Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

MyTouch/Sapphire housing

OP iPhone iWing

14th December 2009, 07:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

223 posts
Hey all! I just wanted to share what I found. Not to sure if anyone found this and or mentioned it here somewhere. I looked around and saw another post asking about it. But thats all I saw. I am not sure how easy it is to dis-assemble the device and or how well the housing varies with hardware. I changed my T-Mobile Wing into the HTC 4520 with housing replacement, yes they were the exact same hardware wise yet some components were off some how. I had changed more then a few others that wanted the HTC branded housing and same so idk. I'm going to order one of these soon so i will share with pics of my experience unless someone does it first. Here you all go.

http://www.truesupplier.com/_search....=1&q=htc+magic

ps: trackballs too!!!!!!!!
18th December 2009, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1

139 posts
More
Nice! Too bad the custom ones are ugly as hell
20th December 2009, 10:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

80 posts
Nice I was JUST looking for housings. Thanks for the heads up!
20th December 2009, 07:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 16

581 posts
More
Just in case you guys aren't aware, 32A and 32B motherboards are different, so a HTC Magic housing will not fit a MyTouch, and vice versa.
22nd December 2009, 08:29 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

223 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masr1979

Just in case you guys aren't aware, 32A and 32B motherboards are different, so a HTC Magic housing will not fit a MyTouch, and vice versa.

ya i had a feeling about this. but i think im still gonna try and see what needs to be modded. you never know, htc might have made the molds the same so they dont lose on machining time. like i said in op my wing and the 4520 were off by just a lil but i still got it to work 100%. I only had to switch out the keyboards so i bet this will probably work. I will get it and try it out for mt3g users.
24th December 2009, 02:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 16

581 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone iWing

ya i had a feeling about this. but i think im still gonna try and see what needs to be modded. you never know, htc might have made the molds the same so they dont lose on machining time. like i said in op my wing and the 4520 were off by just a lil but i still got it to work 100%. I only had to switch out the keyboards so i bet this will probably work. I will get it and try it out for mt3g users.

I'm speaking from personal experience. I bought a G2 case from ebay, and the case has some holes on the opposite side of where the MyTouch case has them. I ordered a second one and had to return it because despite asking the seller in advance if it indeed was for a MyTouch and not an HTC branded phone they didn't have the right one. I've seen recently that some have started popping out on ebay that state "will fit US models" or something to that effect, these should be safe. My advice is to ask before you buy if it will fit a T-Mobile MyTouch, and what happens if it doesn't fit after you order it.
25th December 2009, 10:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 9

50 posts
More
yep i can confirm. the thickness is different. but i managed to match them i have a 32a front and back pannel (black). And 32b middle section (silver UK Vodafone stock). This works just fine. Otherwise your vibration motor will never work since it is to tight.
15th January 2010, 12:45 AM   |  #8  

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmesler

yep i can confirm. the thickness is different. but i managed to match them i have a 32a front and back pannel (black). And 32b middle section (silver UK Vodafone stock). This works just fine. Otherwise your vibration motor will never work since it is to tight.

I double that, I just figuered that out the other day while I was trying to change the housing for my magic.
29th January 2010, 01:35 AM   |  #9  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8

262 posts
More
I was wondering if anyone has found a source for a housing replacement that will automatically fit the 32B? I am in search of one and can't seem to find one. I found some that say mytouch compatible but I think they will have the same issue as mentioned here about being different on the inside.

Thanks.
2nd February 2010, 09:34 PM   |  #10  

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typedink

I was wondering if anyone has found a source for a housing replacement that will automatically fit the 32B? I am in search of one and can't seem to find one. I found some that say mytouch compatible but I think they will have the same issue as mentioned here about being different on the inside.

Thanks.

Same here. In need of a new housing. There must be SOMEWHERE we can get one. Anyone? Help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread