Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UMTS/HSDPA radio bands

Tip us?

birutilla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default UMTS/HSDPA radio bands

Hi guys, I don't know if this is a basic question but I have to ask it since I haven't find an answer yet...

Can I modify the HSDPA/UMTS band via ROM or SPL update?

I bougth a HTC T-mobile myTouch (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA) but later I realized that here in CHILE my provider uses the 850/1900 band for 3g .

If I root my phone and try a different SPL and ROM, is it possible to change bands?

So, can I do somethig to make it work here or is it a matter of hardware?

Thanks

bogdi1988
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
it would require hardware change....

cursordroid
Old
Thanks Meter 15
You could sell the MyTouch and buy a Rogers Magic or Dream. They use the same 3G frequency as your networks in Chile. 850/1900
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

HTC Magic -> HTC Dream -> HTC G1 -> HTC Hero -> Google Nexus One -> HTC Desire -> Samsung Galaxy S -> Samsung Galaxy S Captivate -> Samsung Galaxy S II -> Motorola Atrix 4G -> HTC Desire Z -> HTC Evo 3D -> HTC Desire HD -> Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE -> LG Nexus 4 -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> HTC One M7 -> Sony Xperia Z2

:No-Frost:
Old
Thanks Meter 288
I'm from Chile too, I have the same "problem" But actually I don't care to much because next year 2 Nextel and VTR will offer mobile services... And they are gonna be based on the 1700/2100 bands...
Twitter
----------------------------------------
Phone : HTC One
Recovery : TWRP
ROM : ARHD (Latest)
----------------------------------------

HTC Magic 32A >> HTC Desire HD >> HTC ONE

birutilla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by :No-Frost: View Post
I'm from Chile too, I have the same "problem" But actually I don't care to much because next year 2 Nextel and VTR will offer mobile services... And they are gonna be based on the 1700/2100 bands...
Hi no-frost, I know that next year that will happen, but nobody really knows when... By the way, I saw your other posts, I wanted to tell you that I rooted an entel magic phone without loosing 3g or wifi...(via gold card) after a lor of trying an error I finally cach up with a mixture of ROM and SPL that worked