I tried to install iGO 8 (that was previously installed on my HD) to my HD 2.
When I tried to rotate screen (portrait to landscape or viceversa) by using iGO8/Menu/Settings/Device Sett./Screen , I got a clipped screen. Then with a small modify I got my real Screen Size without clipping and now I can pass from landscape to portrait without any clipping. Now I will explain how I did.
And, you are high resolution mode, it is perfect....
First: I use iGO8 v 126.96.36.199112 , I think that it should work for all 8.3 series.
Step by step:
Before begin: if there is iGO8/save/system.ini file you should delete it, on the first run iGO will compose one for the device
A. Pinch To Zoom
A1. Automatic Method (Installing Cab File that insert registry key automatically)
For pinch to zoom, all you should do is install Pinch2Zoom.cab and Reset your device
A2. Manual Method (Insert key with a registry editor)
If you want to make it manually, you can make it with a registry editor.
If you do not have one, here is PHM Regedit..
1.Install and Run PHM Regedit
2.Go to (by clicking) HKLM\Software\HTC\TouchGL\VirtualDesktop\WhiteList
3.Click Edit>New Key --- Name it iGO8 (this name is optional)
4.Click the Key you created and Click Edit> New String Value
Write the options Below
Value Name: ProcName
Value Data: iGO8.exe
And click OK, Close Regedit, Reset your device..
Note: You can add many softwares into the whitelist, so you can enable Pinch to zoom on that softwares,
This is How I described for iGO8.exe, only you should know is the name of Exe file that the software runs.
B. Rotation and High Resolution
1. Change Your sys.txt content (backup your old one) with I gave below, (your sys.txt should be only 6 lines below, delete all other lines.)
2. Check inside the ui_igo folder in SDCard/iGO8/data.zip if there is 480_800, 800_480, 240_400, 400_240 folders inside it. (There must be ;) ) If not you should find one data.zip that I recommend
3. Install iGO8 normally (with 2577/Autorun.exe), make your local configurations etc. and exit iGO8.
4. Add the lines I gave below into SDCARD/iGO8/save/system.ini
5. Start iGO8 again, if the screen is not clipped, you can change from portrait to landscape. I tried it and succeed.
So my sys.txt is: (6 lines below)
[folders] app="%SDCARD%/iGO8" [interface] maxzoom2d=6000000 show_exit=1
[rawdisplay] class="portrait" autoconfig="1" driver="gdi" highres="0"
Note: app="%SDCARD%/iGO8" this line should be modified for the devices that are not WWE. This line is for WWE ROM. %SDCARD% name should be changed for other languages.