[Recovery] [07-Jan-2011] RA-passion-v2.2.1

OP Amon_RA

14th January 2010, 05:07 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 6

313 posts
I am guessing your phone is rooted? I don't have an answer other than I would suggest you make sure you are using the latest version of fastboot.
-mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by arantius

I've had no problem running the commands to get this set up. But the recovery doesn't boot.

Did:

Code:
D:\android-sdk-windows-1.6_r1\tools>fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img
sending 'recovery' (3550 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... OKAY
Then power off and boot to flashboot again. Pick bootloader, recovery. See the quad-color nexus X and lock icon, then after just a moment, the android mascot with an exclamation point in a triangle. At this point I can't do anything besides pull the battery.

I've checked the md5 of my .img and it's right. I don't know how to get a recovery.log to post.

14th January 2010, 07:10 AM   |  #112  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 4

146 posts
More
Thanks for this awesome work !!! I just got my nexus one and rooting and recovery was the first thing i did

Thanks a million !
14th January 2010, 02:21 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixmaven

I am guessing your phone is rooted? I don't have an answer other than I would suggest you make sure you are using the latest version of fastboot.
-mix

No. After 'fastboot oem unlock' installing this was the first step in the instructions I was following to get it rooted. Is there something, besides oem unlock, that I need to do to a stock phone before I can install this?
14th January 2010, 06:40 PM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 1,105

454 posts
Got my nexus one and did this within 15 minutes of getting it. Thanks much for the hard work.

I think it would be great that one the first page there should be instructions on how to get into the recovery menu only for people with fast eyes ...lol

When i flashed it and rebooted I expected the RA - Recovery 1.5.3, what really happens is that you go to fastboot then select RECOVERY from there...

I am just use to my G1 recovery popin up when hold the button, not going through FASTBOOT/HBOOT then selecting the RECOVERY menu.

I fixed it right away after a few seconds of "why did this not this work" but from G1 users its an extra step and comes down to getting used to the new menus.

Again I cant thank you enough for the hard work and love having all the features my G1 has on day one of my Nexus
15th January 2010, 01:09 AM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixmaven

I would suggest you make sure you are using the latest version of fastboot.
-mix

Wow. That was it. Had a 1.6 sdk sitting around, and I guess fastboot has changed since. Made sure I downloaded the latest possible tools, and now I'm in. Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to try it, with no error message from fastboot, without this suggestion.
15th January 2010, 02:48 AM   |  #116  
Thanks Meter: 6

313 posts
It was helpful that you had posted the path you were using, I could see version 1.6 r1 and figured you were using an older version. Glad it worked. Have fun.
-mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by arantius

Wow. That was it. Had a 1.6 sdk sitting around, and I guess fastboot has changed since. Made sure I downloaded the latest possible tools, and now I'm in. Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to try it, with no error message from fastboot, without this suggestion.

15th January 2010, 08:59 AM   |  #117  
Flag Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Meter: 51

206 posts
More
my nandroid somehow stopped working after a few days of it working fine. its telling me : error! please run "nandroid-mobile.sh" in adb.

i have adb setup, but can someone clarify the steps involved.

i also tried flashing the recovery.img again, and it does the same thing.

i have Enomther's newest addon installed as well.

thanks
Last edited by kscasper13; 15th January 2010 at 09:01 AM.
15th January 2010, 06:58 PM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
BootMagic check fail
I can't install the recovery. It looks like its failing when writing.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img
sending 'recovery' (33 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))
15th January 2010, 08:30 PM   |  #119  
Post I'll just leave this here..
How to put Nexus One in Recovery Mode?

1. Connect the Nexus One to your PC/Mac and turn it off.
2. Hold the volume down button and hit the power button (while holding the side volume down button). You should see the bootloader screen (with the word unlocked on top).
3. Hit the volume button twice to select the recovery option. Now hit the Power button to enter the recovery mode!
15th January 2010, 10:43 PM   |  #120  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 398

1,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrquicknet

I can't install the recovery. It looks like its failing when writing.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img
sending 'recovery' (33 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image error! (BootMagic check fail))

Did you unlock the bootloader? Did you check the md5sum?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread