FYI, when you get your phone wet, the worst thing to do is try to turn it on... next time, take the battery out, leave the back off, slide open the keyboard, and put it in a bag of instant white rice for a couple days. This is your best bet it will survive to live for a bit longer, but will eventually stop working down the road as connections rust...
You can also give it a dip in rubbing alcohol prior to putting it in the rice, this will force some of the water off/out of connections, and clean it a bit. And since rubbing alcohol isn't water, and doesn't effect electrical circuits like water does, no harm. Still do the bag of rice for a couple days trick, though.
And one last thing, it is never the battery! Never, never, never! The battery is water proof, and doesn't die from short circuits(which is what happens when the phone gets wet, and is what causes instant death)
Me: LG Thrill, rooted, et al
Wife: Infuse, slaps my hand away before I can root it...