OP ToddeSwe

13th December 2009, 06:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alvesta
Thanks Meter: 82

2,535 posts
More
Hi!

When someone is sending Me a MMS with a picture it's scaled down, but when i send someone a picture it's in 800x480. How come? Is it a setting? I have set my to original size in settings.

And what about when you have a longer text diskussion the keyboard sort of goes over to number mode and you have to change keyboard to be able to type letters...
Last edited by ToddeSwe; 13th December 2009 at 07:18 PM.
6th January 2010, 03:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alvesta

2,535 posts
More
Is the question just to stupid to answer or what?

Please someone, this drives me crazy, and i have asked my friends to send mail for now when sending pictures.
6th January 2010, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 4,117

13,913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddeSwe

When someone is sending Me a MMS with a picture it's scaled down, but when i send someone a picture it's in 800x480. How come? Is it a setting? I have set my to original size in settings.

The "original size" setting has nothing to do with incoming stuff. That's resized on the sender's phone. A lot of my previous phones (mainly Nokia phones) insisted on shrinking images before sending them via MMS, so I'd imagine that's why you get small images - because they're sent small.

As for the keyboard problem, I use a qwerty keyboard, so I can't help as I've never seen the problem you're having. I have seen other people on here discussing it though, so a search may help.
6th January 2010, 03:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

573 posts
More
On O2 the pictures gets resized when the operator (o2) doesnt recongise the phone model and therefore it makes it smaller, I used to have this problem when I flashed different roms on my polaris as the o2 verion of the phone differed in name.

Theres a cab somewhere that sets your mms useragent to a nokia n95 or something, that does the trick if the HD2 is not supported by your opperator.
9th January 2010, 10:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alvesta

2,535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAND

On O2 the pictures gets resized when the operator (o2) doesnt recongise the phone model and therefore it makes it smaller, I used to have this problem when I flashed different roms on my polaris as the o2 verion of the phone differed in name.

Theres a cab somewhere that sets your mms useragent to a nokia n95 or something, that does the trick if the HD2 is not supported by your opperator.

Sounds interresting

Will try a search for mms useragent then
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread