XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root explorer

Tip us?

shark0807
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Root explorer

Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in 's, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?

nuumuun
Old
Thanks Meter 42
there is a root option on ES File Explorer (free app). i have never used it tho, so i can't say if it works at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to nuumuun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rdisanza
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I like Astro File Manager, a free app in the Market. I like it.
E4GT - Caulkin's E4GT 2 ROM v1.6 / Rogue Recovery ( CWM v5.0.2.8) / ICS 4.0.4 / Kernel 3.0.15 / FE 22 / SuperUser 3.0.7

Viewsonic 10" GTAB - VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition 7.1.0 / Kernel 2.6.32.41 / Android OS 2.3.5

Sprint 4G Now Network

West Central Florida

on the Gulf of Mexico, USA

If I have helped you, pls HIT the Thumbs Up!

shark0807
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdisanza View Post
I like Astro File Manager, a free app in the Market. I like it.
astro is nice, but you can't view root system files.

G8D
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I just SSH in, you can see everything I think.

lpasq
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark0807 View Post
Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in 's, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?
dude...i have no issues buying apps priced in non-dollar currency. it requires i use my visa instead of amex...hope this helps..........

trevolutionary
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You can try to use EStrongs File Explorer, there is a root user option in the prefs. I have not had success so far but feel free to give it a try should you feel comfortable with the risk.
HTC EVO 4G (004)
Kinged Shooter v2.0
Recovery: Amon-RA

lms1407
Old
Thanks Meter 37
It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.
The Following User Says Thank You to lms1407 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vernox701
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevolutionary View Post
You can try to use EStrongs File Explorer, there is a root user option in the prefs. I have not had success so far but feel free to give it a try should you feel comfortable with the risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms1407 View Post
It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.
Thanks to You both I was able to use EStrongs File Explorer to load The Htc fm radio widget and app to my system/app folder. Adb is pretty unreliable for me on Win7 64 bit.
Droid Incredible
....::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::....
ROM: [CM_10.1_byTiny4579]
C.W.M: 5.0.2.0

DEll STREAK_7
ROM:Android 3.22(514)
C.W.M: 6.0.1.2

Alexsoccerboy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernox701 View Post
Thanks to You both I was able to use EStrongs File Explorer to load The Htc fm radio widget and app to my system/app folder. Adb is pretty unreliable for me on Win7 64 bit.
Rooted Evo on Sprint Lovers 3.7 1-10-11 update, Estrong's method worked for me. Need to enable Root in settings for Estrong and then choose the "Hiapk" option( CM was the only other option, and I wasn't on that, had no idea what hiapk was but went for it anyway!). Was able to easily copy my personalized widget.txt to the \system\customize folder, reboot, and the widgets that I wanted showed up right away.

Flawless.