Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Version 4.2.5 upgrade failed, need help recovering.

Tip us?

BitPlacebo
Old
(Last edited by BitPlacebo; 16th November 2009 at 07:01 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Version 4.2.5 upgrade failed, need help recovering.

Cyanogenmod version 4.2.3 then 4.2.4 were running great on my G1 for a couple of weeks. Recently, I noticed the Cyanogenmod Updater saying the 4.2.5 stable was available. I went ahead downloaded it, did a Nandroid backup and then flashed it. However, on reboot, the Android splash screen kept freezing then trying the reboot. I could not get past this screen. I tried reflashing a couple of times with the same frozen results.

I did a factory reset. I can fully reboot, but now it appears I have regressed back to Kernel version 2.6.29. I also, don't think I have root anymore since I tried to sudo on terminal and it told me I don't have permission. What happened?

When I go to recovery mode, (pwr + home) I get a triangle with an exclamation point. I get the "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" I only have four options: reboot system, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition.

I'm guessing that Apps to SD is not working because I might have some vanilla recovery image taking over that is not Cyanogenmod so it does not see the cache on the SDCard partition that I have.

I also noticed that I can get the "Fastboot" screen if I do the Pwr + Camera btn. I've seen posts that I should be able to get everything back that way, using but I haven't found a step-by-step on how to use if for noobs.

Can anyone suggest how I can get back everything? I still have all my data including backup files and apps on the sdcard.

Thank you.

^tyrant^
Old
Thanks Meter 6
try posting this in the 4.2.5 thread and not starting a new thread just for your problem.

Rekna
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not only did you fail to flash your phone correctly but you also failed to post on the correct forum!

jay652
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Currently, the CyanogenMod thread has over 5,000 replies. Could you imagine how cluttered this forum would be if everyone was as inconsiderate and selfish as you, and felt the need to open a new thread whenever an issue with CyanogenMod occurred?

Mikey
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,027

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay652 View Post
Currently, the CyanogenMod thread has over 5,000 replies. Could you imagine how cluttered this forum would be if everyone was as inconsiderate and selfish as you, and felt the need to open a new thread whenever an issue with CyanogenMod occurred?
There is also a Q&A section

Code:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus               Tablet: Google Nexus 7
ROM: PURITY JDQ39                         ROM: PURITY JDQ39
Kernel: AK Kernel Diamond ed.             Kernel: M-Kernel
Baseband: I925OUGLH1                      Bootloader: v4.18
Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0                   Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe