Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Tip us?

Captain_Throwback
Old
(Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 22nd January 2010 at 03:40 AM.)
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
RELEASE:

21889 Fuze Build - No Manila

Here's the custom ROM I promised:

2010-01-21_Cap_Special_NO_MANILA_21889_FUZE.rar

I think I included almost everything I include in the other ROMs, just no version of Sense. On first boot, usage was at 32%, according to HTC Task Manager (and that's after Connection Setup ran). It's probably even lower on second boot.

Enjoy!

P.S. Let me know if calls show up correctly when the phone is locked. I neglected to include the HTC Lockscreen (and frankly, I don't even know if it'll integrate w/the old ATT S2A Dialer), but I can try that if there's a conflict.
Looks like the LockscreenAppLauncher is necessary. Also needed is a fix for the scrolling (or lack thereof) in the Dialer (which is inconsistent at best). I'm attaching the fixes here:

LockScreenAppLauncher_1_0_1918_3724.cab - HTC Lockscreen - works correctly with the stock ATT Dialer - otherwise there's a big delay before the Slide-to-Answer shows up.

S2A Dialer Fix - This fixes the blurry scrolling in the Dialer. Sometimes it doesn't scroll right, but it's better than it is without it .

P.S. There's also a couple of blank menu options in the Dialer, one of which brings up an error message. But I don't think they're important, and they don't affect the functioning of the Dialer. I guess that's what happens when you use an old dialer on a new ROM . . .
Attached Files
File Type: cab S2A_Dialer_Fix.cab - [Click for QR Code] (941.7 KB, 10 views)
Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005

Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 56019
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003

Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460

peeps
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinkovich View Post
Can you put a link to the one you used?
cab attached...
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sense_Flip_Disable_VGA_2.5[1].cab - [Click for QR Code] (30.2 KB, 22 views)
Nokia Lumia 920 - Cyan
Carrier: AT&T

knitron
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still no luck

Quote:
Hm. Try installing this instead: ww.mediafire.com/?ommgm3gz13z (thanks to tboy2000 for the upload). It may not be the actual framework that's the issue; it may be this particular component that's missing. See if that will install, and hopefully, if it does, it'll solve your problem.
Unfortunately I didn't work. It may be a framework issue cause I have found a few other posts with the same type/looking error but to do with different programs and they seemed to have fixed my changing frameworks, most of them upgraded though. It uses WM Conduit to load and update the software onto the phone so I have to use activesync.

Unfortunately I am really new to all of this and just am exciting I flashed my ROM with out bricking my phone. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help and the upgraded ROM the other on was too dang slow and kept locking up. Thanks again for the help.

hlm818
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Only the 21889 ROMs have the HTC Task Manager. In the 23518 versions, it would be essentially useless.

@hlm818
RELEASE:

21889 Fuze Build - No Manila

Here's the custom ROM I promised:

2010-01-21_Cap_Special_NO_MANILA_21889_FUZE.rar

I think I included almost everything I include in the other ROMs, just no version of Sense. On first boot, usage was at 32%, according to HTC Task Manager (and that's after Connection Setup ran). It's probably even lower on second boot.

Enjoy!

P.S. Let me know if calls show up correctly when the phone is locked. I neglected to include the HTC Lockscreen (and frankly, I don't even know if it'll integrate w/the old ATT S2A Dialer), but I can try that if there's a conflict.
Quote:
Looks like the LockscreenAppLauncher is necessary. Also needed is a fix for the scrolling (or lack thereof) in the Dialer (which is inconsistent at best). I'm attaching the fixes here:

LockScreenAppLauncher_1_0_1918_3724.cab - HTC Lockscreen - works correctly with the stock ATT Dialer - otherwise there's a big delay before the Slide-to-Answer shows up.

S2A Dialer Fix - This fixes the blurry scrolling in the Dialer. Sometimes it doesn't scroll right, but it's better than it is without it .

P.S. There's also a couple of blank menu options in the Dialer, one of which brings up an error message. But I don't think they're important, and they don't affect the functioning of the Dialer. I guess that's what happens when you use an old dialer on a new ROM . . .
Downloading now and will flash and test today. You are AWESOME!! If I have a problem with the dialer/lock screen with the fixes, could I install the dialer you cook in to the manila versions over it?

Also, is this version UC capable? Obviously I won't use it the first time I flash so I can makes sure things work, but for future reference.
Current device: AT&T Samsung Focus
Previous devices: HTC Tilt (Upgraded), HTC Fuze (Broken)

hlm818
Old
(Last edited by hlm818; 22nd January 2010 at 03:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Still testing, but one thing. I don't think this dialer is going to work. It has that stupid bug that we all had when 6.5 originally came out: the overlapping when scrolling through call history. Attached a screen shot.

Another question: Are there settings somewhere for HTC volume control? I like to have the default tab system so I leave the ringer alone when I adjust the volume?

Side notes: there are 2 task managers is settings-system (I can delete one from the start menu, but I don't think I can uninstall)
Accessories folder is an outlook icon (no big deal, I change my icons any ways)
Kind of weird, but my battery/plugged in icon keeps disappearing

EDIT: S2A fix cab does not work. Says "it does not have sufficient system permissions." Do I need to kill something before install?

I do want to say, this is SUPER fast, opens \windows in less than 15 sec! Everything is looking great. I greatly appreciate all of the work you put in to make me a ROM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen01.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	271042  

Captain_Throwback
Old
(Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 22nd January 2010 at 03:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitron View Post
Unfortunately I didn't work. It may be a framework issue cause I have found a few other posts with the same type/looking error but to do with different programs and they seemed to have fixed my changing frameworks, most of them upgraded though. It uses WM Conduit to load and update the software onto the phone so I have to use activesync.

Unfortunately I am really new to all of this and just am exciting I flashed my ROM with out bricking my phone. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help and the upgraded ROM the other on was too dang slow and kept locking up. Thanks again for the help.
Which ROM are you using? I can cook you one without the .NETCF 3.5 included in the SYS, and have the .NETCF 3.5 CAB install during customization. That should get you up & running. Let me know, and I'll cook it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm818 View Post
Downloading now and will flash and test today. You are AWESOME!! If I have a problem with the dialer/lock screen with the fixes, could I install the dialer you cook in to the manila versions over it?
I don't see why not, though you'll need to follow the same instructions I posted below to install a different dialer. Though I tested the fixes, and they work fine.

Quote:
Also, is this version UC capable? Obviously I won't use it the first time I flash so I can makes sure things work, but for future reference.
Of course. I haven't really changed anything besides the Dialer & not including Manila.

Quote:
Still testing, but one thing. I don't think this dialer is going to work. It has that stupid bug that we all had when 6.5 originally came out: the overlapping when scrolling through call history. Attached a screen shot.
That's what the Dialer fix CAB fixes. See my response below on your question about installing it.

Quote:
Another question: Are there settings somewhere for HTC volume control? I like to have the default tab system so I leave the ringer alone when I adjust the volume?
The Settings for HTC Volume Control are in Manila, of course. To change the default page, see my post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=205

Quote:
Side notes: there are 2 task managers is settings-system (I can delete one from the start menu, but I don't think I can uninstall)
Accessories folder is an outlook icon (no big deal, I change my icons any ways)
One is the M$ one, and the other is the HTC one. The M$ one comes with the SYS, so it's going to be there. If you really hate it being there, the shortcut can be deleted. I figured it didn't really hurt anything being there.

Yes, the Accessories icon is an Outlook icon. That's a folder icon from the Leo. All of my other ROMs are like that too.

Quote:
EDIT: S2A fix cab does not work. Says "it does not have sufficient system permissions." Do I need to kill something before install?
You have to kill cprog.exe prior to installing the CAB (as that's one of the things it replaces). Putting the phone into airplane mode couldn't hurt either.

Quote:
I do want to say, this is SUPER fast, opens \windows in less than 15 sec! Everything is looking great. I greatly appreciate all of the work you put in to make me a ROM
No problem. If you have any other issues, let me know

hlm818
Old
(Last edited by hlm818; 22nd January 2010 at 04:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Kind of weird, but my battery/plugged in icon keeps disappearing. I think it is happening when I am not on the home screen. This is not a big deal. I'll make sure it is staying there when on home screen

No biggie on the task manager, I'll just delete the shortcut.

Also, I have PIM Backup and Send Receive All as .exe. Where do I put them to create an shortcut in the start menu?

Quick GPS keeps opening and cannot update because "cradle not found." Never seen that before so not sure what to do about it

Captain_Throwback
Old
(Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 22nd January 2010 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Kind of weird, but my battery/plugged in icon keeps disappearing. I think it is happening when I am not on the home screen. This is not a big deal. I'll make sure it is staying there when on home screen
The top bar icons are actually linked to the dialer, somehow. Not really sure how, exactly, but I noticed that when I'm paired w/Stereo BT & headset, both icons show up now instead of just the one. Using older stuff breeds this kind of unpredictability, unfortunately.

EDIT: Actually, I think I know what's causing this. If you uninstall my custom battery icons, I bet it works fine. I forgot to take phcanoverbmp.dll out of the Phone Canvas package before cooking.

Quote:
No biggie on the task manager, I'll just delete the shortcut.
Ok, cool.

Quote:
Also, I have PIM Backup and Send Receive All as .exe. Where do I put them to create an shortcut in the start menu?
It doesn't matter where you put them. Wherever you put them, all you have to do is use File Explorer, Total Commander, or the like to create a shortcut for it under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs (though for PimBackup you could just use the CAB I made).

Quote:
Quick GPS keeps opening and cannot update because "cradle not found." Never seen that before so not sure what to do about it
That's a new one. I'll search around XDA to see if anyone else has seen that one before. You can always just disable QuickGPS from updating, since you shouldn't need it w/aGPS enabled anyway.

knitron
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Which ROM are you using? I can cook you one without the .NETCF 3.5 included in the SYS, and have the .NETCF 3.5 CAB install during customization. That should get you up & running. Let me know, and I'll cook it for you.
I am using ROM sense 2.5 build 28011, thanks a million

Captain_Throwback
Old
Thanks Meter 8735

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitron View Post
I am using ROM sense 2.5 build 28011, thanks a million
Hm . . . how attached to that version are you? The 23518 is way better (and WAY faster too). I guess I could cook you a 28011 if you really wanted it, though.

EDIT: Actually, I don't even have that version in this kitchen. I can acquire it, though. Just let me know.

Tags
6.5, cab man, fuze, htc touch pro, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, t-back, vga port, windows mobile 6.5