Root explorer

1st January 2010, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 8

110 posts
More
Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in 's, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?
4th January 2010, 03:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

384 posts
there is a root option on ES File Explorer (free app). i have never used it tho, so i can't say if it works at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to nuumuun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2010, 08:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag West Central Florida on the Gulf of Mexico
Thanks Meter: 11

217 posts
More
I like Astro File Manager, a free app in the Market. I like it.
26th January 2010, 09:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 8

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdisanza

I like Astro File Manager, a free app in the Market. I like it.

astro is nice, but you can't view root system files.
26th January 2010, 09:45 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 18

289 posts
I just SSH in, you can see everything I think.
27th January 2010, 04:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 182

1,282 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark0807

Just about everyone I've talked to about a good way to explore a rooted phone recommends Root explorer. I was a little put off on that it was not a free application, but I did attempt to buy it, only to end in failure. I can only assume that since I am a United States system ,and the Root Explorer's price is registered in 's, that there is an issue when purchasing applications with currency other than what is listed. So my question is this:

Is there an American equivalent to the Root Explorer, a way to get around the currency issue, or a free alternative?

dude...i have no issues buying apps priced in non-dollar currency. it requires i use my visa instead of amex...hope this helps..........
6th May 2010, 09:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Twin Cities
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
More
You can try to use EStrongs File Explorer, there is a root user option in the prefs. I have not had success so far but feel free to give it a try should you feel comfortable with the risk.
11th October 2010, 01:11 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 37

241 posts
More
It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.
The Following User Says Thank You to lms1407 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2010, 09:26 PM   |  #9  
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 76

888 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevolutionary

You can try to use EStrongs File Explorer, there is a root user option in the prefs. I have not had success so far but feel free to give it a try should you feel comfortable with the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms1407

It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.

Thanks to You both I was able to use EStrongs File Explorer to load The Htc fm radio widget and app to my system/app folder. Adb is pretty unreliable for me on Win7 64 bit.
17th January 2011, 05:13 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernox701

Thanks to You both I was able to use EStrongs File Explorer to load The Htc fm radio widget and app to my system/app folder. Adb is pretty unreliable for me on Win7 64 bit.

Rooted Evo on Sprint Lovers 3.7 1-10-11 update, Estrong's method worked for me. Need to enable Root in settings for Estrong and then choose the "Hiapk" option( CM was the only other option, and I wasn't on that, had no idea what hiapk was but went for it anyway!). Was able to easily copy my personalized widget.txt to the \system\customize folder, reboot, and the widgets that I wanted showed up right away.

Flawless.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread