Last update: 10-Feb-2011.
Let me introduce to you my own variant of anti-thief system for PDAs.
Program is written in native C++ and does not require anything like .net framework.
Before using this software, its strongly recommended to backup your device including storage card!
Crimson Lock is guard system for your PDA. It enables you to control your device in the case of its stealing or loss. You can send special SMS-commands from the regular cellular phone.
App has many features, that distinguish it from the similar security systems:
Unique features not found in similar apps are marked with asterisk (*)
- All screen resolutions are supported (except square qVGA).
- Device lock with/without password.
- Loud alarm.
- Several SIM cards can be specified.
- Tracking events: calls/SMS/softreset/GSM-off.
- (*) Enhanced protection. Its extremely hard to destroy the program when the protection is enabled!
- (*) Customized behaviour on different events.
- (*) Support for multi-SIM-cards.
- (*) Package export for inserting into ROM.
- (*) Export and import of settings.
- (*) Create package to autorun from storage card.
- (*) Support for PDAs with two slots for SIM cards.
- (*) Force enable/disable phone module.
- (*) Embedding owner's information (name, address, etc.).
- (*) Support for unallowed programs.
- (*) Block incoming/outgoing calls and SMS messages.
- (*) Temporary configuration, if the main one is not writable.
- (*) Forced accept calls from the trusted numbers.
- (*) Possibility to test lock/alarm/embedded info.
- (*) Block hardware buttons on forced call.
- (*) Switch on speakerphone on forced call.
- (*) System GPS-driver support as well as internal NMEA reader.
- (*) Four formats of coordinates, including URL to Google Maps.
Commands send via SMS enable you with the following capabilities:
- Query status (app version/protection/lock/UI presence/license state).
- Forced callback/call specified number.
- Lock device (with/without password)/unlock.
- Clear call log, contacts, SMS messages, tasks, appointments, whole PIM.
- Format storage card.
- Query coordinates from the GPS-receiver (single or location mode).
- Query info about cellular tower: CellID/LAC/MCC/MNC/BaseStation (single or location mode).
- Enable/disable alarm.
- Request for list of commonly used commands.
- (*) Change unlock key.
- (*) Display custom message.
- (*) Show embedded information.
- (*) Manage list of unallowed programs (add/delete/clear/enable/disable).
- (*) Mark current SIM card as "enemy".
- (*) Set new alarm number.
- (*) Isolation: remove UI and all the tracks from registry/filesystem.
- (*) Query HWID (application code) and remote licensing (imagine, that you've lost PDA, but did not license Crimson Lock).
- (*) Self-destruct of the program.
- Port to Android platform.
- Forced battery drain (not sure that is needed).
- Sending e-mails.
- Edit program settings on the PC.
- Handle G-sensor.
English .cab: CrimsonLock.1.32.en.CAB
List of commands: (PDF HandCard): en.zip
Also, on the program's site you can get localizations for German, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, Serbian and Bulgarian.
Home page: www.PocketImps.com
Default unlock key: 0000
You can purchase the license key on our home page.
Only for one month Crimson Lock has special price! The most comprehensive guardian costs its money, does not it?
Discussion of this project in Russian goes on: www.4pda.ru
History of changes:
- [+] Incorrect SMS commands are reported back.
- Fixed a bug with a list of predefined applications in some of language translations.
- Added waiting cursor while program start.
- [+] Bulgarian language by Krassy Krastev.
- Improved GPS locator: fixed an issue which prevented to run locator from cold start on some devices.
- [+] Answer for status command contains state of GPS/GSM locator.
- [+] Debug option added: ask permission for sending outgoing SMS messages.
- Length for name of trusted phone number has been increased.
- Improved phone numbers comparing while dialing.
- SMS message now also contains sender`s phone number if available.
- Date and time added to outgoing SMS messages.
- Commands selfdestruct causes softreset.
- Fixed a bug in handling of phone module disabling.
- Self-protection greatly improved. Especially against some tools.
- Minor visual improvements and fixes.
- Enemy command does not erase a registered SIM-card from the list. It becomes be marked as Enemy.
- Fixed a problem with editing of SIM cards and trusted phone numbers.
- Small issue with exporting a package for ROM.
- Protection module, that was extracted from the autorun package, is unable to run after soft-reset. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue that hung Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and HTC MAX 4G.
- While uninstalling its prompted to remove the package from storage card.
- Device lock could be avoided. Improved protection.
- Fixed incorrect call acceptance on some devices.
- [+] Serbian language by Vladan Tačić AKA psycho063.
- [+] Added easter egg!
- An autorun package after hard-reset runs after two minutes delay.
- GPS settings could be lost in some rare cases. Fixed.
- Some settings could be lost on reboot. Fixed.
- Fixed a mistake which could lead to critical failure after import of settings.