ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can't we fix the MR market issues?

OP atoy74

24th November 2009, 03:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

453 posts
I've wiped my phone and re-run the MR update. All my apps were there but later in the day...boom, gone.

I see that a custom ROM has temporarily fixed the issue
- "1.2c:fixed issue with protected apps not showing up in market reverted displayed version # in phone settings (sprint update is still there though)"

My questions is can't we patch our systems until Google/HTC/Sprint figure this out? Sounds like such a simple fix...
24th November 2009, 04:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 79

1,121 posts
Um, "we" did, which is to say that other people on the forum did it for us. Both current ROMs fix the Market issue.
24th November 2009, 04:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan

Um, "we" did, which is to say that other people on the forum did it for us. Both current ROMs fix the Market issue.

Yes, but they haven't fixed the bluetooth audio streaming issue which is big for me (as of yesterday.) I'd like to keep things just as they are and patch up the market problem.
24th November 2009, 04:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 1,681

5,326 posts
Donate to Me
More
It seems to be a problem with the build.prop and build.prop.nopassword file from the Mr update. You could edit the file with the old info from a build.prop files from before the update. Or push a build.prop files to your phone from a stock hero or from the unofficial 1.2 . It couldn't hurt to try. Make sure you have a backup.
24th November 2009, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 79

1,121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoy74

Yes, but they haven't fixed the bluetooth audio streaming issue which is big for me (as of yesterday.) I'd like to keep things just as they are and patch up the market problem.

Fresh claims that has been fixed.
24th November 2009, 04:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

453 posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try Fresh's ROM again.
24th November 2009, 07:29 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

159 posts
Just installed Fresh's .06 rom.

Still no go for the market. =(
24th November 2009, 08:05 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

453 posts
I installed Fresh's 0.6 over my 1.56 stock install. No wipe. It took about 2hrs but the market snapped back into shape. I also did a reboot around that 2hr mark.

Dunno what triggered it but the moral of the story is I dont think you need to wipe.
25th November 2009, 02:02 AM   |  #9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 24

239 posts
More
I have the factory ROM on my device (its only been rooted) and it seems my paid apps have returned to the my downloads section of the market... hope it keeps
25th November 2009, 02:06 AM   |  #10  
Flag San Antonio, TX (Bexar county, you figure it out)
Thanks Meter: 45

470 posts
I think at least some of the missing apps are now back. I had MoDaCo ROM and downloaded a new app (free - Silent Time). The next day I un rooted, restored my Nandroid backup, got the MR update and then rooted the Sprint ROM, went to grab that app which I lost when I restored my Nandroid backup and it was gone, until tonight. It was a free app. The app was Silent Time, which before today my search only hit one app which wasn't Silent Time. Now that same search hits 3 apps and includes Silent Time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread