Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

[CANCELLED] XDA-Marketplace (Source-code released & attached)

10th February 2010, 12:07 AM   |  #301  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up
Hey,

Just a question to the guys behind this brilliant project,

Whats the current status of it all? And is there a timeline for when we can hope to get our first glimpses of it all?

My only other point is that i think the guys behind this should just make the decisions on designs and things like that. Because the project could take for ever if every little detail needs to be discussed on the board, desgins, names etc. Personally, i think at the end of the day if the homepage is green or blue, it doesnt matter, and if the website is abc.com or acb.com it really doesnt matter. Its what the website will provide that we're all so eager about!

And I would really love to help if i could but i have no skills that could be of any use!

Keep of the great work!
10th February 2010, 11:06 AM   |  #302  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

236 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeup

Hey,

Just a question to the guys behind this brilliant project,

Whats the current status of it all? And is there a timeline for when we can hope to get our first glimpses of it all?

My only other point is that i think the guys behind this should just make the decisions on designs and things like that. Because the project could take for ever if every little detail needs to be discussed on the board, desgins, names etc. Personally, i think at the end of the day if the homepage is green or blue, it doesnt matter, and if the website is abc.com or acb.com it really doesnt matter. Its what the website will provide that we're all so eager about!

And I would really love to help if i could but i have no skills that could be of any use!

Keep of the great work!

The current status is that a couple of pages needs to be put together design-wise, and the tag-functionality has to be finished.

it will be hosted at www.xda-downloads.com (not affiliated with xda-developers.com in any way), and the main design is done, and will be in the style of the current holding-page there.

I promise it wont take forever, as I'm soon ready to release an early version
10th February 2010, 01:59 PM   |  #303  

3 posts
Awesome! Thanks for the update.

I'm sure everyone is just as eager and excited as i am!

All the best
10th February 2010, 02:11 PM   |  #304  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 37

1,364 posts
More
Thank you yngvebn for your hard work regarding this brilliant & exciting project.
10th February 2010, 02:16 PM   |  #305  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5

175 posts
More
so will users who did not develop an app be allowed to post it \ link the forum thread to the XDA-market?

Also, how will this scan our PDA for updates, will it work like app to date where people have to add code to their program? Or alternatively, will it require a log-in and simply have a server-side list of the software we downloaded and the version which it was (this one seems easier to implement)?
10th February 2010, 02:19 PM   |  #306  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
who gets to test the new app and report any bugs?
12th February 2010, 08:50 PM   |  #307  

82 posts
keep checking this...

Looking forward to the release date
13th February 2010, 05:37 PM   |  #308  
Flag Landshut

58 posts
More
Thumbs up
keep up this brilliant project
13th February 2010, 05:42 PM   |  #309  
Flag Manchester

141 posts
More
Great news, thanks for your work, it will be appreciated highly
13th February 2010, 05:42 PM   |  #310  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

236 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienrl

so will users who did not develop an app be allowed to post it \ link the forum thread to the XDA-market?

Also, how will this scan our PDA for updates, will it work like app to date where people have to add code to their program? Or alternatively, will it require a log-in and simply have a server-side list of the software we downloaded and the version which it was (this one seems easier to implement)?

Each application uploaded will have the posibility to have different versions. If you log in, and download something, the next time you log in it will check if the last version you downloaded is up to date.

Maybe some solution combining the features in app-to-date with this can be implemented later, but for now I think this is sufficient. It will also provide the user with a list of applications downloaded, so that you can easily download a zip-file with all the cabs for those apps (you can of course remove programs from your list if you're no longer interested in it)

Stay tuned

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread