5,606,722 Members 37,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[X50V] ROM WM6.5 Lite Classic (WWE) - optimized for a 64 M device

Tip us?

makuu
Old
(Last edited by makuu; 9th December 2009 at 04:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default [X50V] ROM WM6.5 Lite Classic (WWE) - optimized for a 64 M device

[X50V] ROM WM6.5 Lite Classic (WWE) - optimized for a 64 M device

My First thanks to Maglite and Football. Maglite was the first to release a custom rom for the x50v, he was the one with Football to explain me about xip & xipport, when I registered to 4pda.ru. I must also thank dking that is always there to solve my issues with the 2700g drivers, he is also from 4pda.ru (the forum that makes you regret that you didn't practice russian enought after learning it at school).

These roms share the same kernel than the x51v's one and are directly derived from them. They are stricly for x50v, the one from the x51v are located here .

This thread is actually a continuation from this one, where I have also released a rom with the last WM6.1 build (dated sept 2009), that like those WM6.5 rom also offers finger scrolling feature. This thread is especially dedicated for 64 Mo devices.

Status of the roms:

Roms (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch ( because it's lite it's no more "FingerUI"): classic lite release
A10: WM6.5.x Classic lite(28002) WWE
features:
--Showcase.
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
To add any other WM6.5 feature to the A10 rom try to use x51v A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).
--This branch has magnifier feature and new contact management.
This rom have a default page pool value of 4.8 Mo and will boot with more than 25 Mo free running with Titanium.

Roms (5574) 5.2.21876 WM6.5.x com2 ("Stylus UI"): classic lite release
A10: WM6.5.x Classic lite(21876) WWE
features:
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
To add any other WM6.5 feature to the A10 rom try to use x51v A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).
The roms has a default page pool value of 4.8 Mo. The A11 rom will boot with more than 30 Mo free running with Titanium, you'll get more than 32 Mo if you disable Titanium. You can get even more if you tweak the rom.

(nota) IE6 Mobile is removed from all those roms. UC will install Office Mobile (+ locksreen dpi for 5CFA), and will kick with filesys.exe after reset, You'll have to wait 5 minutes to start benefit the full speed rom (when filesys goes down to 0% of cpu).

You can only flash your x50v with these roms, if your device is running WM5 aku 2.3.1 or higher. If you attempt to flash over a WM2003 bootloader, you will brick your device.

If you like my roms I hope you will make a small donation.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Paveld_PPEditor.zip - [Click for QR Code] (337.2 KB, 1339 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to makuu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IM0001
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Awesome!

I have been waiting for a 6.5 X50V rom. This device still has life left in it.

Now to just get the 128MB ram upgrade.

Thank You!

koliberk
Old
(Last edited by koliberk; 4th December 2009 at 10:52 PM.) Reason: downloaded, flashed, works grate!
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks

Downloading...
Will try this with my x50v, as the old 6.1 is not so good.

Thank You very much

Works AWESOME !!!
Very fast and stable, for now TomTom works there fast, as I use x50v as in car navigation system. Do you know how to put TomTom icon/shortcut on today screen?

ymlin123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great, I already flash wm6.5. It works perfectly. Fast and stable.
Thanks, Makuu

zsdja
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great! I have been waiting for a very long time for it, many thanks for the hard work!

mistm
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I will try out. Thanks for your ROM.
now: Galaxy Nexus
before: HTC Desire Z
before: HTC Touch Pro2 - Jackos SmartMove 1.9
"He who hasn't hacked assembly language as a youth has no heart. He who does as an adult has no brain."
-----------------
Blog: www.nuc.cz

hondoslack
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Very nice, pretty good for stylusless operation. Love the touch to scroll.

Question: I've been hoping and longing (for a long time) to have the ability to completely turn this thing off, or do a "full power off", like the x51. I only use the device every now and then, and it pisses me off to no end that when I DO go to use it, half the time the battery is dead or almost dead. I had an x51 before this, that I sold, so that I could buy this one. I could go weeks without charging the x51, since I could shut it down, but not so with this here x50v.

Does ANYONE know how to full power off, or completely shut down an x50v with this ROM, or some other ROM? Thanks!

mistm
Old
Thanks Meter 14
maybe try this: slide2shutdown

As for new ROM it works nice. I dont use device anymore but finally I got there WM6.5 with everything working. I am planning to use it as a mp3 player in my badroom. If I were not a student I would donate. Thank you for your work.
now: Galaxy Nexus
before: HTC Desire Z
before: HTC Touch Pro2 - Jackos SmartMove 1.9
"He who hasn't hacked assembly language as a youth has no heart. He who does as an adult has no brain."
-----------------
Blog: www.nuc.cz

CalcProgrammer1
Old
Thanks Meter 543
...the one week I decide to leave my X50v at home because I didn't think I'd need it, a super awesome development comes out for it. That's my luck, but I'll be sure to install this on my X50v (currently WM6.1) when I get home next week. It looks incredible!

jclampy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Wow, great stuff Makuu!

Can't believe my eyes, WM6.5...

Great stuff Makuu!!!

I don't have my X50v anymore but I still want to acknowledge you for your achievements. Well done!