I found a thread on android central about task killers and Hero. I'm too junior to post the link though but perhaps it's related?
Task Manager/Killer Users
As some of you know I've been working with HTC on some of the issues we've seen with the CDMA Hero.
If you're running any type of Task Manager/Killer it is highly recommended that you delete the program and allow Hero to manage the memory as its designed to do.
After almost a week sans Task Manager/Killer here is what we've found so far.
* The applications that automatically open themselves, no longer do so.
* My internal memory has increased from 83mb to a solid 105mb. With a Task Manager/Killer my memory would drop to below 40 on occasion.
* All lags are gone, phone is faster than ever.
* The weather disappearing from the clock/weather widget has stopped happening.
* The alarm now works without fail.
Once you delete the program, reboot your phone. If you want to do a comparison of your own, look at your internal memory before and after removal, watch it for a few days. Unless you have a ton of 3rd party applications installed you should see an increase in your available memory.
It seems this Rogers ROM inherited the brightness bug (widgets/profile managers can't change brightness) from Hero, so perhaps other oddities as well?
Can anyone recommend a program/widget to change brightness? I've tried a bunch from the market and they all change it only momentarily. It seems to be a common problem with Hero as well.
This is entry number one in a series of articles about tools for app developers, … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?