[APP][VGA][12.22.2009]HTC Sense 2.1.1920.2517 VGA Port

Search This thread

kimi_sae_ireba

Oct 25, 2007
for those who haven't made the switch to Sense 2.5, here is my complete vga port of Sense 2.1 (Manila 2.1.1920.2517). :)

scrn1.jpg
scrn2.jpg

VK Packages:

CAB install files:
(thanks to dharvey4651 for these cabs)

Sense 2.1.1920.2517.0.VGA.CFC for:
Combined Support CABs:

Individual Support CABs:note: the Album and New Contact Card in the Support Packages are for WM6.5 and may not work correctly for WM6.1. the HTCFramework/SharedResource are from the leo and may require additional packages not provided here. use the Rhodium Framework as an alternative.

Updates:

vk packages are meant for cooking into a rom. cabs for language addon packs will be added soon. the Tachi/Rhodium dialer is also required for full functionality. i included the WWE weather database as the default. you may replace it with your own localized database. (2330fc3c_manila)

it's possible to use different versions of these packages with the exception of the ContactUtilityEngine package. that one must be for manila 2.1 (ie you can't use one that was meant for manila 2.5).

Cab installation instructions:
  1. disable all Today items and soft reset
  2. install all combined support cabs for your OS OR all individual cabs for your OS
  3. install Sense 2.1
  4. soft reset

bug reports are welcomed on the off chance that i may have overlooked something during bug testing.

Note for CDMA users:
i integrated a mod to bypass the SIM card check when trying to send sms. make the following registry change:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"People.IsCDMA"=dword:1

big thanks to Chainfire for his awesome CFC tool and sztupy and 6Fg8 for their extremely helpful lua/mode9 tools.
special thanks to yozgatg, Captain_Throwback, TMartin03, dharvey4651, and all my testers :D

Donations aren't necessary but are welcomed nonetheless :)

Last edited:

kimi_sae_ireba

Oct 25, 2007
FAQ's

Q: I'm running WM6.1, what changes do I need to make?

A: make the following registry changes:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"IsWM6.5"=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"IsWM6.5"=dword:0

Q: Manila keeps crashing whenever I scroll down (or up) :eek:

A: there's a problem with HTCScroll. it may not even exist. try using another HTCScroll package. if you're using WM6.5, use the HTCScroll2 package. if all else fails, make the following registry change to use manila's built-in scrolling engine instead:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HTCScroll.Enable"=dword:0

Q: The animated weather on the home tab sometimes starts and sometimes doesn't. Is that a bug?

A: no, the animated weather only starts when the home tab was displayed before manila loses focus of the screen (ie opening/closing the start menu while on the home tab). by default, the animated weather will not appear if you use a custom wallpaper. use the weather wallpaper mod below to bypass that.

Tweaks/Mods

How to change the weather update frequency

Disable 01:02 clock flip (use 2.1 WVGA)

Modified manila.exe (2.1.1920.2517 CFC) by programatix that's been repositioned for WM6.5.x (large softkey bar)

CompactSense 2.1 by Kamill

Panoramic Background mod by mwalt2

Gen.Y Sense 2.1 Classic SMS mod by yozgatg

Carrier Network Provider mod (add carrier network text back to homescreen)

Back key workaround for Diamond/TouchPro by programatix

Calendar Appointment mod (use htc's appointment editor instead of default, requires calendar tab update)

Classic Icons mod for slider tab (use manila 2.1 tab icons)

People Messaging Mod (multi-page layout, text counter, and more)

Sense 2.1 Retractable Slider mod
Sense 2.1 BGMod (currently does BG4All)
Sense 2.1 WeatherWallpaperMod (allow animated weather over custom wallpaper)
Sense 2.1 Email Tab Add-on V3 ported from Sense 2.5* (VGA and WVGA, WVGA fix) screenshot
Sense 2.1 Calendar Tab Update* (VGA an WVGA) screenshot

*all grafix are cfc compressed. if you get white and/or corrupted grafix, then your manila.exe isn't patched to support cfc compression. you can either use CFC Gui to patch manila or mode9 editor to convert the compressed grafix back to standard qtc files.

Note: Manila 2.1 grafix/qtc mods should work fine as long as they are using the same filenames/dimensions as those on Sense 2.1

Attachments

• kimi_sae_ireba_sense2.1_RetractableSlider.cab
    56.5 KB · Views: 856
  • kimi_sae_ireba_sense2.1_BGMod.cab
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,709
  • kimi_sae_ireba_sense2.1_WeatherWallpaperMod.cab
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,195
  • kimi_sae_ireba_sense2.1_S25_Email_Tab_AddonV3.zip
    108.3 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
only problem i find from only avaiable don salari sense 2.1 ROM,it has old style people tab, i know only htc device that has 2.1 is htc touch2 and that says touchflo 2.0 in software info and has sense 2.5 style people tab?

XERO_Racer

Sep 8, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
by any chance mate you think its possible to port the twitter tab into sense 2.1?? thats the only drawback of me from getting 2.1 on my device

kimi_sae_ireba

Oct 25, 2007
only problem i find from only avaiable don salari sense 2.1 ROM,it has old style people tab, i know only htc device that has 2.1 is htc touch2 and that says touchflo 2.0 in software info and has sense 2.5 style people tab?

to put it simply, sense 2.1 is manila 2.1 with sense 2.5's weather clock + weather background. touchFlo 2.0 is the little brother of sense 2.5 in that it was designed to have similar ui elements (probably for parallel marketing purposes). htc may never officially put all the sense 2.5 features in sense 2.1 as an attempt to get you to purchase the newer devices with the newer interface. that doesn't mean we can't mod it ;)

by any chance mate you think its possible to port the twitter tab into sense 2.1?? thats the only drawback of me from getting 2.1 on my device

i haven't really looked into that yet. seeing as how manila 2.5 is modular in structure, it may not be possible.

sc00basteve

May 2, 2008
You are the man!!
Thanks for the work! I've been hoping to try a lighter Sense Interface.
(I wish They'd hand out Tegra chips with 2.5, hehe)

dwizzy130

Nov 14, 2007
I've already flashed my TP 4 times today so I guess a 5th with this included won't hurt.lol
Good work,

dwizzy130

M_Taylor40

Mar 25, 2008
Durham, UK
Thanks kimi_sae_ireba!
I was just wondering what needs to be changed for WM6.1? I'm planning on releasing a "stock" WM6.1 ROM with your Sense 2.1 but I'm not sure what registry entries will need changing.
If you could post this in your reserved thread so it's there for everyone to see straight away that would be great!
I might not mind my GF getting a HD2 once I get this on my Touch Pro lol.
Thanks again Kimi!
M_Taylor40

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
I have a lil problem with My Location. When I update it doesn't update. Says " No weather data available" but if I manually add a city it updates perfect. What I'm a missing or whats wrong. :confused:

Please help...
Best Regards

donsalari

Apr 12, 2009
Bermuda Triangle
to put it simply, sense 2.1 is manila 2.1 with sense 2.5's weather clock + weather background. touchFlo 2.0 is the little brother of sense 2.5 in that it was designed to have similar ui elements (probably for parallel marketing purposes). htc may never officially put all the sense 2.5 features in sense 2.1 as an attempt to get you to purchase the newer devices with the newer interface. that doesn't mean we can't mod it ;)

Thanks for the release bro. It will be really amazing to have the "people" tab from 2.5 to 2.1! It will probably be the best manila ever!

And hey "Tachi/Rhodium dialer" is NOT always required. The only problem faced without it is that when we reply to a message from the message tab, manila crashes. Thats why I have removed message enhancement from my ROM. So now you have to get into "messaging" to reply (but at least manila doesn't crash!)

Regards
DS

Last edited:

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Thanks Kimi !
You must have really worked hard.
Great Job Finally a new stable Manila/SENSE with a Weather clock.
Good to see this thread up after big time BETA testing.
Tried SENSE 2.1 on Captain_Throwback's ROM for Raphael works likea charm and good to see a Landscape which is original and clean :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Regards.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks but still same. :confused:
Drive to another town and try it :). I get the same thing at my home, but it works elsewhere (ie 12 miles south in another town or 900 miles away in another state). I think the problem lies in whatever database HTC uses to base your city off of your GPS location. I would assume that database is on a server and not on the phone locally (if it is on the phone, it might be able to be edited). Even if it does work in my house, it says I'm in a town 30 miles away...but it's accurate when I go to work in a larger town.

Thanks for the port kimi_sae_ireba!

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Drive to another town and try it :). I get the same thing at my home, but it works elsewhere (ie 12 miles south in another town or 900 miles away in another state). I think the problem lies in whatever database HTC uses to base your city off of your GPS location. I would assume that database is on a server and not on the phone locally (if it is on the phone, it might be able to be edited). Even if it does work in my house, it says I'm in a town 30 miles away...but it's accurate when I go to work in a larger town.

Thanks for the port kimi_sae_ireba!

Ok thats good. Just wanna confirm that so that user don't bug me. :p

Top Liked Posts