5,604,507 Members 45,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Best Battery Life or Faster Device depends on PagePool
Best battery like in V5 = 16mb PagePool 233 43.39%
Faster Device with device total control of RAM = Dynamic PagePool 304 56.61%
Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

[Duttys™ HD2 Multi-Lang Legacy 23163 ROMs + Legacy Kitchen COOK Your own Dutty ROMs]

Tip us?

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 13444

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb09 View Post
Yeah, you could be right of course, but it's previously been assumed that SD card was safer because there was less opportunity for it to go wrong.
Flashing custom roms via microsd card with HardSPL is perfectly safe but some people are being silly and starting to flash EVERYTHING via microsd card. Doing this with a stock rom overwrites the HardSPL and puts a stock SPL back on the phone. If this is a v2.01 or later stock rom then the SPL cannot be downgraded and you will be stuck with it and not able to put HardSPL back on your phone.

People are flashing with no thought of the consequences so I can only assume dutty is advising people to flash via activesync to protect them from making stupid mistakes in the future.

I might well be wrong though haha

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by foney View Post
From what im reading, he disabled 3G in Comm manager, instead of removing it. The *.cab above removes the actual 3G option from the menu all together.

By the looks he will provide another cab that will enable the 3G thats currently just disabled
So...

With the cab installed, 3G will not connect?
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2]Stock N900UBUDNB2 FEB 14, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNA1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 13444

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
So...

With the cab installed, 3G will not connect?
I assume the only thing it will do is remove the toggle switch from the comm manager. 3G is still enabled and you can still switch between 3G and GSM through the settings, connection, advanced network screen.

foney
Old
(Last edited by foney; 17th February 2010 at 12:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Dutty, just a couple of quick questions / comments

1. Is there a way to disable the HTC icons (music, calendar, ereader etc) in the start menu permanently? I have the links in sense, so i dont want them there twice.

2. I like how you included the radio, however if a new one comes out and ive upgraded I have to reinstall the new one if i need to reflash for some reason.

3. Love the task manager in the top right, and the other one removed.

Thanks, and keep up the great work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
I assume the only thing it will do is remove the toggle switch from the comm manager. 3G is still enabled
Yep, sorry 3G is still enabled, the cab just removes the comm manager switch. The new cab he will put up soon i think will make the toggle work properly.

youmeus
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just wanted to say thanks Dutty for all your hard work...
Device: SGS3 International
ROM: Sotmax Ultimate V14
Kernel: Yank555.lu-V3.1c

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Yes, Dutty. Even my wife is impressed, and nothing about cell phones interests her. She even suggested that I could donate, which is another miracle in itself.

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

VizagDude
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default BLAZING Faaaaast ROM

Hey Dutty - I'm not sure how you manage to do this... But this ROM is Blazing fast. Amazing job. Loving every bit of it.
Nokia Lumia 900 Black

---------------------------------------------------
HTC HD2 Unbranded - Sold to XDA Member
HTC Touch Pro 2 - Sold to Howardforums Member
HTC Touch HD - Sold to XDA Member
HTC Polaris - Sold to XDA Member

jcrompton
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Flashing custom roms via microsd card with HardSPL is perfectly safe but some people are being silly and starting to flash EVERYTHING via microsd card. Doing this with a stock rom overwrites the HardSPL and puts a stock SPL back on the phone. If this is a v2.01 or later stock rom then the SPL cannot be downgraded and you will be stuck with it and not able to put HardSPL back on your phone.

People are flashing with no thought of the consequences so I can only assume dutty is advising people to flash via activesync to protect them from making stupid mistakes in the future.

I might well be wrong though haha
Man this is very scary! I have always done SD flashes and suggestedd to others to do so! Would it still be safe to say that for those of us that know the difference between stock ROMs and ROMs that don't change the bootloader that it would still be better to do SD flashes - or is that still not true ??

PS - I see where you are still running Dutty's .06 - is there a place I can download that or have you upgraded?
Galaxy Note 2

Thanks to all the Developers!

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Hope maybe you will rest, Dutty, and then consider cooking these into the next ROM...

* The boot screen still shows as G8, even though it is clearly v.09
* Fix the Com Manager 3G issue, so no patch is needed after a hard reset, etc.

Thanks.

Quote:

sev-o
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yesterday i flashed v0.8 on my HD2.

But still i want to try this one too

Keep up the good work!

Tags
best hd2 ever, best hd2 rom, duttys hd2 family rom, fastest hd2 rom, high performance hd2 rom, most stable hd2 rom, simplicity, tp2, tpii