FORUMS

Root explorer

122 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By shark0807, Senior Member on 1st January 2010, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in £'s, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?

4th January 2010, 04:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
there is a root option on ES File Explorer (free app). i have never used it tho, so i can't say if it works at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to nuumuun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2010, 09:53 PM |#3  
Flag West Central Florida on the Gulf of Mexico
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I like Astro File Manager, a free app in the Market. I like it.
26th January 2010, 10:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdisanza

I like Astro File Manager, a free app in the Market. I like it.

astro is nice, but you can't view root system files.
26th January 2010, 10:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I just SSH in, you can see everything I think.
27th January 2010, 05:32 AM |#6  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark0807

Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in £'s, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?

dude...i have no issues buying apps priced in non-dollar currency. it requires i use my visa instead of amex...hope this helps..........
6th May 2010, 10:10 PM |#7  
Flag Twin Cities
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You can try to use EStrongs File Explorer, there is a root user option in the prefs. I have not had success so far but feel free to give it a try should you feel comfortable with the risk.
11th October 2010, 02:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.
The Following User Says Thank You to lms1407 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2010, 10:26 PM |#9  
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevolutionary

You can try to use EStrongs File Explorer, there is a root user option in the prefs. I have not had success so far but feel free to give it a try should you feel comfortable with the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms1407

It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.

Thanks to You both I was able to use EStrongs File Explorer to load The Htc fm radio widget and app to my system/app folder. Adb is pretty unreliable for me on Win7 64 bit.
17th January 2011, 06:13 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernox701

Thanks to You both I was able to use EStrongs File Explorer to load The Htc fm radio widget and app to my system/app folder. Adb is pretty unreliable for me on Win7 64 bit.

Rooted Evo on Sprint Lovers 3.7 1-10-11 update, Estrong's method worked for me. Need to enable Root in settings for Estrong and then choose the "Hiapk" option( CM was the only other option, and I wasn't on that, had no idea what hiapk was but went for it anyway!). Was able to easily copy my personalized widget.txt to the \system\customize folder, reboot, and the widgets that I wanted showed up right away.

Flawless.
17th January 2011, 06:39 PM |#11  
Flag Nelspruit
Thanks Meter: 5

More
try super manager in the market it works for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliotn For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)