5,596,179 Members 33,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]<< Artemis HD2 v73.0 >>[WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|ELL|SPA|PTG|RUS|NLD|NOR|SVE|DAN] WEH6.5

Tip us?

kuzibri
Old
(Last edited by kuzibri; 10th February 2011 at 11:25 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee View Post
Dear kuzibri,

again you're one of the helping hands.
But in this case your suggestion doesn't eliminate the error.

I think the best I can do now is to set up the whole device from scratch.
So I wait for v54 and look forward to another happy flashing this week end

Thnx & greetz, Cee.
Hi Cee,

i have searched to find a way to help you out untill V54 is released. One other thing I found that might help:
In your email account settings there is a certain window that asks for the outgoing (SMTP) server for POP3 mail accounts. Just underneath that there is a box that asks wether authentication is needed for this outgoing server. If this is checked in your account, uncheck that, go further to the end of the email settings and finish and then soft reset device. Maybe that will do it. On the other hand, if it is unchecked, just check/tick it. This is the weird behaviour of this setting, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, but maybe worth giving it a try. In my settings it's unchecked, but sometimes (depending on provider) you might just have to check it.

regards, Kuzibri

Life is finite but learning never ends. You can only get better by hope and the support of your family and dear friends
Learning Never Ends Team Member

z_harris
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzibri View Post
This problem has been mentioned several times since the release of V53. Question though in your case is: does this happen on the very same page (portrait does not work, landscape does)? It's known that on several pages, certainly with a lot of images, the double tap does not work in portrait mode. Therefore my question to you!

regards, Kuzibri
hi mr. Kuzibri,
I try a lot of pages and double tab work on all n landscape mode.

Snah001
Old
Thanks Meter 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastered000 View Post
What best to use chteditor 1.8.5.1. or 2.0?
Hi, I use CHT 2.0 and never ever had any problems with it, specially when knowing that I am a business user with f.i. 1 exchange account and 5 other email boxes which are checked frequently and travelling a lot (many times in Russia these days).
Also CHT 2.0 gives you the opportunity to mod your lock screen: as on mine I can start immediately my foto camera app without to unlock my phone first so you can really make quick pics when needed.
I noticed no detectable speed difference and battery usage and it allows you a lot of more tweaks than using CHT 1.8.5.1.
See my lock screen here.

Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	514816  
1 x ONE M8 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

jsbartet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
To install MAGDLR, you have indeed to downgrade to an official HTC ROM 1.66, then use HSPL2_RUn.exe to set it to HSPL 2.08.
If you dont want to downgrade, than the only other option is to put an Android build on SD Card, f.i. one of the Froyo ones, based on HTC Desire

regards, Kuzibri
Thanks a lot for your answer Kuzibri, even if it's not the one I wanted... but I thought so...
Anyway I like that Artemis ROM, so won't bother with that android think, unless a new MAGLDR pop out... or not ?? ;)

rmeulen
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Wink Another trip from WP7 XBmod v1.02

Hi Artemis family,

I made another sideseeing trip to WP7, using the XBmod custom rom version.
The overall experience with this OS on our amazing HD2 is good.

Pro:
- Easy to use user experience
- Superb keyboard functionality
- Battery same behavior as for normal Artemis use
Cons:
- Very simple graphical presentation, boring!
- Closed system that does not allow us to make it our own
- If headphone plugged in, no microphone when calling
- No customised ringtone (at least not an easy way to do it)
- While setting all phone on vibrate only, still the alarm makes a sound
- It needs an activation code for which MS is needed to make the marketplace available.

It is an impressive piece of work to make our HD2 run the latest OS but...

I am currently waiting for v54.0 to jump back on the Artemis train. I am starting to get homesick being away from Artemis for a week now.

Some suggestions and questions:

@Sternas; any ideas on how to incorporate the WP7 keyboard behavior in the future Artemis releases? WP7 is much better than existing keyboard solutions for WM6.5

@Sternas; the battery app provided by v51 was resetting counters everytime the app is used. Can usage figures be captures using the 'charge event'? So calculate usage between unplug power and plug power time?

@Others; in the Sense interface only the last 25 SMS messages can be scrolled through. Is there a way to extend this amount? A tweak to change the 25?

@Others; the stock presentation of the home-screen shows the big digital clock and a one liner calendar. Is there a way without CHT to reduce clock-size and increase the calendar view on the homepage?

Regards,
A homesick Artemis addict!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmeulen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ath73
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default Nokia changes to WP

Hello Sir. Sternas and others!

Mighty Nokia is jumping to Windows Phone. So maybe it's not so short life project from Microsoft after all. What do you guys think about that?

(sorry about this off topic)

Regards, Ath73
Nokia Lumia 920
HTC HD2 T8585

Studebaker72
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question Would you mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by molann View Post
Sir Sternas,

I`d also like to ask you to try implementing a way to backup wifi\mail accounts.
For now I have to use third-party tool (Makisu from Sashimi - I`ve mentioned it many times already) - it produces an xml-file with quite simple structure and the is able to provision this setting back in the registry.
Dear molann!
As the winmo-experts site seems to be down, would you mind sharing a link to the Makisu cab-file? That would save a lot of work recreating all my mail-accounts...
Thank you, and have a great weekend!

kuzibri
Old
(Last edited by kuzibri; 11th February 2011 at 12:10 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_harris View Post
hi mr. Kuzibri,
I try a lot of pages and double tab work on all n landscape mode.
OK, but are there pages that react on double tap in portrait and landscape mode or does double tap only work in landscape and never in portrait?

regards, Kuzibri

Life is finite but learning never ends. You can only get better by hope and the support of your family and dear friends
Learning Never Ends Team Member
The Following User Says Thank You to kuzibri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adazamim
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeulen View Post
Hi Artemis family,

@Sternas; the battery app provided by v51 was resetting counters everytime the app is used. Can usage figures be captures using the 'charge event'? So calculate usage between unplug power and plug power time?

Regards,
A homesick Artemis addict!
+1 for unplug-to-plug Battery behavior calculations

Thank you rmeulen for the in-depth report.
Ahmed
Cairo - Egypt

HTC One X (ENDEAVOR)

Software information:
Android version: 4.0.3
HTC Sense version: 4.0
Stock ROM Software Number: 1.29.415.11
HTC SDK API level: 4.12
HTC Extension Version: HTCExtension_403_1_GA_7

Boot-loader Information:
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.96.0000
RADIO-1.1204.105.14

Previous Devices:
HTC Sensation XE
HTC DesieS
HTC HD2

Studebaker72
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation No success...

Quote:
First format new SD card with Windows PC formatting tool (slow mode), then with HD2 Formatting tool and thereafter restore, preferable through PC, the contents of your old SD Card.

regards, Kuzibri
Hello Kuzibri!
In case you are interessted, it did not work. I followed you procedure, but no sucess. Device is still laggy, very slow response, and some functions of Artemis Center are locked (i.e. Windows Start Menu selection, 3, 4 or 5 grid lines). By the way, when the replaced 16GB SD card will be inserted back instead of the new 32GB SD card the behaviour remains the same. I will wait for Artemis v54 to try again with fresh system install to see if it does make any difference.
Thank you anyway, and have a great weekend!

Tags
vouj
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe