[RADIO] The HTC HD2 Master Radio Thread

OP kholk

5th April 2010, 02:52 AM   |  #931  
Thanks Meter: 1,048

9,105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssx

hi I can't seem to install a new radio version. I'm using a UK T-Mobile HD2 bought in November last year. So bot even sure if I can use "Leo_RADIO_15.34.50.07U_2.08.50.08 **(from TMOUS 2.09)" But I tried it anyway. Tried another one as well but the result is the same.

I'm trying CustomRUU and the radio file (renamed to "RUU_Signed.nbh") put in the same folder and running the CustomRUU exe file. The process is stuck at 0%. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

My settings are as follows: factory
ROM 1.48.405.2 (71294) WWE
Radio 2.05.51.05_2

I was just trying to update to the latest EnergyROM (1st April) version and that required a new radio version. I'm sorry for the stupid questions and I'm a noob at this. It's just that it's too hard to follow all the developments that are happening with this device! Thanks to all for working towards this and I would really appreciate if someone coulf please help me out with this..

Thanks!

Have you HSPL'd? are you running the customruu as administrator? (right click 'run as administrator')
5th April 2010, 09:03 AM   |  #932  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 41

2,002 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssx

I'm trying CustomRUU and the radio file (renamed to "RUU_Signed.nbh") put in the same folder and running the CustomRUU exe file.

samsam answered you already (yet another thing to put in first post together wil rilphone.dll notes ), anyway, regarding this step I must dissent from all the tutorials around.
I like to keep all my nbh files with an explicative name, in order to know what's what, and when I flash something I simply copy the said file in the customruu folder. CustomRUU.exe never had a problem at flashing the nbh it found, whatever the filename was. Last time for example I flashed "Radio 2.09.xxxx.nbh" and "Axlor_Leo_XLITE.nbh" no problem
5th April 2010, 12:23 PM   |  #933  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Thanks to both of you! I thought i had HSPL'd but seems i uninstalled it after I did it the first time. Used HSPL2 this time to install 2.08. All works fine now. Installed EnergyRom now with GTX theme...really nice!

thanks esp to samsamuel, always with helpful info and FAST! really appreciate it
5th April 2010, 03:42 PM   |  #934  

1 posts
Smile
Thanks!!!!
5th April 2010, 07:59 PM   |  #935  

73 posts
Thanks for the great post with all the radios in one place - very handy!!

One question though.... how do I tell the versions of the radio from the filename? Example, Leo_RADIO_15.34.50.07U_2.08.50.08 **(from TMOUS 2.09) has both 2.08 and 2.09 in the title name?

I'm guessing the above example is 2.08 radio?

Thanks
5th April 2010, 08:06 PM   |  #936  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 41

2,002 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latz

Thanks for the great post with all the radios in one place - very handy!!

One question though.... how do I tell the versions of the radio from the filename? Example, Leo_RADIO_15.34.50.07U_2.08.50.08 **(from TMOUS 2.09) has both 2.08 and 2.09 in the title name?

I'm guessing the above example is 2.08 radio?

Thanks

er.... yes
"TMOUS 2.09" is the base rom version, 2.08 is the radio version. Same concept goes for everything else.
5th April 2010, 08:08 PM   |  #937  

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephestione

er.... yes
"TMOUS 2.09" is the base rom version, 2.08 is the radio version. Same concept goes for everything else.

5th April 2010, 08:28 PM   |  #938  
Flag Stockholm, 3

47 posts
More
HD2 RADIO vs tmous
Just a reminder here:
FOR HD2 THE 3RD NUMBER IN RADIO VERSION MUST BE 51, FOR TMOUS - 50, and later must not be used for HD2 at all.
And do not alter RILPHONE.DLL, otherwise it will give you a majour headache.
Besides, why are we talking only about 3g reception here? The GPS part of radios is pretty important too. (as for 3g, 2.09.51.. reception is very good for me). What about GPS, HD2 is a whole shame, having EXTREMELY noisy GPS output, I have never seen such a bad GPS device in my life. Obviously, HD2 radios are trying to somehow correct lousy HD2 GPS receiver, e.g. 2.09.51.. is trying hardly to predict your path using your current speed and direction to soften creasy GPS noise. Radio 2.07.51.. does not do this in my observations. What are your opinions on this issue, dear colleagues?
Last edited by bastanamnet; 5th April 2010 at 08:43 PM.
5th April 2010, 09:04 PM   |  #939  
Thanks Meter: 1,048

9,105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastanamnet

Just a reminder here:
FOR HD2 THE 3RD NUMBER IN RADIO VERSION MUST BE 51, FOR TMOUS - 50, and later must not be used for HD2 at all.

A bit confusing there, so just for clarity...

'normal' hd2 - can use any radio, ..50.. or ..51.., however if you are using a rom that unlocks the hidden extra ram, then only a ..50.. radio will show the extra ram, and a ..51.. radio will stick at grey screen when you boot.
This is not a problem, just boot to bootloader and correct the radio.

'tmous' hd2 - never ever flash any radio with ..51.. in the vesrion. Thats it, period, you WILL kill your phone.
6th April 2010, 01:07 AM   |  #940  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Marlton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 789

2,476 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastanamnet

Besides, why are we talking only about 3g reception here? The GPS part of radios is pretty important too. (as for 3g, 2.09.51.. reception is very good for me). What about GPS, HD2 is a whole shame, having EXTREMELY noisy GPS output, I have never seen such a bad GPS device in my life. Obviously, HD2 radios are trying to somehow correct lousy HD2 GPS receiver, e.g. 2.09.51.. is trying hardly to predict your path using your current speed and direction to soften creasy GPS noise. Radio 2.07.51.. does not do this in my observations. What are your opinions on this issue, dear colleagues?

I have to disagree about the GPS, I have 2 HD2's and the GPS is better than my TP leaps and bounds, and much better than my 2 bluetooth GPS units and Garmin. Both phones pull sats on my first floor of my 2 story house! It blows me away. Never had a GPS pull downstairs in my house... No speed lag like my TP, and finds a fix extremely fast. You might want to check your AGPS settings. Could be the server it's connecting to?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
radio
Previous Thread Next Thread