Screen of my HD2 broken [PHOTO] any tutorial (or videotutorial) to change it?

OP nuki

8th January 2010, 07:24 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Thanks bobsbbq. Some questions:

1.- Then, if I bought together (touchscreen and LCD) it would be easier to replaced them

2.- Where can I buy them together?

Thanks bob
8th January 2010, 10:17 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 15

183 posts
More
I dont have instructions for you how to swap the display, but I can say the following: I had an Samsung Omnia, and the resistive touchscreen there was very bad. But there was an replacement which seemed to work much better. So I bought a new LCD + digitizer and started to disassemble the whole phone. I have to say, I'm not very good in disassembling electronics or reparing them. But after an hour of hard work where I sometimes had a bad feeling by pulling out the different flat-cables, the touchscreen was replaced and worked like a charm.
What I wanted to say with my post: I think you can do it, if you have the right equipment and some time. Good luck.
Last edited by mideel; 8th January 2010 at 10:21 PM.
8th January 2010, 10:37 PM   |  #13  

10 posts
I broke the screen on my Diamond2 and tried to fix it myself, but broke it beyond repair.
Be careful!
9th January 2010, 09:48 AM   |  #14  
Flag Covington, LA
Thanks Meter: 353

5,153 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuki

Thanks bobsbbq. Some questions:

1.- Then, if I bought together (touchscreen and LCD) it would be easier to replaced them

2.- Where can I buy them together?

Thanks bob

I don't know I found it here in one of the threads when I was just browsing and looking in about screen protectors and screen sensativity. There was a thread with a video, but I did not watch it. Just look around or try to search.

Sorry I can't help more.
9th January 2010, 04:59 PM   |  #15  

21 posts
http://4u-kidi.com/product.php?form=...&brand=HTC&ic=
52 usd
9th January 2010, 11:49 PM   |  #16  
Flag London

51 posts
More
oh man... I feel for you. You can check out a thread in the Accessories section of the HD1. Basically you are better off buying TouchScreen and LCD preassembled and replace the whole thing
10th January 2010, 07:38 AM   |  #17  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 1

155 posts
Donate to Me
More
Same thing happened to mine although the damage is lesser. Is the bezel around the glass (same piece of plastic that makes the back cover) damaged?
Mine is chipped heaps in the corner

I successfully replaced the screen on my Touch HD but was unable to remove the LCD screen from the digitizer so had to purchase a whole kit for about $200.

I can't find any for the HD2 though

To the people saying so: are you sure that the LCD is stuck to the digitizer like in the Touch HD or just speculation / thinking you read it somewhere?
10th January 2010, 09:44 AM   |  #18  

19 posts
More
Wink Suction Pad..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuki

Hi:

This is my new HD2

Even when broken, the display is working properly (I can open programs, make calls...)

I've seen on eBay a screen and tool to replacement:

for HTC HD2 HD 2 II Leo LCD Digitizer Touch Screen+Tool

...but I have no idea how to change the screen and I need a toturial (or video tutorial) to change the screen

¿Can you help me?

Thanks

Hi there,

I remember seeing the inside of the HTC HD2 online once and the screen had a suction pad on in it abit like this one. Maybe you should investigate that. I will post the link if I can find it.

You may also want to check your warranty you never know.
10th January 2010, 07:19 PM   |  #19  

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshikawa

Hi there,

I remember seeing the inside of the HTC HD2 online once and the screen had a suction pad on in it abit like this one. Maybe you should investigate that. I will post the link if I can find it.

You may also want to check your warranty you never know.

I have found it HTC HD2 Dissassembled in pictures

Hope this helps.
10th January 2010, 09:37 PM   |  #20  

14 posts
Unlucky mate!

I've dropped mine a couple times from about waist height (6ft 4) face down on to concrete thought it was a goner but some how it survied! I feel lucky now.

Have you not got insurance to get it fixed or replaced saves hassle looks like a bitch of a device to take apart.

Good luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread