Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Earpiece and voicecall quality, how do you find it ?
No question, one of the best thing I've ever had. 59 25.99%
hmm, not bad but could be better nah ? 104 45.81%
Are you serious !? This is one of the worst crappy earpiece made ever, It is useless !!! 57 25.11%
Who care, I don't really pay attention... 7 3.08%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

[Update] Earpiece and voicecall quality

Tip us?

Xeon
Old
(Last edited by Xeon; 20th January 2010 at 09:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Update] Earpiece and voicecall quality

How do you find the Earpiece sound quality and voicecall performance compared to previous owned phones?

I think too many people where unhappy with the device because of the phone performance in general. I can't understand how such basic features where not treated as top priority specs.

It's " Who cares " typo sorry, not possible to edit the poll.

Thanks

EDIT: FLashed Radio 2.06 and voicecall quality is better but STILL CRACKLES

DAMIEN123_666
Old
Thanks Meter 38
i find the sound quality is weird with this phone i.e.

rear speaker = loud but tinny, and seems that anymore than 70% volume and the software overpowers the actual speaker and causes distortion

headphones = ok sound quality very vocal friendly, quite nice for ambient vocal tracks, soft and fluff sound, i used shure se310 headphones so some of the best around

call earphone = very bad, even with the volume very low it still distorts when people talk, im not sure why this is and i thought it was a damaged speaker but its as if the sound is to harsh with the high feq.... so only call or accept calls from people with deep voices lol

sunking101
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It isn't necessarily the ear piece that's the problem, it's the VOLUME being pumped through it. The volume on my HD2 is ridiculously loud so I'm not surprised that my speaker is popping and distorting!

tripleA
Old
(Last edited by tripleA; 27th November 2009 at 10:43 PM.) Reason: forgot the earpiece part
Thanks Meter 0
i went with the "it could be better" option

i always find myself switching to the speaker, then going back (repaeat cycle over and over with each call :P just trying to find an easy way to make out what people are saying.
a couple of mods would ultimately fix it, but im happy that the speaker is loud. Which kinda means its got the Umpgh

i use the headphines for music, i switched into an inear buds. it really makes a difference

sunking101
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleA View Post
i went with the "it could be better" option

i always find myself switching to the speaker, then going back (repaeat cycle over and over with each call :P just trying to find an easy way to make out what people are saying.

a couple of mods would ultimately fix it, but im happy that the speaker is loud. Which kinda means its got the Umpgh
Yes but it's TOO LOUD. I wouldn't mind if it went loud but I also want it to go quiet too, it's way too loud at the lowest volume setting. I can't use the speakerphone at all, it is destroying itself with distortion. I actually can't use the earpiece close to my ear either, due to criminally high volume. I use the earphone as a speakerphone - I kid you not. I don't know if it's just certain batches but my HD2 would be suitable for almost-deaf people.

Xeon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Actually the keypad tones also are WAY TOO LOUD! I was in a meeting and it was like everyone was trying to find out where the was sound coming from... I had to turn it off.. a shame..

Xeon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Not to forget also the pain the earpiece causes during phone calls. This thing is really sharp !!!

robertlewisca
Old
Thanks Meter 1
In terms of HTC phones, I've had the Kaiser and Raphael before the HD2, and I must say that the call quality on the HD2 is the best of the three! This wold be both through the speaker on the back (speaker phone) and through the earpiece.

I agree that the initial volume was way too loud, however there is a tweak somewhere on the board where you edit a registry entry for initial call volume, and that helped tremendously. So I'm actually quite pleased.
Kaiser (HTC Stock) - Retired
Touch Pro (Voda UK) - Retired
Leo HD2 (HTC Stock) - To the wife
HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T, Rooted) - Retired

Samsung Galaxy SIII (AT&T)

Bouloama
Old
Thanks Meter 0
People who made the HD2 @ HTC Tech.. were a little bit deaf I think..

Bad speaker quality because of distortion and popping
HTC LEO

Rom: 1.16.468.1 WWE
Radio: 2.06.51.07
Protocol: 15.30.50.07U

Xeon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouloama View Post
People who made the HD2 @ HTC Tech.. were a little bit deaf I think..

Bad speaker quality because of distortion and popping
Yea I think so, I am gonna try the registry tweak; hopefully it's gonna work.