[Recovery] [07-Jan-2011] RA-passion-v2.2.1
This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
This recovery is for the HTC Nexus One only
, if you have a :
- HTC Dream/G1 you should go here
- HTC Magic/MT3G you should go here
- HTC Hero you should go here
- HTC Sprint Hero you should go here
- HTC Eris you should go here
- HTC Tattoo you should go here
- Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
You can do this by doing :
- "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
- Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.
Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate
through the menu, press the trackball to select
items. Use the Volume-down key to go back
to a previous menu.
- full ADB access in recovery mode
- Alternative CM and JF version
- Busybox v1.15.3
- Kernel (184.108.40.206) with ext3 + ext4 support
- SLCD and AMOLED support
- HW-Key navigation (Trackball + Volume-key) option
- Extended menu :
- Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
- USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
- Nand backup :: Make a selective Nandroid backup
- Nand restore :: Restore a Nandroid backup
- Backup Google proprietary system files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
- Restore Google proprietary system files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
- Flash zip from sdcard.
- Choose zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from any (sub)-directory on your sdcard
- Toggle signature verification :: Toggles the signature verification for zip files.
- Wipe ALL data/factory reset :: wipes /data + /cache + entire ext partition + all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe /data :: wipes /data.
- Wipe /cache :: wipes /cache.
- Wipe /sdcard/.android_secure :: wipes all apps installed on your sdcard (froyo a2sd).
- Wipe /sd-ext :: wipes the entire ext partition on your sd (if present).
- Wipe Dalvik-cache :: wipes the dalvik-cache located in /cache + /data + /sd-ext is present.
- Wipe battery stats :: reset the battery calibration.
- Wipe rotate settings :: reset the sensor calibration.
- Partition sdcard
- Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
- Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
- SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
- SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
- (Un)Mount /system
- (Un)Mount /cache
- (Un)Mount /data
- (Un)Mount /sd-ext
- (Un)Mount /sdcard
- Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
- Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
- Power off :: Powers off your phone
- Scripts available via adb :
via Rom Manager
- Make sure that init.rc isn't calling any install-recovery.sh script, otherwise you'll boot back to stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android). More info on this here.
- Download "Rom Manager" from the Android market
- Start "Rom Manager"
- Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish
- Select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and wait for it to finish -> this will install the latest version of RA recovery.
via terminal app
Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while holding the trackball)
Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/...
fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone)
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img
How to boot in Recovery Mode
Copy recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img to the root of your sdcard
start the terminal app
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img(press enter)
reboot recovery(press enter)
ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
Latest version :
Previous versions :
- Boot the phone while holding down the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
- Navigate to RECOVERY with the the VOLUMEDOWN-key.
- Press the POWER-key to select.
- Nandroid backup is now selective, boot/system/cache/data are selected by default.
- Nandroid checks if there's at least 500MB free on SDcard before starting a backup.
- Added/updated error/warning messages.
- Fixed ext4 support in kernel! Update from v2.x if you are using sd-ext!
- Reduced recovery size by 800kb so it fits any hboot version to date :
- Set Kernel compression mode to LZMA (33% smaller kernel)
- Switched kernel debugging off
- Removed : Networking support - Bluetooth subsystem support
- Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - AKM8973 Compass Driver
- Removed : Device Drivers - Misc device - A1026 Voice Processor Driver
- Removed : Device Drivers - Multimedia support
- Removed : Device Drivers - MSM 3D Graphics driver for Adreno class GPU's
- Nandroid now backups the entire content of /sd-ext , not just the apps. This fixes bootloops of certain restored roms.
- Moved the "Toggle signature verification"-option from the Other- to the main flash-submenu.
- Re-ordered the wipe menu.
Some things in v2.0.0 were kanged with a twist from the Clockworkmod recovery.
Special thanks to :
- Updated kernel to 2.6.35 (SLCD and AMOLED are now both supported).
- Added SDEXT support for update scripts.
- Added "filebrowser" support when you select a zip to flash.
- Added "/.." support to the filebrowser so you can navigate up.
- Added a mount menu so you can manually (u)mount stuff.
- Added a toggle verification switch so you can flash those awesome unsigned winrar rom releases...
- Fully re-wrote the wipe menu (it's not using a script anymore), added a few new wipe options.
- Added "/sdcard/.android_secure" support , nandroid now backups/restores .android_secure (Froyo a2sd apps) by default.
- Added a few new Google apps to the Google app backup script.
- packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
- Koushik Dutta for all his recovery work ^^
- Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
- Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
- JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
- pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
- Bkmo for his utility script!
- Devsk for his switchrom script!
- 51dusty for his sdparted script!
- k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
- Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART
- rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
- http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.