Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

anyone planning on using Nexus on AT&T

OP dsarch21

5th January 2010, 10:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

396 posts
More
I have a magic (from rogers, so it works on At&t 3g) but I really really wanna get on board with the Nexus.

I am in NJ so TMo says 3g coverage is good, but i am just skeptical.
plus i have a family plan on at&t, wife uses iphone, doubt i could talk her into giving it up...

anyone gonna use the nexus on at&t and go without 3g???
5th January 2010, 10:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag honolulu
Thanks Meter: 8

591 posts
More
I will be replacing my iphone with the nexus tomorrow when the n1 arrives. Because of how awful 3g is in my area (live in seattle work in redmond) I have been using edge almost exclusively. Funnily enough, my dropped calls have ceased after the 3g=>edge move. Go figure

I plan to keep my iphone handy and see just how painful the n1 is without the ability to attempt 3g if I really want it or need it (maps come to mind and so does pandora though both have been acceptable on edge thus far).

Perhaps I can call ATT and have them remove 3g from my account saving me some money each month.
Last edited by deprecate; 5th January 2010 at 10:59 PM.
5th January 2010, 11:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 9

187 posts
More
I'm going to try it out on AT&T to see if/(how much) I miss 3g. If I can't get along without it, I'll just switch to T-Mobile. I live in Dallas so both AT&T and T-Mobile have full coverage.
5th January 2010, 11:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag honolulu
Thanks Meter: 8

591 posts
More
For me, the people I talk to the most are on ATT and it would cost me more to continue my phone habits on a different provider than to just stick with ATT. Moving back to T-Mobile is not an option at this point. I really do wish I had kept my G1 when I made that move
5th January 2010, 11:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

396 posts
More
yeah, i was thinking the same thing, just try my non-3g life out and go from there.....at least i'm not alone!

like you said, i have a family / friends all on att, so i might cost more if i were on tmo now...

thakns for input, good luck to us!
6th January 2010, 12:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Austin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 0

148 posts
More
I have a g1 & mytouch on at&t just unlocked it. i dont mind having 2G only cuz my battery life is increased and when i get home i have wifi so i just attach to it to get better speeds.. i plan on getting the nexus one when i have the money for it. i didnt know the rogers phones are at&T compatible. anyone wanna sell or trade devices? PM ME

thanks
6th January 2010, 01:53 AM   |  #7  
Rainy NW
Thanks Meter: 41

335 posts
More
I hated having my iPhone on Tmobile, no 3G kinda killed the use of an iPhone, the call quality wasn't that great, and though it was handy, it was a bit annoying knowing that I had no 3G. I sold it for $370, used that money to buy a N1 :]
6th January 2010, 02:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag Mililani
Thanks Meter: 104

1,074 posts
More
I have an xperia X1a.... and am probably going to buy a nexus.. I"m tired of people w/ cheap, crappy phones having way better internet speed than me.
BUT.. I will make sure that X10 really isn't tmo 3g compatible.
6th January 2010, 02:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag Cincinatti
Thanks Meter: 9

356 posts
More
WHy won't the n1 get 3G- any idea when they might change that?
6th January 2010, 02:38 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

396 posts
More
well, the n1 doesn't have the 850 mhz frequency that att runs there 3g on.
the n1 is coming to verizon in the spring and will have 3g......i honestly don't think n1 will ever get to att, especially since google is obviously battling with iphone.....

i really would love the n1, but i honestly don't know i could give up my magic with 3g on ATT......i was just downloading at 1600 kb/sec....pretty damn fast.

the 2g speed is only like 180 kb/sec.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread