[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

19th December 2009, 03:02 AM   |  #11  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 4

116 posts
More
manila 2.1 sense is amazing, i've flashed the 21885 but i'll say what i think of it so far based on that i'm a TP user not fuze
- it'd be great if u post a cab for the latest amarullz Rhodium Phone Canvas or his latest qilin with video call working
- icons for the accesories, multimedia...etc folders
- settings icon in the start menu takes me to the manila settings page instead of windows settings which i dont like, coz if i click on settings in windows menu then i want the windows settings folder
...thats about if for now, i'll keep on testin & tell u wt else i find
i c my self sticking with ur rom if i can make another version "or with cabs" to fit TP as much as it fits FUZE
great work mate...thx
19th December 2009, 03:39 AM   |  #12  
Flag Alexandria

116 posts
More
apps i think will be handy for most users
*REMOVED*
EDIT: sry abt that just read the More Information section
i cant find anything in album about social network or uploader...shouldnt it be included or did i miss understand !!!
cheers
Last edited by wakady; 19th December 2009 at 03:53 AM.
19th December 2009, 03:46 AM   |  #13  

57 posts
More
Does the 2.1 Sense have Landscape support?
19th December 2009, 03:46 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 26

124 posts
Pagepool Size...
Posted this question on the ED/TP thread as well, but I guess this one will probably become the more active of the two threads. Looks like the pagepool is set to 6 megs on each of the 3 builds. Seems a little on the low side these days, though I must admit that I have yet to really test out the performance. I thought the raph's sweet spot was around 16 to 20 megs. Just curious if the chef has intentionally set it to 6 megs for optimal performance?
19th December 2009, 03:55 AM   |  #15  
Flag Alexandria

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccola159

Does the 2.1 Sense have Landscape support?

yes it does its manila 2.1 so it hv full landscape support
19th December 2009, 03:58 AM   |  #16  
Flag Alexandria

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoam

Posted this question on the ED/TP thread as well, but I guess this one will probably become the more active of the two threads. Looks like the pagepool is set to 6 megs on each of the 3 builds. Seems a little on the low side these days, though I must admit that I have yet to really test out the performance. I thought the raph's sweet spot was around 16 to 20 megs. Just curious if the chef has intentionally set it to 6 megs for optimal performance?

+1
captain is it worth it changing PP to 16 or 20 ??
19th December 2009, 08:11 AM   |  #17  
Flag Alba Iulia
Thanks Meter: 12

364 posts
More
Great!!! Sense 2.1 is finaly available. Christmans comes earlyer this year. I'll give it a try.
19th December 2009, 12:55 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
Hi Capt,
Using your 21885 w Sense 2.1 and it is amazing. Would like to know
- How to disable vibration caused by pressing Manila Tabs (People,Message etc.)?
- Batterry drained very fast. Will it be better after couple charges ?
Thanks, Bhumdech
19th December 2009, 03:07 PM   |  #19  
Flag Alba Iulia
Thanks Meter: 12

364 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhumdech

Hi Capt,
- How to disable vibration caused by pressing Manila Tabs (People,Message etc.)?
Thanks, Bhumdech

To disable vibration use attached cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zelendel Remove_Vibrate.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.1 KB, 70 views)
19th December 2009, 03:13 PM   |  #20  
OP Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,583

10,822 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakady

manila 2.1 sense is amazing, i've flashed the 21885 but i'll say what i think of it so far based on that i'm a TP user not fuze
- it'd be great if u post a cab for the latest amarullz Rhodium Phone Canvas or his latest qilin with video call working
- icons for the accesories, multimedia...etc folders
- settings icon in the start menu takes me to the manila settings page instead of windows settings which i dont like, coz if i click on settings in windows menu then i want the windows settings folder
...thats about if for now, i'll keep on testin & tell u wt else i find
i c my self sticking with ur rom if i can make another version "or with cabs" to fit TP as much as it fits FUZE
great work mate...thx

I think for the next go-round I'll make a TP ROM as well, that doesn't include the AT&T Customizations, comes with the keyboard pre-mapped to the TP layout, uses Opera w/o the AT&T Proxy Settings, and includes amarullz's Rhodium Dialer w/Video Call.

As far as the Settings icon, the one in the Start Menu is actually a shortcut. You can delete it, and change this registry key to get the regular one back:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]
"HideSettings"=dword:0
Quote:

apps i think will be handy for most users
*REMOVED*
EDIT: sry abt that just read the More Information section
i cant find anything in album about social network or uploader...shouldnt it be included or did i miss understand !!!
cheers

The Album in the Sense 2.5 ROM is the one that includes Social Networking Support. It's doesn't integrate so well with 2.1 (the Facebook Engine conflicts with the one for Manila)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoam

Quote:

+1
captain is it worth it changing PP to 16 or 20 ??

I usually set my PagePool to 16MB. I've been rebuilding my kitchen & must've just forgot to change it. I'll do that for the next (set of) ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhumdech

Hi Capt,
Thanks, Bhumdech

Battery drain *may* get better, but that may also depend on the radio you're using. I'm using the one that comes with the 5.11.502.2 AT&T ROM (Radio 1.14.25.35). Changing the radio might make a difference (but make sure you give it a few days to settle in).

I neglected to include the "Touch Options" applet in Settings that allows you to easily disable tab vibration (but I think it may also disable other vibration as well). Maybe I'll include it in the next one. In the meantime, you can disable it with this registry key:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings]
"ApVibrationOn"=dword:0 ;1=on, 0=off
EDIT: OR, install the cab posted above (thanks for the help, paulyluca)

I will (eventually) update the posts on the first page with this "important" information. It's my first ROM thread, so I'm still getting a feel for it .
Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 19th December 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
6.5, cab man, fuze, htc touch pro, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, t-back, vga port, windows mobile 6.5
Previous Thread Next Thread