Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][PRO|FUZE][28244][06MAR11] TAEL ROM v6.28244 Final • FAST|STABLE|TWEAKED •

Tip us?

vivalamoza
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAEL View Post
You can have it instead of "Phone" in left softkey. Because right soft key has Sense options menu.

Add this registry entry.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeLSKPath"="\\Windows\\HTCActionScreen.exe"
"HomeLSKText"="Action"
1st of all Congrats on the "as usual" Great rom, looks great and feels fast and stable.

I tried to change the left softkey as you described above but everytime I try to press the left soft key I get this error:
Quote:
"The file 'HTCActionScreen' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it's components cannot be found. If the problem presists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."
I tried opening the file it's self from the directory windows and it works no problems, so what can I do to fix this?

Btw, I don't like the dialer skin, the previous one was much better.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800
Current ROM: Stock 4.1.2 Rooted

Baseband: P6800XXLA1

Device: Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition
Current ROM: Stock Android 4.4.4

Device: Asus Nexus 7 (2012) 32 GB WIFI
Current ROM: Stock Android 4.4.4

My Device History

Click The "Thanks" Button If It Helped

zontri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Help

Hello tael the rom is very good
I have done extensive testing, I find myself in big trouble, what are the notes I made in the calendar, that is all the notes, birthdays and reminders are not recognized in the rom Sense Edition .. .
The version I had earlier v2.23420 - 22 October 2009, put the new and is not the calendar. Can you help me?
Has anyone encountered the same?

Greetings

TAEL
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofslackerz View Post
Hmm, nothing is working smoothly. No landscape when I pull the keyboard out, everything goes black besides the task bars.
HTC Sense supports landscape mode in Photos and Music tabs only. (It's not related to ROM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakady View Post
great rom tael, but as far as i'm looking for a rock solid bug free rom I can't use it atm....no offense to ur amazing work its just that its beta manila & WM 6.5.1
i was wondering are u still going to releasing WM 6.5 21876 build stock like + Manila 2.1 rom ??
I'm not planning to release 21876 yet, but it's possible soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmanumber9 View Post
TAEL, your work is truly appreciated. I have one question. I really do not care for the battery icons used in your rom. Any way to restore the original icon set with minimal hassle?
Remove this registry entries :

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:65
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:3e9
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:0

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldito View Post
Tael, here is my donation. This goes for your outstanding job in this Sense ROM and in your previous versions!

7G454650GT445032P

Keep with the good job!
Thanks a lot for supporting TAEL ROM project. I promise to do my best on these ROMs.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhan View Post
This is very fine ROM. Manila 2.5 is 100% unusable in keyb open view (just black screen or partial home screen that does not works), but all other is just matured from latest release. Thanks Tael and waiting for next Manila 2.5 release!
BTW I like the dialer screen from the 2.23420 more.
PS This time I cannot find where to disable the the keyb open/close sound. Please advice.
HTC Sense doesn't supports landscape mode. (just Photos and Music tab works in this mode).

Dialer skin will revert back in next releases due to many requests.
Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldito View Post
Have tested SENSE Version for couple of hours. Awesome ROM, best of the best. Very Fast and Stable.
Excellent Job Tael
You're welcome mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAs$Phone View Post
TAEL: My first comment is WOW! You work fast. After 1.23088 was a bit of a letdown, you popped up with the Sense Version. But I did not see the promised Standard version uploaded yet. You were too tired from all the hard work o Sense Edititon It's OKAY! You need sleep to build better ROMS! Will we have the Standard Edition tomorrow maybe?

I like the look of the Sense Version, but it does not sound like a good match for the Fuze Keyboard/Landscape screens, and so I will wait for Standard, which will be beautiful, more stable, and better match for FUZE Hardware.
I'm collecting bugs with your helps and then I'll fix them and release new standard edition.

and about Fuze, there's no any problems on Fuze hardware keyboard. It's just like v2.23420 and works fine. (you should change your layout with keybaord selector).

HTC Sense doesn't supports landscape mode. It's not related to this ROM.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyii View Post
this dialer got video support>??
No. but maybe in next releases. (you can use v2.23420 Standard Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthman2000 View Post
Great job Tael! I have no complaints, works like a charm, minus the GWES problem, but I can count on you to roll out that fix. Keep it up!
Thanks a lot mate. GWES will fix in next release.
Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquillo View Post
tried it since a few hours, GREAT JOB!!! only thing i miss is the programm tab, because the six shortcuts on the homescreen are not that much
any chance to get that?
HTC Sense doesn't have it as default, but developers are made a customization for this and I'll include that into next releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquillo View Post
where is text selecting? didn't find that...
While writing a message, tap and hold on text, it appears.

Quote:
Hi ,

thx for the great rom, but i juz wanna ask izzit the dialler support video call?
if not, how do i fix it?suggest pls
No, it doesn't support that and you cannot install manually. Try v2.23420 Standard Edition or wait for next releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushangahire View Post
Hi

Just flashed with the latest ROM.
WoW I also got the Weather Demo... Cool...
Looking into it more....
Read in the post about messages working fine, Which I also think a gr8 achivement.
Overall Looks good.... Congrats and thanx... for such a nice ROM.. Keep it up...
Will update is any more bugs I get.

Also I have one doubt can you send me the configured kitchen for WM6.5 - Manilla 2.5 1920 or for the current ROM.

I am trying with the Visual Kitchen But I dont know where its going wrong, I successfully developed ROM for my previous PDA HTC GENE. I am trying for Raphael.
If you can help me out for this.
You can send me the zip file on my email also if you want : bhushangahire2007@gmail.com

Thanks,
Sorry mate, I can't share that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_R_V View Post
is this ROM hurt CPU? (because of Manila 2.5?)
LOL, no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtor22 View Post
Tael is not posssible to change the right menu of sense optinos to another like "camera". We don't need the Options there... i think..

Other thing, how Can I do to put Left Hardkey (home) bring the manila to home tab and not the star menu of windows?
Tanks a lot
Use that keys. RSK is for right key and LSK for left key.

And about second question, read below quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrovilos View Post
Check post number 3 in this thread...
Thanks for nice tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrovilos View Post
Great ROM TAEL. It's first time using your ROM and I must say that is the best ROM I have used until today.

I like it because it's simple, it doesn't have so many colours (!), it has squared SOFTkeys and it works perfect. THANKS!
I'm so happy because of your comment. Glad to know that. Enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamoza View Post
1st of all Congrats on the "as usual" Great rom, looks great and feels fast and stable.

I tried to change the left softkey as you described above but everytime I try to press the left soft key I get this error:

I tried opening the file it's self from the directory windows and it works no problems, so what can I do to fix this?

Btw, I don't like the dialer skin, the previous one was much better.
Check your address. If it runs fine from windows folder, so your url in registry maybe not correct.

and about dialer, I'll change it to original in next releases.

Regards.
Device: Galaxy Note SM-N9005
ROM: Latest Samsung Official ROM

bhushangahire
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAEL View Post

Sorry mate, I can't share that.

NP dude I will manage and get it working.... Well Thanks for the gr8 ROM
HTC One
ROM : Stock

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nexus 5
ROM: Dirty Unicorn

rsommerv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm really really impressed with this ROM, all I've found is:

the landscape issue metnioned before where sense doesn't work but it's not just sense, eg, trying the copy/paste feature in text messaging in landscape doesn't show me the two draggable end markers, I only get them in portrait.

I have the OK/Cancel buttons issue mentioned earlier where they disappear from the dialogs, I'll try and get a screenshot next time it happens.

I notice that if I go to the 'All People' list then press the search button and pull up the onscreen keyboard then it blanks all the contacts out instead of just overlaying the onscreen keyboard over the lower section of the contacts. So you end up typing the contact you want then removing the onscreen keyboard to see the contacts that have matched.

but a really great looking rom, very responsive.

rulrocker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i hope tis rom can support video call .. coz i need it.. :<
yes i hope so too!! thanks for mentioning it

Ezhan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Any chance that Manila 2.5 in future will support landscape mode?

EclipseX
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
when I wrote a mensage on landscape mode, The button for send Disapear =/, do you have any cab for that?

All things on landscape mode have problems :S....
You can pay me a beer

peace942
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up TAEL - What a tasty ROM (Great Work)

TAEL- Many many thanks! By far the best yet of any ROM I have put on my Fuze
Only a few small kinks to mention for you to look at.
1.the previously mentioned issue with dialogue pop-up of OK/Cancel (I don't really care I've used my phone enough to know whats what.) LOL
2.When the camera pops up if you click video it goes to camera if you click camera it goes to camera. (Not a big deal either I can select video from the menu)
3.When using the Internet Tab I cannot add favorites because when I choose edit I get a blank screen.
(If you find any regedits that fix this I am completely happy with this ROM and would be hard pressed to reload another as I love it) No bugs No crashes No REAL problems.
ALL AROUND SWEETNESS. Thanks again man! I cannot say thanks enough for this.
HTC Rezound ...

RaphB
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Tael sense bugs

Tael,

This is a great and interesting ROM. Its contact and email population was slow but ultimately after a few soft reset worked fine.

I noted that you had listed a few bugs or annoyances and was wondering if you could tell us more. I use the Program tab a lot and was wondering if you could point me to other forum where it is addressed or if you had a CAB to add it?

In answering a SMS, there is a delay between the taping of the screen and the edit mode.

I also found out that when setting the favorite contact, the list to chose from did not have the alphabetical index as usual; When displaying a dialog windows in installation or in an application, the buttons were either missing or masked.

In the Setting section, the Location option does not work.

Raphael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ROM TAEL SENSE Dialog Windows.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	247732   Click image for larger version

Name:	ROM TAEL SENSE Favorite Contact List.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	247733   Click image for larger version

Name:	ROM TAEL SENSE Installation Messages.jpg