[ROM-DEV] 04/16/10 | Back from the dead | Coming soon

Tip us?

david279
Old
Thanks Meter 1430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcblongs View Post
Hmm, the Moto Droid 2.0 build is set for an OMAP chipset, rather than msm7k, so while the apk's could work, the lib's and other "native" files would probably not work right?

A side question for this newb (me) in compiling Android, where are these ro.cdma.* (found in the Droid's build.prop) properties set?
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
ro.cdma.data_retry_config=default_randomization=20 00,0,0,120000,180000,540000,960000

from droid system dump

toastcfh
Old
Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1895

DONATE TO ME
Anyone tried to swap apn-config files? Although in the apn-config it says it must match apninfo.xml. god... I gotta get home

flipzmode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 692

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastcfh View Post
Anyone tried to swap apn-config files? Although in the apn-config it says it must match apninfo.xml. god... I gotta get home
Yup, I did that before I even posted the rom and it didn't help.

I got it to recognize on sprint by changing the follwing in build.prop:

Code:
ro.telephony.default_network = 0
to

Code:
ro.telephony.default_network = 4
After that it changed from "no service" to "Sprint" and showed my signal. I'm pretty sure that's the change that did it at least. I made a few changes at once. Ha.

Another thing I've noticed is if I try swapping Phone.apk with the one from droid or with our original 1.5 then com.phone still crashes, and on top of that it goes back to "no service". However it doesn't suffer from the memory leak. So that is part of it. I'm going to rip open the apk and see if I can find anything.
Xylon - Nexus 4: 2.1.1b2 (Android 4.2.2)
Fresh Evo LTE: 5.3.1 (Android 4.0.4) || Fresh Evo 3d: 4.2.0 (Android 2.3.4) || Fresh Evo: 4.3.3
Fresh Shift: 4.1.1 (Android 2.3.3) || Fresh Hero: 2.4.0 (Android 2.1)

CDMA Android development and Fresh rom home: http://GeekFor.Me || Twitter

chuckhriczko
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
Yup, I did that before I even posted the rom and it didn't help.

I got it to recognize on sprint by changing the follwing in build.prop:

Code:
ro.telephony.default_network = 0
to

Code:
ro.telephony.default_network = 4
After that it changed from "no service" to "Sprint" and showed my signal. I'm pretty sure that's the change that did it at least. I made a few changes at once. Ha.

Another thing I've noticed is if I try swapping Phone.apk with the one from droid or with our original 1.5 then com.phone still crashes, and on top of that it goes back to "no service". However it doesn't suffer from the memory leak. So that is part of it. I'm going to rip open the apk and see if I can find anything.
What if we try to pull the phone.apk from the GSM Hero 2.1 builds? My theory is maybe the Phone.apk is just the UI and as long as we have the right radio (which we do) it will work. Maybe not but figure it might be worth a shot.

flipzmode
Old
Thanks Meter 692

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckhriczko View Post
What if we try to pull the phone.apk from the GSM Hero 2.1 builds? My theory is maybe the Phone.apk is just the UI and as long as we have the right radio (which we do) it will work. Maybe not but figure it might be worth a shot.
I tried it from the droid 2.0 and it just breaks everything. heh.
Fresh Evo LTE: 5.3.1 (Android 4.0.4) || Fresh Evo 3d: 4.2.0 (Android 2.3.4) || Fresh Evo: 4.3.3

chuckhriczko
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried it from the droid 2.0 and it just breaks everything. heh.
Yeah but I was thinking maybe the Hero phone.apk is different than the Moto apk. I'll try it when I get a chance.

flipzmode
Old
Thanks Meter 692

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckhriczko View Post
Yeah but I was thinking maybe the Hero phone.apk is different than the Moto apk. I'll try it when I get a chance.
Oh sorry I misread what you said. But pulling it from a HTC 2.1 gsm build? That's what's in there right now. Let me know if you have any success. Toast and I have been gtalking back and forth and trying different things but he's stuck at work so he can't try anything right now. We've made progress as far as saying "ok well that isn't working because of this" but the hard work is making this work with that.

seankk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ..from

do we have any idea when this will be released as a custom stable or a upgrade via ower carrier or htc themsellves
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7' (Rooted) Spacemoose's HoneyComb 2.5a
__________________________________________________ ___
HTC Evo (Boost) Synergy Rom CW Recovery Latest
RIM- When there was a reason to use them i used them as well
Win-Mo (Too Many To List last was TP2?)

chuckhriczko
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh sorry I misread what you said. But pulling it from a HTC 2.1 gsm build? That's what's in there right now. Let me know if you have any success. Toast and I have been gtalking back and forth and trying different things but he's stuck at work so he can't try anything right now. We've made progress as far as saying "ok well that isn't working because of this" but the hard work is making this work with that.
Ok. I thought it might be but wasnt sure. Did we try the phone.apk from the 1.5 Hero we currently have? I cant remember

cteneyck
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
if you could just take the phone .apk and recompile it for the 2.x kernel you will be ok. remember phone is an app and on the cdma hero it was compiled for 1.5 so it probly needs to have the 2.0 kernel support added to it