Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

Bring Material Design Goodness to Your App with Support Library

At Google I/O 2014, the next iteration of Android was announced and … more

[REQ] Flashing Cooked ROMs from SD Card

OP vichet007

5th January 2010, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

205 posts
HSPL is released by bepe here but there is limitation of flashing ROM from SD Card if the cooked ROM image includes SPL.

Now Question and Request:

I am wondering if SPL can be removed from cooked ROM image. If yes, I would suggest to ALL CHEFS to remove SPL from the ROM image, so that everyone can flash all cooked ROM from SD Card without overwriting HSPL.

Anyone, any idea?
Last edited by vichet007; 6th January 2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Typo
5th January 2010, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore

566 posts
More
gd.. so it wont create confuse
5th January 2010, 04:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

1,371 posts
More
Guys, when I was clarifying in bepe's thread regarding this, I think it was only a NO, NO, with having stocked Roms in the SD card as Stocked Roms would contain the SPL package.

Cooked Roms don't have this thus SD flashing should be fine...
Can I have a chef please confirm this so that this confusion can be put to rest.
Last edited by band27; 5th January 2010 at 05:07 AM.
5th January 2010, 04:49 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

205 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by band27

Guys, when I was clarifying in bepe's threading regarding this, I think it was only a NO, NO, with having stocked Roms in the SD card as Stocked Roms would contain the SPL package.

Cooked Roms don't have this thus SD flashing should be fine...
Can I have a chef please confirm this so that this confusion can be put to rest.

You may be right.

Yeah, it would be great to have some chef confirming this so that we feel safe when flashing cooked ROM from SD card.
5th January 2010, 12:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

1,371 posts
More
Ok, I have confirmation from Xannytech, SPL's are included in chef's Rom so at this stage in the development......

NEVER FLASH YOUR DEVICE USING THE SD CARD UNLESS IT"S SPECIFIED BY THE CHEF THAT ITS SAFE TO DO SO.

CHEFS should mentioned on their First page as they usually do, the Best way to Flash their Rom.

Perhaps in the future Roms maybe SD Flash Friendly, but at this stage they are NOT. Well some are but not to make matters confusing, just simple use your PC-USB way of flashing.
Last edited by band27; 5th January 2010 at 12:39 PM.
5th January 2010, 12:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 2

396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by band27

Ok, I have confirmation from Xannytech, SPL's are included in chef's Rom so at this stage in the development......

NEVER FLASH YOUR DEVICE USING THE SD CARD UNLESS IT"S SPECIFIED BY THE CHEF THAT ITS SAFE TO DO SO.

CHEFS should mentioned on their First page as they usually do, the Best way to Flash their Rom.

Perhaps in the future Roms maybe SD Flash Friendly, but at this stage they are NOT. Well some are but not to make matters confusing, just simple use your PC-USB way of flashing.

I don't really understand why to include SPL.nb to custom ROM... I never see this in other phone model. I'll take a look to a part of actual ROM but I really don't understand. I think to have ONLY OS.nb and some time a RADIO.nb is sufficient (and less dangerous) [SPL flash can brick the device but not OS].
So I haven't coocked with new style kitchen (old-style coocking ) I'll take a look to this.
5th January 2010, 04:17 PM   |  #7  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvx45

I don't really understand why to include SPL.nb to custom ROM... I never see this in other phone model. I'll take a look to a part of actual ROM but I really don't understand. I think to have ONLY OS.nb and some time a RADIO.nb is sufficient (and less dangerous) [SPL flash can brick the device but not OS].
So I haven't coocked with new style kitchen (old-style coocking ) I'll take a look to this.

Same for me, I wonder why one would include SPL.
Last edited by djet; 5th January 2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: typo
5th January 2010, 04:57 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

205 posts
Guys, I had flashed two ROMs (Topix 1.1.2 and SONE 1.1) from SD card without any problem. HSPL was not overwritten.

However, it would be very helpful for chef to mention if their ROM includes SPL in their post.
5th January 2010, 06:25 PM   |  #9  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Winterthur
Thanks Meter: 2,970

2,002 posts
Donate to Me
More
I still don't understand HOW TO FLASH FROM SD-CARD after i applied the HSPL patch?

I read the HSPL thread but i still don't know it. Help appreciated
5th January 2010, 06:52 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyy

I still don't understand HOW TO FLASH FROM SD-CARD after i applied the HSPL patch?

I read the HSPL thread but i still don't know it. Help appreciated

From [TUT] How to change from one official ROM to another:

Quote:

6 (normal): Put your Favourite OFFICIAL Rom on the Leo
--a:Right click on your exampleOFFICIALrom.exe and Extract it to a folder
--b:From the extracted file locate RUU_signed.nbh and rename it LEOIMG.nbh
--c:Copy the LEOIMG.nbh file to your MicroSD card
--d: Make sure your phone is charged at least 80% then power it off
--e: Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN then Press POWER button
--f: A menu will appear select (usually the power button) to continue to write the ROM
--g:After 5-10 minutes the phone should tell you the ROM was successfully written and the bar is full. You can now press reset (the small Red button beside the battery, use a pen)

Instead of the official ROM, copy and rename the cooked ROM of your choice...

Cheers!
Rob

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread