[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

OP Captain_Throwback

13th April 2010, 12:01 PM   |  #1361  
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks Meter: 58

440 posts
More
Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

@all
For anyone that wants to use the Facebook tab with the ROM, I just posted a TEST cab install for it that requires no manual intervention. Feel free to try it, and if you have any issues, please report it in that thread.

first thanks for great work as always with your Roms.
i installed the facebook tab and its working fine except when you go from the Facebook tab >menu>facebook app i get signature error (facebook.exe cannot be opened either it is not signed with......etc) and by the way i have facebook installed.
so far thats the only thing other wise very nice thanks.
13th April 2010, 12:06 PM   |  #1362  
Flag Alba Iulia
Thanks Meter: 12

364 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by semsem1969

first thanks for great work as always with your Roms.
i installed the facebook tab and its working fine except when you go from the Facebook tab >menu>facebook app i get signature error (facebook.exe cannot be opened either it is not signed with......etc) and by the way i have facebook installed.
so far thats the only thing other wise very nice thanks.

To fix this, just go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila and change the path for the facebook program from "Facebook.LaunchApp0"="\Windows\Facebook.exe " to "Facebook.LaunchApp0"="\Program Files\Facebook\Facebook.exe ". Soft reset and you are ready to go.
13th April 2010, 01:03 PM   |  #1363  
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks Meter: 58

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyluca

To fix this, just go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila and change the path for the facebook program from "Facebook.LaunchApp0"="\Windows\Facebook.exe " to "Facebook.LaunchApp0"="\Program Files\Facebook\Facebook.exe ". Soft reset and you are ready to go.

thank you very much .working fine.
13th April 2010, 02:51 PM   |  #1364  
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Flag XDA Server Likes: The Art of War Hates: Cowards
Thanks Meter: 507

9,828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Zach

Well, the option is there, it's just... non-modal/selectable. (Grayed Out).

I tried a work-around, enabling my WiFi through the Start Menu > Settings > Connections menu, connected to my router. Then, while still connected, go to the Comm Manager, and it's still grayed out. It's enabled in the Comm Manager (The Slider is "On"), but still inaccessible.

@ a pop shot try enabling microsoft direct push, this used to invoke the wi-fi button on Kaiser when was greyed out.
13th April 2010, 05:14 PM   |  #1365  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Suggestion
Hey I just wanted to say I think this is the second best ROM build made so far hense start button for ver. 23554, and professionalism of icon look. There are ac couple reason this is ranted 2nd to me. I have tried almost ALL Roms made for Fuze and the best would have to be TAEL. It would be nice if you could create or cook a new like Iphone threaded SMS system in the rom. Not necessarily like iphone, but u know what I mean. I love the GUI but the internal applications could be better. Such as Wi-Fi app.....You may have one on your Rom but it's hard to find along with other apps.......and maybe if you could try to work in an app such as Adobe Flash Player 10. I am not downgrading your ROM cause like I said I would pick yours over energy roms or any rom except for TAEL. The only thing wrong with TAEL is they only have 2 Themes...lol.

Thank you for your time.
Brandon
13th April 2010, 05:28 PM   |  #1366  
OP Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,940

11,211 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ran into a "doozie" with the 21898 Sense 2.1 ROM.

In my Comm Manager, I can't enable, or even disable, my Wi-Fi.

If/When I go to my Connections Setup (Start > Setup > Connections), I can enable & disable my Wi-Fi there... so I know it's not a Physical issue.

Any suggestions?

Other than that, Cap, this is the best & fastest ROM I've seen & used. No issues, besides the Wi-Fi, but I don't use Wi-Fi too much. (I'd still like to fix it though, if possible).

Quote:

Well, the option is there, it's just... non-modal/selectable. (Grayed Out).

I tried a work-around, enabling my WiFi through the Start Menu > Settings > Connections menu, connected to my router. Then, while still connected, go to the Comm Manager, and it's still grayed out. It's enabled in the Comm Manager (The Slider is "On"), but still inaccessible.

Well, I just flashed the ROM (after flashing to stock first, going back into bootloader at align screen, flashing the ROM, & then hard-resetting at align screen), and the attached screenshots show what my Comm Manager looks like (fresh off hard reset, with only UC apps installed).

As you can see, the Wi-Fi toggle in Comm Manager is working fine for me. That means you may need a good flash back to stock, re-flash, or maybe just a hard reset, and hopefully that should get it working again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100413122358.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	308727   Click image for larger version

Name:	100413122413.png
Views:	11
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	308728   Click image for larger version

Name:	100413122426.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	308729  
13th April 2010, 05:29 PM   |  #1367  
Flag Cateret, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1,200

1,728 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormwizzle

Hey I just wanted to say I think this is the second best ROM build made so far hense start button for ver. 23554, and professionalism of icon look. There are ac couple reason this is ranted 2nd to me. I have tried almost ALL Roms made for Fuze and the best would have to be TAEL. It would be nice if you could create or cook a new like Iphone threaded SMS system in the rom. Not necessarily like iphone, but u know what I mean. I love the GUI but the internal applications could be better. Such as Wi-Fi app.....You may have one on your Rom but it's hard to find along with other apps.......and maybe if you could try to work in an app such as Adobe Flash Player 10. I am not downgrading your ROM cause like I said I would pick yours over energy roms or any rom except for TAEL. The only thing wrong with TAEL is they only have 2 Themes...lol.

Thank you for your time.
Brandon

Keep in mind that as Cap has said on several occasions the ROM is setup as he likes it .. Hence it being Captain Throwbacks ROM .. and it is made as it is for easy customization to how each user likes it. Options like the iphone thing wont appeal to all so just add it after install and you are all set. As for flash, flashlite player is already included but you can upgrade if you like. I am not sure what WiFI app in particular you are having trouble finding but all the regulars are there.

I think the important thing to remember is that the cooks put their own free time into these ROMS and can not cater to each users personal choices.
13th April 2010, 06:15 PM   |  #1368  
Flag Sterling, IL
Thanks Meter: 15

535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez

@ a pop shot try enabling microsoft direct push, this used to invoke the wi-fi button on Kaiser when was greyed out.

Worked. Appreciate the tip.

I'll try to figure out the combination of Running Apps, or previously run apps, that causes it:: And attempt to prevent it. :P
Last edited by Agent Zach; 13th April 2010 at 06:20 PM.
13th April 2010, 09:54 PM   |  #1369  
OP Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,940

11,211 posts
Donate to Me
More
Co0kie's Home Tab
With the AMAZING features of the newest version of CHT (1.7.0), I may decide to include this (along w/CHT Editor) in the next round of Sense 2.5 ROMs. The newest version includes a FULLY compatible Manila Locker with multiple options (HD Mini, Manila, or classic WM style). I think it's too good NOT to include, in fact. Note, of course, that I have no current plans to update the ROMs, as the current versions seem to be working quite well. In the meantime, I'd definitely recommend checking it out.
13th April 2010, 10:07 PM   |  #1370  
Flag Cateret, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1,200

1,728 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

With the AMAZING features of the newest version of CHT (1.7.0), I may decide to include this (along w/CHT Editor) in the next round of Sense 2.5 ROMs. The newest version includes a FULLY compatible Manila Locker with multiple options (HD Mini, Manila, or classic WM style). I think it's too good NOT to include, in fact. Note, of course, that I have no current plans to update the ROMs, as the current versions seem to be working quite well. In the meantime, I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

I like the sound of that ..CHT Ver1.7 is looking great

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
6.5, cab man, fuze, htc touch pro, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, t-back, vga port, windows mobile 6.5
Previous Thread Next Thread