5,605,904 Members 47,393 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[19/01/10][ANDROID][ECLAIR]Android 2.01 (formerly 1.6 Donut)

Tip us?

TecHunter
Old
(Last edited by TecHunter; 16th March 2010 at 10:00 AM.) Reason: updated
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [19/01/10][ANDROID][ECLAIR]Android 2.01 (formerly 1.6 Donut)

NEWS
Hey guys, lot of things happened here is a short summary:
-i've sold my Diamond
-yozgatg released this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623048 (awesome job, i wish i had my diamond...)
-New version of Android: XDAndroid
-This thread won't be followed and updated by me from now on. sry T.T

If you still want to update your diamond, they have plenty of threads about it in Raphael or Blackstone sections which are the same builds with different startup.txt

So, I hope you had a good time with my crappy english writing, I wish you all have soon enough a stable every day use Android on Diamond
Cya

====================THIS THREAD IS MERELY A READY TO USE PACKAGE=========================
WIKI FOR ANDROID ECLAIR
http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

Read this also as it seems to answer, comment everything in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=121

================================================== ===============================================

you can grab the build of 04 jan 2010 in my 4shared folder: techunter.4shared.com

================================================== ===============================================

Now a little explanation on how I proceeded:

3ways of doing it:

I/ Compile it yourself
-> not enough time didn't even tried but you can try here

II/ Download latest image
The packs you can have from sites are generally a stable android release. All the zImage and modules on msm-htc-android sites are all development packs, so choose wisely. Last update doesn't mean best update!
Prerequisite: create a dir name (for example) eclair_fs.
You can also put a Light Rom to make it boot faster or THIS ONE from yozgatg

a)===================
get the build package here:
Quoting this post (again its the main post for the Raphael/Blackstone/DIamond):
Quote:
Originally Posted by babijoee View Post
24.01.10 NEW BUILD STRIPPED
http://htcandroid.xland.cz/XDANDROID.24.01.10.7z
This build is completely stripped and only contains the crucial core files to run Android. All apps are within AndroidApps, so copy over the ones you need. Please read changelog for more details.
extract all in eclair_fs/ on your hard drive

b)===================
(Optional if your package in a) already has the zImage) get the zImage here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by owziee View Post
(autobuild files, thx for posting this!)
you should have something like zImage-modules-DATE_VER.tar
--go to eclair_fs/ and delete the modules-2.6.27-00330-f485082e.tar (name differ with version) and the "zImage" files.
--untar (with winrar or whatever) in your eclair_fs/ the two files.
--rename the zImage.00000000 (figures as the build date) in "zImage" (without quotes).
-- leave the modules-2.6.27-00710-g485083e.tar you have just extracted with the same name.

c)===================
go to eclair_fs/startup-configs and make sure you have a DIAM100.txt (or whatever DIAMx00 you have, retrieve DIAMx00.txt).
*if YES then delete eclair_fs/startup.txt and copy+rename the eclair_fs/startup-configs/DIAM100.txt to eclair_fs/startup.txt.
*if NO then google another package (the one from connect-utb should have one).

d)===================
optional: make your changes in startup.txt

e)===================
delete the data.img file if you have one (when you make changes in your zImage or system.sqsh you have to delete data.img).

f)===================
now your eclair_fs should look like this:

g)===================
upload at your formatted Internal storage on your diamond TO THE ROOT (without your subfolder eclair_fs)

h)===================
Some bugs are yet to be resolved so to make sure you won't have to reboot again, make sure under Windows Mobile you have:
-disabled the PinCode
-Enabled the GPRS Connection (it works for me without this step but sometime not)
-disabled the airplane mode (if you activated the GPRS you should't be in this mode ^^
-disable whatever special state you put your phone in.

i)===================
run /InternalStorage/Haret.exe

Format your internal storage once in fat32, you don't need to format it every time you change between build.

III/ Get custom build from Raphael or Blackstone etc...
there : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=601751
enjoy

FILE: 4shared.com (sry, the guy uploaded a new build fixing a bit the mic so I updated mine)

I uploaded different startup.txt (and Diam200.txt from jfran)

================================================== ================================================== ==================
Useful info from other users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekino View Post
BE AWARE, that in the newest release of XDANDROID from 24.01.2010, there are minimum of apps installed, to save memory, but when GOOGLE TALK is not installed, then DOWNLOADING apps from MARKET won't work.

WORKAROUND: put 3 googletalk (TalkProvider.apk Talk.apk gtalkservice.apk) files from AndroidApps\Core in AndroidApps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran View Post
Quote:
How can we add ringtones as its silent by default?sOrry for re-editing....
To add ringtones you need to add files to the media folder [media\audio\ringtones] folder as .ogg

Quote:
how to access the phone from pc?
reboot back in winmo either by hitting the soft reset key or holding down the hang up key and powering off.
-If you have a problem with the PINCode being always wrong:
Go into WinMo and disable it.

-If you need your APN Profil:
check on your operator's website in the android page like for HTC Magic. exemple for SFR you can get the settings from sfr.fr under "My account" webpage of via their forum.

-Microphone too low?
known issue, sry.

-My version is too unstable?
download the package from Connect UTB and copy it directly into your storage card. Its the latest stable. The one I posted here is the latest dev.

- OMG where my battery went??
YES battery is the most important issue for now ^^

-Something go badly wrong, like messed up volume button or whatever
HARD RESET (assuming you did saved your contacts what so ever. I highly recommend saving your contacts by Gmail Exchange server (m.google.com) or with MS MyPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran View Post
I remembered someone asking about getting their outlook contacts onto their device, and noticed that in Contacts there is the option to import/export, so all you need to do is export contacts from Outlook and save the file to your root folder then open contacts in Android and import the csv file.

I came across the ability to program what function the end key can perform the options were along the lines -
1. close program
2. home page
3. close program and home page
4. do nothing

however, I cant seem to find the option and I am not sure if it was an application I was using or a setting function??? Anyone came across this?
Update The setting is in the Spare Parts App
Quote:
Dedicated thread For Diamond500 users using xdandroid
Read this: WIKI FOR ANDROID ECLAIR
or this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=121
even better, this: Raphael Thread

================================================== ============
IF after reading this you are still asking about huge battery drain then plz quit Diamond and buy a nokia 3310....

================================================== ============
Quote:
Working:
Touchscreen:
Vibration:
Capacitive Buttons and Navigation wheel ( To ensure pad works and responsive make sure its clean by wiping it with a wet tissue )
Keyboard
Radio
Brightness Control: Must turn off autolight in WinMo
GPRS (thanks Phhusson )
Microphone works
Charging (phhusson )
Market
Sound
debugging breathing led for sleep mode: lets you know when your device is sleeping. This shouldnt affect your battery life at all.
Wifi: was always on when enabled. Now it is used alot less often so the device will be warm at most.
Task killer app.
Android information program.
Gsensor: fixed
Power collapse
Proximity sensor
ramzswap
idle sleep mode
deep sleep: Remove pm.sleep_mode=X from startup.txt if you have it in your default.txt
Accelerometer fix: Now very accurate and shouldn't cause your device to randomly change view. Thanks to mmone3
sms fix: yep the one you guys have all been waiting for ( thanks phhusson )
Android system wide Mic support. Eg: Voice dialer works. Note: You must make a phone call first or play sound before it works for programs.

14.01.10 Changelog
updated apns.xml ( hopefully this should fix some 3g/GPRS issues people are having )
Fuze keyboard layout: Stinebd
Updated generic Raphael layout with better keymapping
(if power button does not wake up the device anymore or return it to the home screen then reboot phone and restart Android. It should work after that

15.01.10 Changelog
Power off should work now MrPippy:
Tested and working on Raph100. Raph110 doesn't work. Weirdly doesnt work for raph800. Please dont post bugs and errors about this or you will be flamed :3
Keyboard arrows for fuze, raph users should now work. Stinebd
Fixed layout for 500,800 CDMA
Mapped PTT button for fuze only. Stinebd

16.01.10 Changelog
Old plus new apns.xml merged plus some extras.This should re-enable data connection people had before but broke now. For people who never had data connection this may help or may not.
New RIL: now has geolocation: Chamonix
Apps now separate for people who want to choose what to put in Android. Will be placed within AndroidApps folder
Live Wallpaper ( Battery drainer )
Matrix code
Bubbles
Star field

Proper Backlight control: dimming and controlling brightness. No need to change in WinMo anymore
Updated RIL: force cdma option, for cdma topa/rhod since we have no way to detect that they are cdma
Slow sim option to slow down SIM access, I think this might fix the problem of people having crashing android with bad sims
Startup cmds:
force_cdma=1
slow_sim=<time in microsecond to wait between every SIM access)
Updated apps

Clean Build
AndroidApps now consists of 4 folders
( Copy the applications you want to the root of AndroidApps. For people who dont know what core files to copy, i suggest you copy them all )
Core
Games
Media
Others
Ring Delay set to 0 from 3000 milliseconds
Updated startup configs
Nexus One media
Audio
Resource
System is definantly faster when stripped

Not Working:
Bluetooth ftp
Bluetooth: Headset
Camera/videorecord
GPS
opengles: using software rendering for the time being.

Removed
light sensor

My HTC phones:
¤HTC HD2
----------------------------------------
ROM : Official 3.14 (Waiting for WP7 or Android rSAP support!)
Radio : 2.15.***
SPL : HSPL 2.08 and DFT 1.12
----------------------------------------

Franceschiello
Old
Thanks Meter 6
But with the same procedure work also on Diamon?

(Sorry if it's a stupid question)

Thx

aiwenor
Old
Thanks Meter 8
yes, it works...you just have to change the startup file acording to your device.
HTC Touch P3450
HTC TyTN II 'KAISER'
HTC Touch Diamond P3700
HTC Tattoo
HTC HD2 T8585

dieselboy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
There is already a startup file for the diamond. This works very well
Dont expect it to be a complete replacement for windows just yet. GPS and Camera do not work but thats minor.

nadderf
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is it possible to have Swedish keyboard?

Comments from testing?

aseem123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android not booting

Android does not boot on my device.It says "failed to find system.img on sdcard".Though a system.sqsh file is present in internal storage.I renamed it to system.img then too it fails with same error message.
Nokia Lumia 800

chchia
Old
Thanks Meter 4
interesting, anyone tested?

how about it's performance? smoother than windows 6.5?

chchia
Old
Thanks Meter 4
mod please delete for double post...

dieselboy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Comments:
Best try for yourself. I found it to be a little annoying to use (much like most Linux machines i've used before). It sometimes seems a little laggy, and I couldnt work out how to turn my phone off since the power button just brings up a menu. Also my phone kept locking and I had to fiddle to get it unlocked again.

I'm not exactly sure how it runs on the phone. If it runs on top of my current rom then my experiences could be down to lack of RAM. When I did a soft reset my Windows ROM booted up and I've been using that until I can get a chance to play again.

Also, I am on O2 UK. I must need to get my 3G settings from somewhere because I couldnt get on the internet under linux.

I will definately be playing some more and will see about using it as a propper phone OS, once I get my contacts on my sim, and I get WWW working. It's very good IMO

nadderf
Old
(Last edited by nadderf; 19th November 2009 at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
It works god but it needs more work. there are problems to get GPRS to work

One good thing is that after a reboot it boots on WM, so you could try android and have your Windows back after a reboot =)

Can't get SMS to work, tried ATcommander.

dieselboy : To turn off the phone, just hold the End button.

Tags
android 1.6, android 2.0