

Make sunday first day of the week and your done.
Not the best but the only slution for now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes