Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cross compiling for ARM

Tip us?

ehowe01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cross compiling for ARM

I'm trying to set up an environment on my Desktop for compiling applications for the Droid. I have tried everything I've seen for setting up this environment, but all of the guides I've seen seems to be a few years old and are either broken or the instructions are so out dated that they no longer apply. Does anybody have the steps needed to get this working?

I have access to numerous Linux boxes running different distros. Offhand I have access to Fedora 11, CentOS 4 and 5, Debian Lenny, and *shudder* Gentoo. If your instructions are for a specific distro, chances are I can get a box set up with it so send them along please :)

Any advice on getting this set up would be appreciated.

l3v5y
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Moving to Android Development, since this seems kinda Androidy. Let me know if you disagree!

ehowe01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I seem to have solved my own problem on this one, but for anyone else that is interested, I ended up using an application called scratchbox, I got it at http://www.scratchbox.org/ and followed the instructions in their documentation. It uses qemu to emulate the ARM processor. For the Droid I used the arm7 toolchain package. Once I had it installed I ran it and was able to compile for the ARM without a problem, just make sure to remember to use STATIC=1 when you run your make, otherwise you will get "not found" error when running on the device.